View Single Post
Old 11-23-2022, 10:36 AM   #5
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
After watching someone actually rebuild a diff. I have come to the realization that I make enough money not to do this myself. And since I know where you are in the tax bracket I suggest you take the same route. Because you do got to replace a lot of that shit to swap the final drive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slider2828 View Post
I agree to Omikron.... Also all the dial indicators and backlash checking and standings and stuff..... All that gear oil that stinks like hell that you will barely get off your hands, let alone clothes....

Professionals who do it also can get it wrong, so yeah just get someone reputable do it..... Its not an easy thing
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
The biggest issue is setting pinion depth. Unless you have a bearing reamed out to slide on and off, you have to press it on and off to set it right. This takes a lot of time and can damage the new bearing. It?s not overly complicated, but it is involved and there are various things to check/verify before buttoning it up.
When I say I am in the process of building a differential, I am in the process of assembling all the materials to send it to a professional.

I'm asking for part numbers or a vendor (maybe a black Friday special) where I can buy all the parts to have a lasting differential rebuild

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote