Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-26-2005, 06:23 PM   #1
180SXtc
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
180SXtc is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 180SXtc
SR Opinion Thread.... Have 4grand need some guidance..

I know these threads show up about once a week on here however I would just like all of your opinions about what I should do.. I have about 4grand to spend My question is do you thnk I should go and finish the exterior... or sink it into performance.. The way the car sits now I have graced pretty much every aspect. I have for perf. HKS downpipe, Power Industries Test pipe, Apexi N1 cat back, Sr20detperf Hot pipe, Greddy type-rs bov, Blitz LM FMIC or you could just read my sig. Suspension I have Eibach Tokico I know real fancy there. Braking is stock and Im on 4 lugs . My question is should I upgrade to z32 brakes 5lug spindles and Blitz techno speed z1 18x10 and 18x8.5 with 20 mm widebody up front and 35mm in the rear I would stick with my BOMEX aero kit with the exception of maybe the DRFT front. Or should I jump into some more ponies... Such as Greddy MANI BLITZ sbc-id, t-28, Koyo Rad and so on and so forth... I know this sounds like a newbie question well fuck i guess it is... Im no newbie just dont know which way i would go Let me know or i will chose on my own....

Tony
HKS Downpipe
Blitz LM FMIC
Sr20detperf Hot Pipe
HKS SSQ
Apex-i Intake
Rays 77w 17x8
Eibach sportline
Tokico Illumina
180SXtc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2005, 06:29 PM   #2
OptionZero
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
buy about $400 worth of seat time at a track or auto X and you'll know what to do with the other $3600.
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 06:31 PM   #3
OptionZero
Post Whore!

OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
and read this:

http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.p...657#post708657
Old 04-26-2005, 06:33 PM   #4
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
A Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to A Spec Products
better brakes, pads/rotors/lines
5 lug
wider wheels
good tires

and yes, ^ track time and tires...you bought a SR20DET, use it and abuse it.

or leave it as it is and learn the car.

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
AME Wheels, Advan, ARC, Gram Lights, Nardi, Personal, Recaro, Works Bell, Work Wheels, Volk Racing, 5Zigen, & more!
626.618.1100 x 103 / aim: aspectuan
Advertiser's Specials! Read / Give Feedback! Please Rate Us!
A Spec Products is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 06:51 PM   #5
KiDyNomiTe
Post Whore!

KiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to KiDyNomiTe
Take off Bomex, sell it, then buy DRFT kit, version select, or Origin.

Sell shocks and springs and buy some coilovers. What kind depends on what you want to do. But coilovers are almost a must (even ground controls) if you want to rock some $2000 wheels.

Then 5 lug, 18x9 18x10 Blitz wheels (if you want the Z2s I suggest looking at work KFs, might be easier to get not sure if its cheaper or not), research offsets especially if you want widebody. Better be in the single digits or lower.

Then buy a t28, and radiator, that should take up your 4 gs.

Of course all this depends on the purpose of your car.
Old 04-26-2005, 06:54 PM   #6
2JZGTE
Zilvia Junkie

2JZGTE has a reputation beyond repute2JZGTE has a reputation beyond repute2JZGTE has a reputation beyond repute2JZGTE has a reputation beyond repute2JZGTE has a reputation beyond repute2JZGTE has a reputation beyond repute2JZGTE has a reputation beyond repute2JZGTE has a reputation beyond repute2JZGTE has a reputation beyond repute2JZGTE has a reputation beyond repute2JZGTE has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to 2JZGTE Send a message via MSN to 2JZGTE
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptionZero
buy about $400 worth of seat time at a track or auto X and you'll know what to do with the other $3600.
Great advice!

R35 GT-R, R32 GT-R, Supra, S13, S14, FD3S
2JZGTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 07:06 PM   #7
HaLo
from Canada, eh!

HaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfection
Send a message via ICQ to HaLo Send a message via AIM to HaLo Send a message via MSN to HaLo
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptionZero
Could not have said it better...
SOLD: 01 GPW Honda S2000
PARTED: 93 Pearl White 240SX LE Fastback w/SR20DET
SOLD: 93 Super White 240SX SE Convertible w/Silvia Front
HaLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 07:36 PM   #8
420sx
Post Whore!

420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future
4 grand can get you lots of hoes, tities in the tity bar and lots of liquor.
Old 04-26-2005, 07:55 PM   #9
OptionZero
Post Whore!

4000 $1 hookers or 1 $4000 hooker?
Old 04-26-2005, 08:15 PM   #10
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Well back to the question of whats your plan for this car. If your seriously gonna make it into a track slut, then suspension all the way. I was in the same dilemma...since im more into dragging than anything, i decided to drop the money for more power. GT2871R turbo, manifold, 740cc injectors, Enthalphy rom tune, hks step 2 274 cams and full port and polish head/valve job. If i have extra money, ill go buy me some AGX since my tokicos are done. Hey everybody got their own opinion and i know alot of people wouldnt agree but hey...ITS YOUR CAR!!!

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 08:24 PM   #11
OptionZero
Post Whore!

I'm going to go out on a limb and say after spending $400 on track time he's going to agree with me.
Old 04-26-2005, 08:26 PM   #12
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Like i said Ed...depends on what he wants to do. Ive done track, drift, togue and drag...im into drag more than anything so High HP for me.

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 04-26-2005, 08:42 PM   #13
turbozxi
Zilvia Member

turbozxi is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx
Well back to the question of whats your plan for this car. If your seriously gonna make it into a track slut, then suspension all the way. I was in the same dilemma...since im more into dragging than anything, i decided to drop the money for more power. GT2871R turbo, manifold, 740cc injectors, Enthalphy rom tune, hks step 2 274 cams and full port and polish head/valve job. If i have extra money, ill go buy me some AGX since my tokicos are done. Hey everybody got their own opinion and i know alot of people wouldnt agree but hey...ITS YOUR CAR!!!
Cool thats about what I plan to do. Whether draggin or not just putting your foot down and been thrown back in your seat appeals to me. But don't forget decent brake pads and fluid at least.
turbozxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 09:30 PM   #14
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Actually, id drop some of that money on 5 lugs and Z brakes to be done with that. Whats the point of going fast when you cant stop?

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 04-26-2005, 10:31 PM   #15
infinitexsound
Post Whore!

infinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond repute
5 lug and z brakes.....Coil-overs....... save the money.. ... track and see where else u need it...
Old 04-26-2005, 10:32 PM   #16
CKAMC
Post Whore!

CKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfection
my recommendation... have your car inspected and if one little wire or glitch fixed because these 240's are OLD and to have something go wrong and not be able to figure it out for a while is a big biatch... after that go sit track side at an autox event or become a passanger at a drift event and after that ask a lot of questions to the drivers sbout what they have if u like how they run and stuff to help you figure out what you want done first
Old 04-27-2005, 08:23 AM   #17
llteddy4playll
Zilvia Member

llteddy4playll is making his/her stupidity well-knownllteddy4playll is making his/her stupidity well-knownllteddy4playll is making his/her stupidity well-knownllteddy4playll is making his/her stupidity well-knownllteddy4playll is making his/her stupidity well-known
I would get coilovers, 300zx brakes and wheels. You should have like $500 left just incase your car breaks down.
llteddy4playll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 05:24 PM   #18
MikeFD3S
Zilvia Member

MikeFD3S is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to MikeFD3S
I recommend buying a daily driver. If your only car is your 240 and you are building it to drive the piss out of it, you need a daily driver. you will either break or crash some time and you dont want to be out of a car.
'90 240SX Hatch

'89 240SX Coupe [dead]
'91 Geo Storm [dead]
'86 FC3S GXL [gone]
MikeFD3S is offline   Reply With Quote