View Single Post
Old 01-18-2008, 10:24 AM   #140
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to usdm180sx Send a message via Yahoo to usdm180sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02BRB20 View Post
I wrote alot but im just trying to get my point across that the second combustion engines are replaced, all gas powered cars become worthless.
Well, if you think that all gas powered cars become worthless you have a pretty weak point.

People still use trains.

If I were the CEO or an employee of a car company that I work for, or the president of a country where that company is based and the company is bringing in a substantial source of income for the economy I would care. Porsche is a good example. The are profitable and privately owned. However, other manufacturers (Toyota and Honda) have much larger economies of scale and the transition to alternative powered cars will be much more feasible to them.

You said :If there is a new, cleaner transportation. IF. Hybrids and electric cars have been available. I still don't see the gov't NOT giving 2 shits about combustion powered motors.

I don't disagree with your last point . Of course China will jump on the bandwagon once the technology is developed. It's all about bucks kid. They will mass produce at really low cost (and quality) and explode on the market.

Gas cars won't become worthless. There will always be nostalgic people who will pay for a car they like. Guess what? The 240sx is a car.

usdm180sx is offline   Reply With Quote