Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-28-2006, 12:51 PM   #1
intense240sx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
intense240sx is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s14 kouki's front lips

hey everybody, i have a R33 bumper on my s14 and the other day i was driving in the freeway late at night and my dumbass hit i think it was a cardboard box, im not sure cuz i didnt really get to see it but when i got home, i saw that my lip was crack in half so i just took the whole thing off. now ima just throw a stock usdm kouki bumper on but its doesnt really look right with my car cuz i have a R33 side skirts too, like the bumper doesnt line up with my sides. i just want to know what kind of lips are out there for s14 kouki bumpers so i can pick one up, also i want to know whats the best looking one. all i seen was the greddy lips, is there anything else b4 i got no choice n just get that one?
intense240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2006, 02:41 PM   #2
OptionZero
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
you are a fool

search
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 03:32 PM   #3
cgguy
Leaky Injector

cgguy is on a distinguished road
To my knowlegde there is only ONE lip for the USDM kouki bumper...that's the stock USDM lip sold through Nissan. Be prepared to pay through the nose.

Do you have a link to a Greddy lip? The only Greddy lip I've ever seen if for the Zenki front bumper.
cgguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 03:36 PM   #4
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgguy
Do you have a link to a Greddy lip? The only Greddy lip I've ever seen if for the Zenki front bumper.
http://www.jspec.com/greddys14lip.html

Old 08-28-2006, 03:41 PM   #5
kouki_s14
Zilvia FREAK!

kouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to kouki_s14
^^ that is only for the JDM bumper
the ONE AND ONLY lip for the kouki usdm bumper is the factory one
kouki_s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 03:51 PM   #6
trsilvias13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
trsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
OP, when you say r33 bumper, do you mean an actual r33 bumper or the vis/fiberglass one? if so , Im glad your kit got destroyed.

usdm front lip? only one ~$300 or so, ask your dealership. There a fiberglass one for sale too by someone from this forum. so SEARCH
trsilvias13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 03:58 PM   #7
Stillslow
Leaky Injector

Stillslow is an unknown quantity at this point
I checked at the dealer and they could only find one lip in Canada its in T.O. and the qouted me $470 not really worth it.I would love to have one but fuck $470 is not worth it at all you could almost buy a cheap kit for that.
Stillslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 04:01 PM   #8
chmercer
BANNED

chmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond repute
lol r33 kit

wrecking ball
chmercer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 05:34 PM   #9
240's"r"us
BANNED

240's"r"us is on the path to ruin240's"r"us is on the path to ruin
i went to my dealer and they said 360 for a lip
and they actualy had one good deal a nismo lsd for 900
240's"r"us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 05:39 PM   #10
intense240sx
Leaky Injector

it was fiberglass. not like i wanted the kit, it just came with the car when i bought it. that's why im going to just throw the stock one on because i do like it better. it just i dont want to spend more money to make the car stock looking again.
Old 08-28-2006, 06:37 PM   #11
TheTimanator
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
TheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
why don't you take the "R33 sideskirts" off and throw them in the garbage too (or ebay, something) and then when you put your factory front bumper back it will all line up. Problem solved.
Old 08-28-2006, 07:37 PM   #12
PITCH
Zilvia FREAK!

PITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to behold
OEM kouki lip should run no more than 270. I paid 315 shipped about a month ago from Nissan in S. Carolina.

Last edited by PITCH; 08-28-2006 at 09:08 PM..
PITCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 07:47 PM   #13
topsecretgold
Zilvia FREAK!

topsecretgold is a jewel in the roughtopsecretgold is a jewel in the roughtopsecretgold is a jewel in the roughtopsecretgold is a jewel in the roughtopsecretgold is a jewel in the roughtopsecretgold is a jewel in the roughtopsecretgold is a jewel in the rough
get the jdm kouki nissan front bumper... it looks tits even without the lip...the greddy lip for that bumper is pretty heavy anyways. I would like to figure out a way of making a usdm lip fit on the s14 jdm kouki bumper, because with the s13 coupe they do that and it looks bad ass.
topsecretgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 08:52 PM   #14
OptionZero
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
the usdm lip is out of production, good luck finding one
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 09:01 PM   #15
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
silviaks2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
i got my lip for $75 3 years ago. search around. there are replica ones too that fit decently
Old 08-28-2006, 09:21 PM   #16
trsilvias13
Nissanaholic!

trsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to behold
i got mines about a year about..

i found another lip off another car and it looks like it fits, i'll let you know when im not lazy to install it. PS it a cf lip too
Old 08-29-2006, 12:41 PM   #17
intense240sx
Leaky Injector

i didnt know theres a cf lip.
Old 08-29-2006, 03:17 PM   #18
trsilvias13
Nissanaholic!

READ.. there is not cf lip, I got one off another car /make that has about the same fitment to the usdm bumper, you know what...

die newb!!!
Old 08-29-2006, 08:55 PM   #19
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Someone on this forum (and 240sx forums) is selling replicas. I agree that the JDM bumper looks nice even without a lip...but I don't suggest it for the original poster due to the rest of his exterior (sides and rear).

Quote:
Originally Posted by trsilvias13
i got mines about a year about..

i found another lip off another car and it looks like it fits, i'll let you know when im not lazy to install it. PS it a cf lip too
what car?
Old 08-30-2006, 07:58 PM   #20
Stillslow
Leaky Injector

Stillslow is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviaks2nr
i got my lip for $75 3 years ago. search around. there are replica ones too that fit decently

I hate you...$75 thats a wicked deal I have been looking to many people want them now so there alot harder to find.
Stillslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 11:39 AM   #21
Mirage
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
Mirage is making a name for him/her selfMirage is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Mirage
first off, out of production does not mean out of stock, nissan has warehouses all over the country, I pass by a big one on the way to the nissan dealer I order my parts from. Second, some of you guys need to make a hook up at a nissan dealer, because when a friend bought a lip at the dealer a month ago, and it was no more than $270
Mirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 12:07 PM   #22
punkz
Leaky Injector

punkz is making a name for him/her selfpunkz is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleS14
Someone on this forum (and 240sx forums) is selling replicas.
Yep, 240m3srt is his screen name.

I have one of the replicas and have to say for the price it's a really nice piece with a good fit.

1997 240sx ------------------------- 1993 300zx TT
punkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 01:12 PM   #23
intense240sx
Leaky Injector

oh yea, wasn't that the guy who was selling it last year, some replicas.