View Single Post
Old 06-02-2022, 09:12 PM   #9
AKADriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
If you've changed LCAs and coilovers and the problem persists I can only suspect three things:

- Frame tweaked in a way that's not immediately obvious like a collapsed strut tower. You could go through the frame cross-measurements in the FSM to make sure the suspension pickup points are all in spec side to side.

- Knuckle is somehow bent. I'd expect this to crack not bend though.

- You're gauging how visibly level it looks and the wheelgap from the fender lip, and it's the fender that's out of whack.

For what it's worth I stuck a digital level/angle finder on my core support and found it was off by about .75 degrees - passenger side high - with my coilovers on the exact same setting left to right. My car is otherwise completely stock chassis-wise, no altered geometry, and it's never been crashed, and I drive like an old man. My car hasn't had an alignment since replacing the rack and tie rods so I decided to mess with the shock body height and preload to see if I could level it and I couldn't, at least with conservative changes that wouldn't have resulted in it being way different side to side like yours. The car would just settle back to being passenger side high. .75 degrees of tilt over the S13's stock track width is equivalent to one side being 3/4" high. Though measuring from wheel center to fender lip (that's how Miata guys do it) the wheelgap is only maybe 3/8" different, but then even in my non-crashed car the front fender lips might be unreliable.
AKADriver is offline   Reply With Quote