Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 11-30-2009, 04:35 PM   #1
Shypo

Trader Rating: (0)
Shypo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
VS-KF Flippable?

I have a pair of VS-KF in 17x10.5 but the offset is pretty weak (around +35 iirc) and Instead of running gigantic spacers or saving them as drift wheels, I was wondering if anyone has tried to flip VS-KF wheels with any luck?

Obviously the offset will go crazy negative and I'll have some massive lips if it works, just wanted to see if anyone had experience as I don't fancy undoing all those bolts to find out shit aint going to work.
Shypo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2009, 05:17 PM   #2
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
Depending on your car setup (stock body/overfenders, camber, ride height, etc), you really wouldn't need a terrible large spacer for those rims. If my math is right (it probably isn't lol), a 10.5" +35 is about the same as a 9" +17, which is close-ish to being flush (on a stock body S13, anyway).

None of that was relevant to your question, but, eh.

Good luck.
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
soreballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 06:24 PM   #3
kris
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
kris is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
In short it should work as the KF is a true 3 piece wheel. The face should unbolt no problem however the barrels do not come apart as Work tack welds them together in the manufacturing process then seals it with a bead of silicone.

However, when you say "flip" you mean make the outer side of the wheel become the inner and vice-versa? If your KF's are like mine it will look horrible. My Inner is not the polished yumminess that the outside is. Mine are just a painted gray finish on the inside with a stepped lip. Perhaps yours are different but doubtful. Then again they do have different disks for the face so perhaps the disk also changes the barrel used plus the fact yours are the "old" ones cause they don't make 17's anymore

I hope this was helpful if you try it, post up I would like to see what it looks like and good luck
kris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:36 PM   #4
Shypo

Quote:
Originally Posted by soreballz View Post
Depending on your car setup (stock body/overfenders, camber, ride height, etc), you really wouldn't need a terrible large spacer for those rims. If my math is right (it probably isn't lol), a 10.5" +35 is about the same as a 9" +17, which is close-ish to being flush (on a stock body S13, anyway).

None of that was relevant to your question, but, eh.

Good luck.
I have an S14 with 30mm overs bowed to 40mm, I'd need a f**king massive spacer lol. Like somewhere in the region of 50-55mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris View Post
In short it should work as the KF is a true 3 piece wheel. The face should unbolt no problem however the barrels do not come apart as Work tack welds them together in the manufacturing process then seals it with a bead of silicone.

However, when you say "flip" you mean make the outer side of the wheel become the inner and vice-versa? If your KF's are like mine it will look horrible. My Inner is not the polished yumminess that the outside is. Mine are just a painted gray finish on the inside with a stepped lip. Perhaps yours are different but doubtful. Then again they do have different disks for the face so perhaps the disk also changes the barrel used plus the fact yours are the "old" ones cause they don't make 17's anymore

I hope this was helpful if you try it, post up I would like to see what it looks like and good luck
That's exactly what I needed to know, thank you. I had a feeling the bead was tack welded undernetah all the silicon shit on there.
Mine also have that stepped lip but I was going to paint the wheels all one colour or leave the spokes polished whilst the dish was painted so it wouldn't be obvious that they've been flipped.

If I find some spare time I'll do it, otherwise, In the shed they go until I have something they fit LOL
Old 12-01-2009, 01:06 AM   #5
articdragon192
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
articdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to articdragon192
Valve stem would be in the wrong position. It'll work and all, it'll just be pointed inwards and would look odd if you flippedit outwards

Need help?
Click here
Still stumped?
Try this
Can't find what you're looking for?
Here you go.
articdragon192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 01:12 AM   #6
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
People do it with old school small diameter wheels, and while it can look good, they are usually going for a different look. VS-KF's are big and classy, and even if it turns out to be possible to do, it would be goofy. Just sell them to an S2K owner for example, and buy better-sized wheels.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 01:48 AM   #7
anton1o
Zilvia Junkie

anton1o is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to anton1o
What numbers do you get when flipping center's for arguments sake lets say you have +20 does it just inverse and become -20 ?
anton1o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 02:54 AM   #8
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
no it would not become -20, it will ultimately depend on the width of the wheel.
Mister.E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 08:14 AM   #9
ZilviaKid
Zilvia FREAK!

ZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the rough
if theyre like my old vsxx then you cant flip them.

the lip is stepped so you cant fit the face through there.
Old 12-01-2009, 05:25 PM   #10
Shypo

Thanks for all the comments guys.

Zilviakid: I think you're 100% correct, I don't think I'd even be able to fit the faces past the steps in the lip.. Guess I'll sell these stupid things
Old 12-01-2009, 06:07 PM   #11
Tearlessj
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
Tearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I've thought about doing this to my Equips, then realized it was a bad idea.
Anyone know the formula for calculating the sizes after flipping?

Old 12-01-2009, 06:58 PM   #12
silviaguy240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
silviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
negative of the original offset - width of the face - a few mm for the mounting area thickness.

so say equip face is 60mm deep and mounting area is 10mm wide. 10 +20 would turn into a 10 -90