Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-20-2005, 09:17 AM   #1
Rkesh88
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Rkesh88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Half Clear taillight

does any one know where i can get the half clear tail lights for a hatchback 240 1990?
Rkesh88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2005, 09:28 AM   #2
rokmplutonium
Zilvia Junkie

rokmplutonium is a jewel in the roughrokmplutonium is a jewel in the roughrokmplutonium is a jewel in the roughrokmplutonium is a jewel in the roughrokmplutonium is a jewel in the roughrokmplutonium is a jewel in the roughrokmplutonium is a jewel in the roughrokmplutonium is a jewel in the rough
http://www.clearcorners.com/products...40sx1/R_cpsig/

"In order to purchase these lights, you have to send in your stock tail lights for modification"

Dunno if you'd want to wait
rokmplutonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 09:30 AM   #3
rokmplutonium
Zilvia Junkie

rokmplutonium is a jewel in the roughrokmplutonium is a jewel in the roughrokmplutonium is a jewel in the roughrokmplutonium is a jewel in the roughrokmplutonium is a jewel in the roughrokmplutonium is a jewel in the roughrokmplutonium is a jewel in the roughrokmplutonium is a jewel in the rough
Oh btw its $375 for the pair
rokmplutonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 10:43 AM   #4
MakotoS13
BANNED

MakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Send a message via AIM to MakotoS13
i'd black out the stockers before doin the half clear thing.
MakotoS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 11:13 AM   #5
Wei240
Nissanaholic!

Wei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really nice
i'd do half clear thing then blackout the entire thing, haha,

but you can make it yourself (the half clear thing) for a fraction of what clearcorner charges... people have done it...
Wei240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 11:16 AM   #6
mad s13
Zilvia Member

mad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to all
or you can get them off of ebay for like 150-200
Old 07-20-2005, 11:17 AM   #7
Rkesh88
Zilvia Junkie

how would u do that though
Old 07-20-2005, 11:20 AM   #8
MakotoS13
BANNED

MakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Send a message via AIM to MakotoS13
first you need a subscription to ricer's monthly. they go over all that stuff a lot.
MakotoS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 11:21 AM   #9
naed240sx
Zilvia Member

naed240sx is a jewel in the roughnaed240sx is a jewel in the roughnaed240sx is a jewel in the roughnaed240sx is a jewel in the roughnaed240sx is a jewel in the roughnaed240sx is a jewel in the roughnaed240sx is a jewel in the rough
bleh... makes it look like an integra
naed240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 11:26 AM   #10
Rkesh88
Zilvia Junkie

so then what shud i do with my tail lights, id rather not get the rice lights that are altezzas that they make for it?
Old 07-20-2005, 11:35 AM   #11
pignosecoupe
Leaky Injector

pignosecoupe has a little shameless behavior in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkesh88
so then what shud i do with my tail lights,
Nothing. I think that the coupe tails are hot. I thought about getting the clearcorners lights, but there is nothing wrong with my stock coupe lights. At most, I may smoke them, But that will only happen after paint.

Before you do anything to your car, keep in mind, that just because you can, doesn't mean that you should.

-
pignosecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 11:36 AM   #12
Rkesh88
Zilvia Junkie

ok my car isnt the coupe its the hatchback
Old 07-20-2005, 11:37 AM   #13
Rkesh88
Zilvia Junkie

it is the 90 240 with the full tail lights, not the one with the lights on each corner
Old 07-20-2005, 12:00 PM   #14
Wei240
Nissanaholic!

Wei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really nice
either break (or bake your housing to pry off) your yellow turn lights (part of the tail lights) and replace with clear colored plastic/plexiglass...
Old 07-20-2005, 12:07 PM   #15
Rkesh88
Zilvia Junkie

ok and is there an official procedure to that that some one has posted?
Old 07-20-2005, 12:11 PM   #16
TheTimanator
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
TheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
so then what shud i do with my tail lights, id rather not get the rice lights that are altezzas that they make for it?
get ones from clearcorners.com
get kouki tails
"smoke" them
go all red
"altezza" lights
keep them stock

personally I'd get the clearcorners tails which are $300 for the hatch...not $375 (for coupe) like stated above

and all the DIY ones I have seen leak
Old 07-20-2005, 12:21 PM   #17
Wei240
Nissanaholic!

there are no official procedures, you either pay up and buy clearcorners (i don't even think you can just buy something from ebay, because those altez' are for 180sx types..?) or just fab it yo self,

if you do a good enough job, it won't leak, it's not like mike at clear corners runs a factory, it's all manual hard labor, so if you half ass it, it'll come out half assed, if you break one while making one, go to a junkyard and pick up another set for cheap...

summary = either buy it or make it yourself, and no step by step instructions specific to your request on how to do it as far as i know...
Old 07-20-2005, 01:04 PM   #18
chlatboy
Zilvia FREAK!

chlatboy will become famous soon enoughchlatboy will become famous soon enoughchlatboy will become famous soon enoughchlatboy will become famous soon enough
Clear corners is very expensive, but for what you get, it is worth it. But hey, 240 owners are cheap!

chlatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 03:24 PM   #19
clean
Zilvia Junkie

clean is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to clean
Quote:
it is the 90 240 with the full tail lights, not the one with the lights on each corner

what other mods do you have? im just curious, because i doubt you have anything seriously done to your car. just leave them be, $300 can be better spent on go parts instead of something that needs not changing. why don't you just paint the bottom section the same as your car and modify the top brake lights as a turn signal also so it is on lone taillight. that would look better. just my opinion
clean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 03:37 PM   #20
Drunk Bastard
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
Drunk Bastard is just really niceDrunk Bastard is just really niceDrunk Bastard is just really niceDrunk Bastard is just really niceDrunk Bastard is just really niceDrunk Bastard is just really niceDrunk Bastard is just really niceDrunk Bastard is just really niceDrunk Bastard is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Drunk Bastard
Rkesh88, get whatever you feel looks best to you. Some people like stock, some people like Clear Corners, some people like Altezza style lights. Me personally, I like these tail lights.

At Formula D Sonoma this year I saw a JDM (RHD) S13 Coupe with those tails on it, and they look GREAT in person.

Here's a link for ya:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=7987288568

And also, and more importantly...it's YOUR car...NOT anybody on this forum's...so get what YOU think looks the best, NOT what everyone else tells you to get.
Drunk Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 03:41 PM   #21
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
^^Those won't work for him Joe.

Quote:
ok my car isnt the coupe its the hatchback
But I agree, the G-Corporation lights for the coupe are VERY SEXY. I prefer the smoked models myself.
Old 07-20-2005, 03:42 PM   #22
SilviaDriver
Post Whore!

SilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to SilviaDriver
why is everybody posting pics of couple taillights?

he owns a FASTBACK!!!!
SilviaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 03:51 PM   #23
Wei240
Nissanaholic!

i think we're just agreeing on how hot those g-corp coupe tail lights are...
Old 07-20-2005, 04:12 PM   #24
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Zilvia, where 240 owners who can't read unite. For the hatch I think the cc.com or the Kouki lights are the only real option, the blacking out or painting over the turn portion looks weird unless you could actually mold the lights into two pieces.

But for the record, the G-Grow coupe lights are absolute sex, my business partner lucked out on a set cheap and the car isn't even running yet but we made the effort to turn it around in the garage so the back end faces out. If they ever did an S14 set my ActiveK's would be for sale faster than a whore gives a blow.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 04:12 PM   #25
ZK
Zilvia FREAK!

ZK is making a name for him/her selfZK is making a name for him/her selfZK is making a name for him/her self
If you are looking for 1/2 clear 1/2 red for a HATCHBACK... I don't think it would look very good. And they'd have to be custom made because no one makes them.
ZK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 04:18 PM   #26
Var
Post Whore!

Var is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Var
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZK
If you are looking for 1/2 clear 1/2 red for a HATCHBACK... I don't think it would look very good. And they'd have to be custom made because no one makes them.

READ ABOVE POSTS>

http://www.clearcorners.com/products...40sx1/R_hbsig/
Old 07-20-2005, 04:42 PM   #27
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
^Good example Var.

Shame old_s13 couldn't keep himself on Zilvia to advertise for himself.
Old 07-20-2005, 05:34 PM   #28
SilviaDriver
Post Whore!

SilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to SilviaDriver
Quote:
Originally Posted by R240NA
But for the record, the G-Grow coupe lights are absolute sex, my business partner lucked out on a set cheap and the car isn't even running yet but we made the effort to turn it around in the garage so the back end faces out. If they ever did an S14 set my ActiveK's would be for sale faster than a whore gives a blow.
those Active K's are sex
SilviaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 09:08 AM   #29
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
You could do this . . .
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 09:15 AM   #30
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
^ That's what I meant by molding them in, very trick looking.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote