Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 09-16-2008, 09:49 AM   #1
max2damax
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
max2damax is a name known to allmax2damax is a name known to allmax2damax is a name known to allmax2damax is a name known to allmax2damax is a name known to allmax2damax is a name known to allmax2damax is a name known to allmax2damax is a name known to allmax2damax is a name known to allmax2damax is a name known to allmax2damax is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
This is rubbish

LOL, I can see all the germ freaks having a bottle of lysol in their car from now on.

Feeling car sick? Blame the bacteria - Yahoo! News

Quote:
Feeling car sick? Blame the bacteria

Mon Sep 15, 4:01 AM ET

LONDON (Reuters Life!) - If a man's home is his castle then maybe his car is his rubbish bin, with a study finding the typical car has 283 different types of bacteria present in every square centimeter (square inch).
Microbiologists from Britain's Aston University found the dirtiest part of the vehicle was the gear stick, home to 356 germs on a square centimeter, while one car boot in a random survey of 25 cars had 850 bacteria in a square centimeter.
Drivers with children and pets were found to host a greater number and range of bacteria in their cars with, in one instance, bacterial traces of excrement found in the boot of the car where the weekly food shopping was regularly placed.
"Whilst most of the bacteria we've found are unlikely to cause serious health problems, some cars, particularly those which regularly carry children and animals, play host to potentially harmful germs," said Anthony Hilton, director of Biology and Biomedical Science, at Aston University.
"People would be horrified at the thought of eating off their toilet seat, but few realize eating off their car dashboard is just as likely to make them sick," he added in a statement.
The study, conducted for insurance.co.uk, found British motorists spend more than three years of their life behind the wheel and over a quarter eat there every week.
One in four of 1,376 car owners polled said their car is littered with food wrappers and empty drink bottles, while one in six admitted to regularly leaving uneaten food in their vehicle.
Half of the drivers admitted the standard of cleanliness in their car left much to be desired and they would never let their home get into the same condition.
The study also found a strong correlation between the mileage of the car and the bacterial and fungal air quality.
The researchers said that when air and heater blowers are switched on, the number of airborne bacteria and fungi significantly increases, especially in older cars, which are less likely to have air filters.
The study and research findings were released by insurance.co.uk in a bid to encourage motorists to keep on top of car maintenance.
(Writing by Belinda Goldsmith, Editing by Miral Fahmy)

max2damax is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2008, 09:53 AM   #2
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Yeah I just actually read this.
It is very easy to believe.
Most people spend a lot of time in their cars every week.
Old 09-16-2008, 11:15 AM   #3
azndoc
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
azndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to azndoc
most people are filthy.

I'm a pretty big germ freak.

the worst for me is prolly handling shopping carts at the grocery.

I feel like dipping my hands in bleach when I'm done.

I want to wear a latex glove but I think that I would get too many looks.

So I always carry the anti-bacterial hand cleaner with me.
azndoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 11:47 AM   #4
JustShiftBoots.com
Custom and OEM shift boots!

Location: Originally started in Ayase, Japan...now in southern california
Trader Rating: (6)
JustShiftBoots.com is close to perfectionJustShiftBoots.com is close to perfectionJustShiftBoots.com is close to perfectionJustShiftBoots.com is close to perfectionJustShiftBoots.com is close to perfectionJustShiftBoots.com is close to perfectionJustShiftBoots.com is close to perfectionJustShiftBoots.com is close to perfectionJustShiftBoots.com is close to perfectionJustShiftBoots.com is close to perfectionJustShiftBoots.com is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by azndoc View Post
most people are filthy.

I'm a pretty big germ freak.

the worst for me is prolly handling shopping carts at the grocery.

I feel like dipping my hands in bleach when I'm done.

I want to wear a latex glove but I think that I would get too many looks.

So I always carry the anti-bacterial hand cleaner with me.

You know a lot of stores now have the sanitizing wipes at the front door? The pop out kind, just pull one out, wipe the cart, toss it in the trash, bam...go shopping.
Old 09-16-2008, 12:51 PM   #5
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Cleaning my car today
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote