View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 08:19 AM   #13
WhiteGLX
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
WhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to WhiteGLX Send a message via Yahoo to WhiteGLX
the motor does not need to be raised on one side, it just needs to be properly aligned. I used McKinney Motormounts for a VQ35DE, and added 1/2" spacers to teh LH engine mount, and 1/4" spacer to the RH engine mount, this pushed the mounts out and makes the engine sit a little higher, any lower really and it would be sitting ont he cross member anyways. The spacers push the engine to one side a little bit while keeping it very sturdily mounted and level. I still had to relocate the starter solenoid to clear the steering box, this contraption was the biggest challenge aside from the wiring to get this project completed. I will have the entire setup mounted again into my S14 in a month or two depending on time and such, but might have some better upto date pictures by then, not much will change though besides the addition of AC and PS to the engine.

***NASA HPDE Instructor***
WhiteGLX is offline   Reply With Quote