View Single Post
Old 06-10-2022, 12:28 PM   #1307
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
So here is the rub, the ka24 honda setup is enticing because the engine is widely available and cheap to replace. However the cost of entry is roughly 8-10 grand after all is said and done.

I have two sr20det motors, I keep a built spare and have since 2010, luckily I've never had to put it in my car. But I'd like to convert it to a ve for the head reliability.

If I can build a reliable sr20ve setup with a p11 head and the s13sr bottom end which are easy to get your hands on and cheap. And make 4-550 horsepower reliably and street tune on shit gas for 350hp I don't see why not.

All of the extreme block work, stroking, wpc, unnecessary. Some decent headwork, put wedges in the water jackets and enjoy.

availability and cost is the main turnoff for anything SR related.
Availability and costs are up on everything, not just SR.

No fancy work is needed for a 500whp VET, that includes head work. Throw upgraded springs in it and let her rip.