View Single Post
Old 12-27-2020, 08:27 PM   #79
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by relaxamigo View Post
silicone on the bolts... man you gotta be kidding me. people are such hacks! sealing and re-building three piece wheels is so simple! Glad you're cleaning those up and doing them justice.
More silicon = better, right

Spend today buttoning up bits and getting the car ready to see the pavement again. Cooling system is finally working properly, after I re-installed the intake manifold I had an air bubble trapped somewhere and I was seeing temps on the PFC jump to 90+c idling while the outlet temp sensor would hang out close to ambient. Finally got it to burp a big bubble out and after topping it up temps are hanging out at 86c idling on the PFC and outlet sensor. Got the coil pack cover mounted and am overall very happy how everything turned out.

Passenger side fender is wrapped up, was a much nicer process welding with the MIG instead of the flux core. Before you judge me, I did clean up the edge and seal the seam. While welding the front corner a spark found its way into the little bit of insulation left inside the quarter panel and I had a nice size fire inside the car. About shit myself, but got it out without issue. I need to get a new fire extinguisher to keep in the shop...

While I was recovering from the fire I installed the cowl and window trim I cleaned up. Feels nice to have it back on and not disgustingly dirty.

Finally got my hands on a catback, tried to order a Greddy RS-Race from Enjuku a month ago and they failed to notify me it was months out on backorder. Found an ISR 3in blast pipe setup locally and decided it was better than nothing. Car is dumb loud, louder than it was with half an exhaust which doesn't really make since to me. It also really needs a tune, with the different cams, Z32 maf and 740cc injectors the base PFC tune is not super happy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxA0fnq6AeI

Overall the car is looking less sad every time I have a change to work on it, going to try and set it on the ground tomorrow and maybe take it down the road to make sure everything is solid.