View Single Post
Old 11-29-2020, 08:33 PM   #75
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
Once I got an exhaust on the car and started it I noticed a bit of tapping, decided to pull the valve cover and have a look. Cams had oil on them, but didn't look too happy overall, I pulled the oil tubes off and blasted a bit of brake clean down them, you guys were right, they were completely clogged. Grabbed another set I had and they checked out good, threw them in and the engine sounds a lot happier.

When I had the car on stands last I noticed the drivers side axle boot was split in half and made one hell of a mess. Ordered some J30 axles from Rock Auto, they seem solid overall, but only time will tell. Also swapped some shims around in the diff, when I picked up the 4.6 R&P, it didn't come with the shims labeled. It was whining a bit so I swapped the thin shims around and hopefully the issue will be solved.