View Single Post
Old 05-03-2017, 11:47 AM   #677
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by livelovesole View Post
Thank you so much for the great info guys. I just happened to run into a P12 head first so I jumped on it. Brndck: I planned in running the mazworx intake plenum And E85. I was thinking that it would of been better insurance to upgrade the valvetrain but wasn't too sure yet. Ralliart: do you think keeping the 5.5mm intake valves is best then?
The stem of the valve isn't the concern with the P12 heads, it's the neck of the valve(4.5mm) which can stretch with the added heat of a turbocharged engine.

Inconel or SS valves are the best when it comes to heat management. Sodium filed play a role in longevity, typically used in OEM applications but do have a limit to heat tolerance, usually 1600*F.