View Single Post
Old 01-18-2008, 06:54 AM   #138
02BRB20
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
02BRB20 is not welcome here anymore02BRB20 is not welcome here anymore02BRB20 is not welcome here anymore02BRB20 is not welcome here anymore02BRB20 is not welcome here anymore02BRB20 is not welcome here anymore02BRB20 is not welcome here anymore02BRB20 is not welcome here anymore02BRB20 is not welcome here anymore02BRB20 is not welcome here anymore02BRB20 is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by usdm180sx View Post
The automotive industry is a multi trillion dollar industry. Only the giants like Toyota, Honda and recently, Nissan have started manufacturing hybrid vehicles in steady production.
And the railroad buisness was a multi million dollar industry till the 20th century hit. No one cares about the profit you make and what your buisness is if the world is changing. If Honda's FCX clarity is a sign of things to come, then in 15 years....whewwwwwwwwwwww.

Quote:
I'm not saying that the transition won't happen but it happens to be my opinion that the other car companies won't make the transition in 15 years because the opportnity costs are too high.
Why should anyone care about small car companies that couldnt adapt to the changing times? That is their fault if they go under. Its like the guy who kept selling VHS when CD's came out, "but the oppurtunity costs to switch over were too much," well great youre out of buisness.

Quote:
The governments aren't gonna mandate alternatives because each country's economy relies so heavily on cars.
Govs rely on TRANSPORTATION for the economy, it just so happens that the medium that it occurs through are cars and roads. If there is a new, cleaner transportation then the gov wont give 2 shits about combustion. (aka extra $$$$$$$$)

Quote:
As far as combustion engines losing all value because they aren't being used, that's not gonna happen for a loooooong time. Do you think countries like China (who are all about making $$$ selling cheap imitation cars, among other products, at high volume) are gonna comply? I think not, as long as the chief execs are in good standing with the right govt officials who in turn will provide the proper loopholes so that EVERYONE gets paid. It's all about BUCKS kid. What's ideal and what is reality are 2 TOTALLY different concepts.
Well, first off, China is only like that bc of the US and other countries using China as its manufacturer bc of its weak labor laws and cheap production costs.

In the future if the market doesnt require oil then why would China keep making gas cars? No one would buy them. All it takes is that 1st company to release a new age car for it all to snowball.

I kno its a shame that CEOs and govt officials collaborate to maximize profit by creating laws and slowing down hte introduction of new technology, but revolutions arent dead.

I wrote alot but im just trying to get my point across that the second combustion engines are replaced, all gas powered cars become worthless.
02BRB20 is offline   Reply With Quote