Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-11-2014, 02:44 AM   #1
Spectre420

Trader Rating: (0)
Spectre420 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What cars for check junkyard for electric fan thermal switch and high flow fuel pump?

So I'm heading to the junkyard soon to get some parts for my s13.
While I'm there, I would like to find a thermal switch that goes in the radiator hose for electric fans. I have heard 170s is the temp you want. Is this correct? If so, what cars could I pull this switch off of?
Also I know some Turbo cars and ones with larger motors have high flow fuel pumps. I come from the dsm game and we would take old supra pumps (255lph) from junkyards for cheap n use them and they were factory quiet. Will this work/fit the s13? If so, any cars I should look out for other than supras? I can't find a supra right now.
Spectre420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2014, 08:29 AM   #2
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Thermostatic Switch, dont waste your time on a used OEM piece, these are cheap; also all the other cooling stuff:

http://www.enjukuracing.com/categori...ing-radiators/

If you want E-fans, Flexalite,mishi, isis or junk yard altima or taurus. Look up the years.

You can, some say should, keep the clutch fan and/or upgrade to the GKTech one and be more than fine.

Fuel Pump, they're cheap and brand new. Isis is new, but Walbro is classic and what 99% of S-Chassis are running:

http://www.enjukuracing.com/categori...fuel-delivery/
Old 12-11-2014, 10:01 AM   #3
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
170 for a thermoswitch is low.

i would imagine you want to find a thermoswitch that will turn on between 190-200.

thermoswitches wont be found on cars with clutch fans. the only reason the 240 has one is because of the AC condenser fan, thats what controls it.. at least thats how it is on the SOHC. It may have changed on the DOHC, I dont recall. The temp rating of that switch was on the high side though.

many of the newer cars control the electric fans through the ECU 3-wire temp sensor. it would be nice if we had a list of available thermoswitches and their activation temp.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 10:19 AM   #4
RBRUCE762

Trader Rating: (1)
RBRUCE762 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Circuit sports fan controller works pretty good. You can set it wherever you want, been working great for me. Just my .02, and it's not very expensive either. Plus you actually have a built in gauge with it. ( in Celsius though )
RBRUCE762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 12:21 PM   #5
foreverdeath
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
foreverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Hondas fan switchs...
foreverdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 02:13 AM   #6
saiwolade

saiwolade is an unknown quantity at this point
Just my .02, and it's not very expensive either. Plus you actually have a built in gauge with it.
saiwolade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 02:42 AM   #7
Lompang
Leaky Injector

Lompang is an unknown quantity at this point
Just used a 40 dollar fan controller from derale comes with adjustable temp for turn on and easy install kit with wires and temp probe runs my dual fans strong.
Lompang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 06:13 AM   #8
baube
Leaky Injector

baube is an unknown quantity at this point
bmw dual temp sensor + volvo controller and altima/taurus fans

google it, you should find all the info
baube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 09:15 AM   #9
blo0d
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
blo0d is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
My experience...

1) Probes that stick into hoses... Hell to get it not to leak
2) Probes that stick into the radiator fin... if the probe ever gets undone/becomes loose, you could lose the motor
3) 1/8NPT Setrab thermal switch, plus, the correct hose adapters, plus ANY unused cooling hose nipple... problem solved...

nb. all solutions assume you already know how to relay up and wire in e-fans correctly
blo0d is offline   Reply With Quote