Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 01-13-2013, 04:48 PM   #1
tayloray
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
tayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
SR22 Kouki Budget Drift Build.

Okay, so some of you may have seen my cars for sale, etc. But i decided to make a build thread. so here goes.

Keep in mind i'm 19 years old, work part time and go to school full time. I don't have any help money wise building this, so this is a budget build, but i'm trying to do the best i can.

so for a little background, i bought this 95 zenki, with an rb25, way to big of journal bearing turbo, and coilovers.

Changed the turbo, fixed some of the wiring, bought a bride seat, and sparco/nrg wheel setup, did angle mods, tie rods, etc.

decided to put a used cage in (terrible idea but i wanted to make the tandem competition at cfrc)

put over fenders on it.

and this is how the car stayed. I did quite a few events with the car this way, but every single event i had some sort of major problem and barley got to drive. So i just got fed up and decided to re-do it all.

I started by pulling the rb25 out. They're cool motors, but just not my thing anymore. Too much headache. I got rid of that, sold the old coilovers, scrapped the zenki front, cut the ghettoly done in one night cage out, and here we are.

So to start the build up.

Picked up this sr swap after getting rid of the rb.

The motor is a s13 Sr20det that i got a killer deal on.

90MM Darton Sleeves making it a 2.2
Eagle Rods
CP Pistons
Calico crank and rod bearings
Arp headstuds and mainstuds
BC valve sprins
BC retainers
BC 272 Cams
HKS Rocker arm Stoppers
Greddy Intake Manifold
Spitfire coil packs
AEM Series 1 standalone
Precision 6262 with Steel braided oil/coolant lines
Custom tubular manifold
tial 44mm wwasgate with screamer pipe
Greddy oil pan
Spec Stage 5 un-sprung clutch
sr trans (which i'm sure will be dead soon.) with b&m shortshifter

Took the valve cover and both pans off. Motor is super clean inside.

The engine bay before cleaning

And after some engine degreaser and a lot of time with a pressure washer

http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/...s95775d9e.jpeg

Will post more pictures as time progresses. planning on the motor being in, and the wiring done by the end of the week.