Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-21-2011, 11:19 PM   #1
imbored205
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
imbored205 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I have some questions regarding a hole I can use for my power wire (car audio)

I have a 95 240sx se and have already put in new speakers, tweeters, head unit, and new speaker wire. All my speaker wire is already lined from the front to the trunk aswell as RCA's and a remote turn on wire.

All I need to do is run a 0gauge wire from the battery to the trunk. Once it reaches the passenger glove compartment I know what to do.

So, I have searched endlessly and think I finally know what to do but would like to know what everyone else thinks.

So I plan on doing what projectRDM said in this topic
http://zilvia.net/f/chat/133492-pass...-grommets.html

Is this the tiny hole that reads down next to the glovebox with the airbag and other stuff? This picture is right behind the passenger fender lining.

I assume I use a unibit to make the hole bigger. Do I just use a grommet to protect the wire??? Can I also seal that hole up with the wire in it with something else besides a rubber grommet?

I was originally going to put it through a preexisting bigger grommet but there is the ABS(i think) system in the way
In front of the VIN on the left there is that thing in the way unlike in this guys car

This is a pic of what is in the way

Pretty sure I wrote too much but I just want to make sure I am doing the right thing.

So I tried feeding a wire and a coat hanger through but cant get it down because right away I hit a foam block that only allows me to push straight up and slightly down. How do I get rid of this foam block?

Last edited by imbored205; 09-22-2011 at 03:55 PM..
imbored205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links