View Single Post
Old 06-24-2008, 02:05 PM   #46
Tenchuu
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Tenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrG_RPS13 View Post
Dude I am about 6'3 and weigh 105kg's and the 1000 nearly killed me a couple of times when I just got it. And I've been riding on a 650 for about a year prior, every day, and week ends.

Even if you weigh 300lbs the 1000 (and most bikes for that matter) can and will get you killed if you are not serious and careful. No one here is hating - they just all want you to make a sensible decision.

If you are scared to loose money and you want a big boy bike then I'd say the only solution is the GSXR K7 or K8. BUT, then you MUST have the self discipline to use the Mode Settings. Run it in C-mode for at least a month, then Switch to B Mode after that. Then after maybe 3 months if you're still alive switch to A-mode.

But spend a bit less on the bike and get some decent gear. Not just a helmet. Get boots, gloves, Jacket and riding pants. in that order. Research shows that after the head the feet are the most vulnarable in a bike accident. And read up a bit and buy good quality gear. 2mm+ leather with decent stiching.

And go for rider training.
word don't drop all your money on a bike. Most peole who just go out and get one that i see around where i live wire with the street shoes, pants/jeans, t-shirt and no gloves.
I ride with full setup is best, the bare minimum i ride with around town (to the store and back, i always go with pants too if riding on the highway) is jacket, gloves, boots, full face (with the shield down, idiots ride with it up allot) cause if you crash you need that stuff to keep you alive and happy. fixing a crashed biker is a LOT cheaper than the medical bills you will have with no protective equipment.