View Single Post
Old 05-27-2012, 08:16 PM   #20
FattyMcBaggins
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
FattyMcBaggins is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes, definitely stay away from ZFever. I had to go back and fix a ton of the wiring that they did. If I go through with this I'll be speaking with UpRev about having them do the ECU service themselves. I also plan to offer PROPER wiring service to those that are interested. But, my first goal is to arm people with the knowledge they need to complete a project like this. Electrical ANYTHING was voodoo magic to me before I started this swap. I hated all of it. But now that I've learned how to troubleshoot it and learned how to solder properly, it all makes sense.
And yeah, cost wise, there are plenty of other viable options. I almost went with a 2jz, but I love how much space there is to work on the VQ in my car. I can stand in the engine bay in between the engine and the radiator! Good luck reaching a hand in with an RB or 2jz. And my only reasoning for not doing an LS1 swap is I feel like it's the go to engine for anything and everything. Hot rodders, resto-mod's, and now even all of the imports. I've always liked the idea of taking down a big domestic with an import power plant, especially in a car they'd never expect it from.
As far as A/C and cruise control go, I've seen some guys keep them both, and it doesn't look to be TOO complicated, but I'm still shaking things down on my car, engine-wise, so that's another days project all together. It will be included in the book though once I figure it all out!
FattyMcBaggins is offline   Reply With Quote