Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 09-28-2015, 04:46 PM   #1
ozman

Trader Rating: (0)
ozman is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Oz's S14 SR20DET build

Bought my first S13 vert about a year ago, it was cool and all but I got over the leaky roof and it needed a ton of work (Lots of rust and rusted components). Decided to get a better platform to build on. Found an S14 with an SR swap and some tasteful mods and I jumped on it. Drove it for a year and the more power bug got to me. I'll start off with a mod list from when I bought it and when the build is done I'll create another one.

1996 S14 SE
S13 SR
5-speed
Stock internals
Rocker arm stoppers
Garrett GT2860r Disco Potato
ISIS Tubular manifold
Freddy Intake manifold
Walbro 255 Fuel pump
Five O 750cc injectors
RS-Enthalpy Rom tune
Greddy catch can
CC stage 4 clutch
Driveshaft one piece aluminum driveshaft
Tomei 2way T-trax diff
Apexi intake
Z32 MAF
ISIS GT single 3'in exhaust (loud)
ISIS radiatior
ISIS I/C & piping
2 Flex-a-lite 12' fans
AEM Tru-boost
300zx front brakes with SS braided line all around
Drilled/slotted rotors all around
BC coils
ISIS Suspension arm package
Energy suspension bushing kit
On some enkeis wrapped in 255's all around

Has A/C and P/S
Initial dyno on 17psi came up at 220hp
Martin from RS-Enthalpy figured out it was a bad knock sensor and I left with 303hp @ 17psi at the end of the day.

Rolled around on that for a while and I soon found out the Disco potato is great and all, quick to throw ya back but ran out of breath quick. It would be perfect on a track. But being in FL its mostly straight. Any type of higher speed run and you can tell the turbo is not sufficient. I then wanted to hit 400hp. But as I take things apart I start the "well, since I took this off might as well do this too"
It went from cams and a bigger turbo to a full on build. Currently my block is at the machine shop getting mic'ed and checked, 3 angle valve job, all the precision stuff that I just don't have the tools for.
Currently my new parts list consists of:
GTX2871r V-band
Tial ext. wastegate
BC 264 cams
BC cam gears
BC springs and retainers
DOC racing v-band manifold
CP pistons 8.5:1
Manley Rods
ACL bearings
And of course all new gaskets and seals, oil pick up, belts, the whole 9 yards.
But will be bought as needed. After the initial brake in and tune I'll see where I'm at and may decide to go E85, idk tho.

I'll update as things progress. Reason for this build thread is mostly for the GTX2871r. Its so new and not much info on it and have yet to find anyone running is. I've seen a few GTX2867r so I want to share my experiace with this turbo, get the knowledge out there for future builds. This will be a longer build, it will probably be a few months till its drive-able, and prolly a month more to get a dyno sheet in my hand.
Also to note this is my first engine build and I'm doing everything myself, I do have some knowledgeable people to ask tho and mechanically inclined so well see what happens lol.
ozman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links