Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 12-14-2010, 07:50 PM   #1
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Trader Rating: (0)
kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Power and government : Who owns you?

Who owns you?

This question is the basis of all political and economic theory.

Most would say "I own me" but the federal/state government would disagree.

So I pose the question to all of you.

Who owns you?
Old 12-14-2010, 07:59 PM   #2
superbike81
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
superbike81 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
You ask the question, but you don't give your own answer?

The US government currently "owns" me for another three years, because I'm in the military.

But, with that being said, I am still free to do things to improve my life, visit the places that I want to go, invest/spend my money in a way I see fit, etc, etc. So even though I'm "owned", it doesn't change anything about the way I live my life.
superbike81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 08:10 PM   #3
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
My answer is that I wish to own me but the government also stakes a claim, as they do with every thing else I wish to own.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:15 PM   #4
NINJASPY
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
NINJASPY is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Unless you have dual citizenship, and don't use American Dollars, AMERICA OWNS YOU
NINJASPY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 08:20 PM   #5
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

How about a secondary question:

Are you allowed to commit suicide? Why or why not?
Old 12-14-2010, 08:27 PM   #6
superbike81
Zilvia Junkie

edit: I have a feeling this is a loaded question and you are going to come out of left field with something dumb, but I'll play along.

Irrelevant question, because suicide is an irrational action.

But, if you would like to commit suicide, sure, you can do it if you want, there might be repercussions as far as any kind of life insurance policies. Just climb up on your roof, and jump head first, you are free to do that if you want to.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:30 PM   #7
NismoDriverS13
Zilvia Junkie

NismoDriverS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
in my eyes, we are cattle and the government is our sheppard. they milk us for every penny we got! taxes, tickets, rules, laws, pay here pay there., do this do that....

i call bs on goverment and do not trust these assholes.

goverment is corruption!
NismoDriverS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 08:46 PM   #8
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Suicide is illegal. This means you have no ownership of yourself. Your owner is telling you you can't do that and if you try there will be punishment.

If you truly owned yourself in the eyes of the government you would be able to do what you wish with your body.

Personally it is my intent to give no ownership of the self to anyone.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:02 PM   #9
superbike81
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
Good luck with that, you might want to go colonize your own planet if that is your intent, because it's not going to happen any other way.

If someone is selfish enough to commit suicide, they won't be worried about the legal ramifications held against their corpse or property.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:08 PM   #10
superbike81
Zilvia Junkie

A single person is smart enough to run their own lives. If you take away the government and let "people" run their own lives, it will be absolute anarchy. A person is smart, PEOPLE are fucking stupid.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:44 PM   #11
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

If that's how you feel just stay active duty. They will be happy to run your life for you.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:49 PM   #12
superbike81
Zilvia Junkie

Haha, no, I'm about the most anti-military person in the military, I don't believe in what we are fighting for (but that's a different subject altogether). Three years left, and I'm out, onto MUCH bigger and better things.

I do believe that the government serves a good purpose, because without government, we lose all of our government agencies. Government pays the police and fire department, so who pays them with no government? They become private companies, and then what happens if you need help, but don't have the money up front? That's just one example.

People in general are too selfish and too stupid to run the world on their own, we need government to guide us in the right direction. If you don't feel it's the right direction, I suggest you move somewhere that is going the direction you would like.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:59 PM   #13
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
free or just privileged?
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 10:02 PM   #14
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

I am comfortable with government and I never said otherwise but people can, have, and will do just fine without it.
Old 12-14-2010, 11:09 PM   #15
superbike81
Zilvia Junkie

I guess we disagree then.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:52 AM   #16
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
What a bizarre question, and one that leads to painting complex issues into black and white simplification.

What do you consider "ownership"? Why do you think that the government "owns" part of you?

Your question, by it's nature, paints the government as some sort of eternal, unchanging power, a god-like being in some primitive religion. However, government is a creation of society. We all choose to live within society, and the society we have chosen to stay in has developed government as a tool to accomplish certain things. If you don't want government intervention, then leave the society that created it. Choose another society with a different government, or wander the wilderness free from the constraints of society and government (but also lacking the benefits that come from society and government).

We may find certain laws and regulations to be stupid or oppressive, but we must remember that because we are a member of our society, our actions effect those around us, both directly and indirectly. Government was created as a tool to preserve order and prevent those who would try from infringing on the rights of others.

Quote:
Suicide is illegal. This means you have no ownership of yourself. Your owner is telling you you can't do that and if you try there will be punishment.

If you truly owned yourself in the eyes of the government you would be able to do what you wish with your body.

Are you sure about that? I can't find any sources that indicate that suicide is illegal in the US.
Old 12-31-2010, 09:26 AM   #17
fender-startocaster
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
fender-startocaster is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
The fact that were having this discussion shows you how currupt the government is. Government was created for the people, by the people. Sooo... in other words. The people run the government. Thats why we have representatives to represent us. So in the perfect world we own the the government. I could be wrong but thats how i look at it.
fender-startocaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 12:46 PM   #18
rc1honda
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
rc1honda is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
The government doesn't own me. The Federal Reserve does. The people in power at the FED own all of us. If you work and pay takes they can buy and sell any one of us.

The US is no longer a country, we are a corporation. I know they don't necessarily own my mind. But when it comes to monetary decisions, such as car, house, school, and retirement they own all of us.

The fed has more power then any single government entity. They effect our intrest rates and have a effect on every dollar we and the government spends.

Our very way of life is totally dependent upon the Fed and the 13 people who run it. It's not the government that owns anyone. Its the Fed
rc1honda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 01:34 PM   #19
20 til 3
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
20 til 3 is making his/her stupidity well-known20 til 3 is making his/her stupidity well-known20 til 3 is making his/her stupidity well-known20 til 3 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
The government owns everybody

but, some people try to tread against the govnt. and say that they are not. But in the end they will always catch up to you and make your life hell. Like was said before, if you are smart enough... you can do exactly what you're suppose to on paper... but yet be able to be yourself and do what you want.

but, that takes patience and time. Its all about money, sadly there is no way around it
20 til 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 02:28 PM   #20
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
this thread reminds me of a great John Carpenter movie.

Old 01-04-2011, 03:48 PM   #21
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Suicide is illegal.
If you succeed, are they going to arrest your dead corpse? lol.

Uncle Sam owns your income no matter where in the world you live.
All U.S. citizens, including those who do not live in the United States, are subject to U.S. income tax on their worldwide income.
Anyways, axiomatik posted the most intelligent comment in this thread.
Old 01-06-2011, 05:10 AM   #22
[email protected]
Advertiser

Trader Rating: (87)
Mogli@9KRacing.com is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 87 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Mogli@9KRacing.com
If you can't beat them, join them.

Just be aware of your surroundings, have you ever wondered why so much money is put into defense budget / wars for the USA?
Mogli@9KRacing.com is offline   Reply With Quote