View Single Post
Old 06-02-2022, 11:20 AM   #8
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Interesting problem.

in short, you essentially have
-passenger side ride height is significantly lower than drivers side
-passenger track width is "wider" compared to drivers side
-camber difference on pass side

These symptoms persist regardless of the S14 arms or extended S13 arms?
The knuckles can only go on one way, and I assume you didn't have manufacturing defects both times.

If the coilovers are still the same, then I'd ask if you are hearing ANY weird noises on them. If you say the only things that changed were the arms and RCA kit then here's what I'd look at.

Coilovers - Make sure camber settings up top are even on both sides. Make sure the top mounting hole isnt slotted where it mates to the knuckle. Some people oval out the holes to get some camber adjustment.
-Check the lower mount to make sure it's not bent, but if you are able to adjust it to try to get more ride height, I'd assume it's fine.
- Make sure the springs are identical on both coils. Sounds stupid but Idk if you bought those coils new or not.
-Make sure upper perches are at the same height. I assume you have verified this but still.

Knuckles - verify that the knuckle to lower coilover mounts are all using the same hardware. This sounds like you have one eccentric bolt set to negative camber on the passenger side.
Just make sure all 4(?) bolts are all the same, or are not mismatched (like you have an eccentric bolt on the bottom mount).
Other than that, I can't even find the site for the knuckles but I can't imagine that they're off center.

Hubs - just want to make sure you don't have some howling ass hub on the passenger side. Just making sure your wheel bearing isn't really toasted. In an extreme case that could be it but highly unlikely here.

20mm extended s13 arms - I've seen professionals mess up on a daily basis. I'd check both of them for the distance from the mounting holes to the ball joint. It's really hard to hit 20.000mm.

Tension rods - just make sure they are both even, I assume the bushings are both good too?

I would like to see pictures.

In general, you can also get a boroscope like one of these. I scored one for $20 and it helps in looking for stuff that I can't fit my head in.

Also, the subframe mounting holes on the frame rail are pretty tight. If you do think that your subframe has shifted I would think you'd also get some clunking with it too. Check around where it mounts to see if you can find any paint spidering.

The bent coilover is something one can kind of point to. I assume you had the same coilovers on from when you:
-originally had a good alignment prior to installing GKteck and S14 arms
-first encountered the issue after installing GKteck and S14 arms
-Still had the same problems with the extended S13 and DD knuckles

It might not be the entire coilover being bent, could just be the lower threaded mount.
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote