Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 11-25-2009, 08:06 AM   #1
g6civcx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
g6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Lower harness mystery plug

I have a question about the reverse light wiring used in this writeup: http://www.ka24development.com/cwilf...lectrical.html

In this picture, he used a gray male 8-pin gray connector.

Looking at the pins as seen from the pic:

Yellow-Red-Orange-Black
Not used-White-Green-Blue

Anybody know what this is originally from?

The pigtail was cut. I'm just curious what it was originally for.

It's seen plugged into the "E13" connector on the auto car in the picture, but the "E13" has different colours on the body harness side.

I'm wonder where he got that plug from.

Last edited by g6civcx; 11-25-2009 at 08:47 AM..
g6civcx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2009, 11:06 AM   #2
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
The colors from the chassis side to the transmission side do not match. So, don't bother with trying to figure it by color.

The automatic transmission has a total of four plugs, one is a 3pin for the revolution sensor, one large 2pin for the starter inhibit, and then the two 6 or 8pin plugs, one gray, one red, that provide signal and comm.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 12:27 PM   #3
g6civcx
Post Whore!

g6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectRDM View Post
The colors from the chassis side to the transmission side do not match. So, don't bother with trying to figure it by color.
Are you saying that the E13 harness colours do not match on the inhibitor switch side?

Quote:
The automatic transmission has a total of four plugs
That's not what I'm asking.

Quote:
one is a 3pin for the revolution sensor
E15. Gray plug. White, black, and shielded wire.

Quote:
one large 2pin for the starter inhibit
E12. Black/white and black/red on this car for the theft warning relay.

Quote:
the two 6 or 8pin plugs, one gray, one red, that provide signal and comm.
For this car, the brown E14 has 7 wires:

top row
orange - line pressure solenoid valve
pink - overrun clutch solenoid
blue/red - shift solenoid valve a
blue/yellow - shift solenoid valve b
bottomw row
not used
black, white/red - atf fluid temp sensor
gray/red - torque converter clutch solenoid valve

The gray E13 has 7 wires:

top row
light green/red - D sensor
light green - 2 sensor
blue - 1 sensor
green - switched power
bottom row
not used
gray/blue - N sensor
red - R sensor
brown - P sensor

I am asking because they removed the auto gearbox wiring before I got there. They stuck that same connector into the E13 body harness as seen in the pix.

I just want to know where that connector came from for future reference.

It works but the colours do not line up with the body harness. I'm in the process of getting the lower harness from the auto so I will go through it myself.

But in the meantime this colour change has caused confusion with the previous wiring "experts" and resulted in an engine fire.
Old 11-25-2009, 02:43 PM   #4
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
None of the wires match color to color through any of the four plugs that I recall.

For example, the auto wiring has a lot of blue wires, blue/white, blue/yellow, blue/red, blue/black, but none of the correspond to the automatic's harness.

I don't have an automatic transmission or a car laying around to compare and match them up though.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 02:57 PM   #5
g6civcx
Post Whore!

Ok, good to know. I will go through the auto lower harness and inhibitor harness but I'll keep your comments in mind.

Thanks for the help.
Old 11-25-2009, 06:48 PM   #6
rioredstang
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
rioredstang is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
connector

I think he has some extra harness's from a salvage yard. I work on electrical systems and when I go to salvage yards I will cut used harness's from cars just for the connectors. I think he connects all of the wires together to work the switch.
rioredstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 10:06 PM   #7
g6civcx
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rioredstang View Post
I think he has some extra harness's from a salvage yard
I think so. I just want to know where that connector came from for future reference.