Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-20-2014, 03:55 PM   #1
blackbeezy

Trader Rating: (0)
blackbeezy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
rhd or lhd? importing a 180sx type x or building one yourself?

just wanted to know your opinions guys!

friend of mine is considering bringing in a 180sx type x from japan because it will have everything a horny jdm kid will ever dream of 180sx seats, the type x bumper lights skirts and rear valence, kouki tails, sr20det, and he can add the coils and wheels and whatever fixins later!

the problem is.. it will be RHD

driving a rhd car myself, cops dont necessarily like it although it does merit a lot of attention good or bad, its nothing you can't get used to.. besides mcdonalds drivethru problems... but its not a big deal.

option 2: build one from a stock 240sx which is available and just requires more time hunting parts down but eventually u get the same result might cost more time and money but maybe you get more value out of it. plus u get to be normal when ur driving on this side of the world instead of rhd sacrifices.

what do you guys think?
built not bought? or fuck it i want oem jdm goodness drool*

we started thinking about this because unlike the skyline which is always RHD from factory... the 240sx does have an option to be LHD and in the end might be more worth while if its something u dont have to put up with but RHD does have its perks i mean getting road head on the other side is cool too jokes

what do you guys think! leave a comment below
blackbeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2014, 04:22 PM   #2
RGeris

RGeris is an unknown quantity at this point
Option 2..

What he could do though is het a lhd shell and a rhd 180sx and then simply swap over all the parts.
RGeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 04:23 PM   #3
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Not worth importing a car if it is less than twenty-five years old. Unless you only plan to drive it on a track.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 05:15 PM   #4
blackbeezy

oh i forgot to mention he lives in canada so its around $6500 to bring in a 180sx type x with all the goodies in it. and potentially yes he could swap it all to a lhd shell

they only have a 15 year rule there for importing so he can get the 97 black top sr20det if he likes for $6500 landed
Old 04-20-2014, 05:18 PM   #5
silviasandbeer
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
silviasandbeer is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Id go with option 1
canada has the 15 year rule, take advantage of that

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
I'm not kingtalon crazy, but I have standards
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
What age is appropriate to give your kids the sex talk? Is 3 too soon?
silviasandbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 06:32 PM   #6
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
If Canada, get the 180sx. 1997 180sx, just make sure its rust free. You're already off to a good start since its pretty much the newest S13 you can get anywhere in the world. Figured Ks go for about $2-3k in Japan so $6500 isnt obscene.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 06:41 PM   #7
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Um, I would go with just importing one and be done with it. You get used to driving a right hand drive car rather quickly. All of the main parts will already be installed from Japan, so he won't really have to hunt down random items.

It would be less of a headache overall... His only issue would be which importer to use, but I'm guessing that he's in BC, so that shouldn't be too hard.
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 06:48 PM   #8
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
But honestly, since you guys can get cars as early 1999, why not just get a damn S15? If I was in that situation, I'd even say fuck S-chassis. I'd either go four door R34 GTT or a JZX100 Mark II.

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 04-20-2014, 06:58 PM   #9
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
But honestly, since you guys can get cars as early 1999, why not just get a damn S15? If I was in that situation, I'd even say fuck S-chassis. I'd either go four door R34 GTT or a JZX100 Mark II.
Most of the kool kids are...
Old 04-20-2014, 07:04 PM   #10
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
Most of the kool kids are...
Thats why I want a MARK II JZX100. I think I saw less Mark IIs than Chasers and Crestas. Plus the Mark II looks better compared to both. I'm a sucker for the MARK II taillights.

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 04-20-2014, 07:07 PM   #11
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Quote:
Thats why I want a MARK II JZX100. I think I saw less Mark IIs than Chasers and Crestas. Plus the Mark II looks better compared to both. I'm a sucker for the MARK II taillights.
Chasers or death! Seriously though I don't know of many running around my city. I know there's a bunch of JZX's in the prairies and the west coast.
Old 04-21-2014, 02:23 PM   #12
blackbeezy

thats exactly my point!!!!

because since you're already bringing one in anyways my homie brought in a jzx100 mark ii for around 10k landed. itll be an extra 4k and he can be king of the streets!!! thanks for the input dudes. maybe ill let him know he can do that instead and if he really wants a 180 he can clone one and have a 240sx and build it slowly with all the parts for fun.. just like treasure hunt LOL
Old 04-21-2014, 04:03 PM   #13
dluevanos01
Zilvia FREAK!

dluevanos01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
Um, I would go with just importing one and be done with it. You get used to driving a right hand drive car rather quickly. All of the main parts will already be installed from Japan, so he won't really have to hunt down random items.

It would be less of a headache overall... His only issue would be which importer to use, but I'm guessing that he's in BC, so that shouldn't be too hard.
I would say this just because a 240sx for simplicity. The 180sx has all the clips and stuff for all the aero (sideskirts mainly, no need to srill out the hatch and have it leak, quarter windows are a hassle. And ultimately it might be a little more expensive but he has everything on it with no mickey mouse things (assuming he finds a clean one).

Quote:
For them since it's just 15 yrs, it ould just be preference. But a 4 door r34 would be nice.
Old 04-27-2014, 03:17 AM   #14
Zero-Offset
Zilvia Junkie

Zero-Offset is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
someone said mark ii??!

friend imported one last year. believe the hype. theyre sweet, and the 1J sound is amazing. surprisingly they dont feel as big as they look when you drive it.
Old 04-27-2014, 06:17 AM   #15
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

The few big bodied RWD cars I've driven in Japan felt like driving a heavier S14, they're all smooth. Not twitchy like the S13.

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 04-27-2014, 06:31 AM   #16
keiofficeee
Leaky Injector

keiofficeee is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero-Offset View Post
someone said mark ii??!

friend imported one last year. believe the hype. theyre sweet, and the 1J sound is amazing. surprisingly they dont feel as big as they look when you drive it.
feel sorry for you guys in the states we rocking 1jz and 2jz all day everyday here rb26s also, here's mine

with regards to OP's question, i suggest building it
keiofficeee is offline   Reply With Quote