View Single Post
Old 12-23-2020, 08:26 PM   #77
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
Little bit of progress with the car recently, really want to get it done ASAP to enjoy it while the weather isn't trying to kill us out here.

My rear brake line union decided to leak after the bay was painted and made a mess of the fresh paint on the frame rail. Pretty annoyed, but it was my fault for not tightening the fitting completely. Ended up pulling the intake back off and just rattle canning it black, looks like poop, but its drift car so MEH. Also tightened up/swapped all of the hose clamps while it was off since there was a phantom coolant leak I could never track down after the first start.

18in Panasports got torn down for a refresh too. The seal job on these was horrible, I have no idea how they held air. I actually thought the lips were different because when they were assembled one was slightly wider than the other, but it turned out there was just silicon packed between the barrel and lip. When I loosened the bolts some were tight, some were not so tight and once they were all out, I could just pull the lips from the barrels.

With having access to a welder I have been trying to tackle more little things I would have previously paid someone else to do. Its not very pretty, but now I've got a bung for my wideband!

Finally got started on the passenger quarter panel hacking, slightly changed my technique from the driver side to hopefully give a better result. Excited to MIG this side instead of using the awful hazard fart welder.

Car still sits on stands while I am wrapping everything up, but it may see the pavement by the end of this coming weekend!