Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 11-13-2014, 07:41 PM   #1
Matt300ZXT
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Matt300ZXT is a glorious beacon of lightMatt300ZXT is a glorious beacon of lightMatt300ZXT is a glorious beacon of lightMatt300ZXT is a glorious beacon of lightMatt300ZXT is a glorious beacon of lightMatt300ZXT is a glorious beacon of lightMatt300ZXT is a glorious beacon of lightMatt300ZXT is a glorious beacon of lightMatt300ZXT is a glorious beacon of lightMatt300ZXT is a glorious beacon of lightMatt300ZXT is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Matt300ZXT Send a message via Yahoo to Matt300ZXT
Anyone know anything about import taxes on parts from Japan?

I'm wanting to buy some Nismo injectors for my 300ZX from RHDJapan, and the price is substantially cheaper than any of the domestic parts vendors. I am curious if anyone on here has bought parts from Japan and what they might know about any import taxes or fees? If it's a small amount I don't mind, but if it's a crazy figure it'd be nice to know before I purchased them and had unexpected fees when the parts got stateside.
Matt300ZXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2014, 11:28 PM   #2
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
In the US, Customs could give a fuck about some lowly injectors. Canada can be fun however.

I have bought stuff from RHDJPN with no problems.
Old 11-16-2014, 11:51 AM   #3
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt300ZXT View Post
I'm wanting to buy some Nismo injectors for my 300ZX from RHDJapan, and the price is substantially cheaper than any of the domestic parts vendors. I am curious if anyone on here has bought parts from Japan and what they might know about any import taxes or fees? If it's a small amount I don't mind, but if it's a crazy figure it'd be nice to know before I purchased them and had unexpected fees when the parts got stateside.
Why not just go through a reputable parts broker and ask them directly?

Jesse Streeter is very transparent about how he breaks down pricing.
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 08:27 PM   #4
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
It's based on the amount of the item and the local (for you) state taxes you pay on goods.

I've bought plenty of items from overseas, and I always figure that I'm going to be paying taxes on things when I order them. If I end up paying less (because the item pricing was marked down) or nothing at all, then it's a bonus.

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote