View Single Post
Old 09-10-2016, 08:23 PM   #22
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
mr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond repute
z33 transmission on sr20det - Vibration at 4000rpm

You're positive is noise of it hitting the body? I had an incident with my DP hitting my frame rail and it was diff of a noise versus my gearbox decel noise . With my sr once I put a lightened flywheel, stage 2 clutch and one piece driveshaft, I noticed I could hear more "racecar" noises from the gearbox and the diff. In gear on decel I get chattery noises from 3k down to 2.5k and I thought I did something wrong. But it's normal . I threw in a lighter flywheel and a one piece driveshaft. Remember the OE flywheel is a decent weight and the OE driveshaft is two piece. The flywheel is harder to turn when being driven by decel and the the two piece driveshaft takes gearbox noise at the split . With solid this and one piece that you're going to get more feedback that would normally not present itself . Did your clutch look chewed up when you took the trans off? Is there a lot of movement on the input shaft or tail shaft? If everything looks cherry it could be normal man. I spent a long as time googling the shit out of the internet and realized it's just normal for MY setup. The only difference is you'rs is there when in neutral? At that point it's something engine related (if your foot is on the clutch) and I've read threads about the ATI dampener causing rod bearing failure but it's hit or miss. Just my two cents

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mr.nismo. is offline   Reply With Quote