View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 04:24 PM   #30
AngryPanda
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
AngryPanda is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRpilot View Post
I have a question. In the first post's pictures how come you didn't extend the panel all the way to the edge of the headlights or closer to the fender by another inch or two.

Also, just wondering, not that I would want a frp one, but will the frp version just be thicker and a solid color ready for paint?

Can you sign me up for carbon 2x2 weave.

Will you have any that will be clear coated so that you can take a picture and can these be picked up sometime in the middle of next week before next weekend?
the reason for not extending it to the edge is because widest carbon comes in is 60"s if i extended more the material cost would increase, also shipping the item would be a lot more. the size of the panel is right at the maximum before shipping starts to go up a lot.

I will have a clear coated part pictures on Monday. if you want the clear coat tell me after the pictures go up and I can clear one for you Tuesday. You should be able to pick up wendsday/thursday. The clear I use is Dupont Chroma clear, pretty good stuff far as clear goes. No cheap stuff here.

The fiberglass one will come primed.Some will be carbon ones that are primed dude to costmetic defects some will be fiberglass. I always found the term ready to paint misleading. Ready to paint is very subjective depending on who is painting it. But it will require some prep work before painting.

Also anyone interested in a s13 version?