Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Administration > Forum Suggestions & Technical Support

Forum Suggestions & Technical Support Post any suggestions or questions related to this site.

Old 09-18-2003, 10:10 AM   #1
Rennen
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Rennen will become famous soon enoughRennen will become famous soon enoughRennen will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Best Idea EVAR!

OK, I was on club4ag a while back, I'm not really sure why, I don't have an AE86 and I don't drift, but anyways..

I found this page:
http://www.club4ag.com/faq%20and%20t...el%20Guide.htm
This is an extremely useful page for identifying rare and/or old wheels.

I know Zilvia has alot of posts asking "What wheels are these?" "What front bumper is this?" "What spoiler is this?" "Will these wheels fit my car?"

So I started thinking how great it would be to have a page very similar to that one for 240s.
have a pic of the wheel, sizes, offset, clears Z brakes, clears coilovers etc. Most of the wheel whores on this forum possess this knowledge, and it would just be a matter of adding a wheel and its stats whenever they got around to it.

And a page for body kits too. A picture, manufacturer etc.

Now I know that the reviews section, and the gallery sort of serve this purpose already, but this would consolidate it into one page, and be an invaluable resource for 240 owners.

I know this still won't solve the problem completely, because some people will never look at it, but at least this way if someone asks, "what wheels are these, and will they fit my car?", we just reply with "stupid newbie, look at the wheels page"

I'm just throwin this out there, lemme know if it sounds like a good idea to anyone.

-Matt

'89 Nissan 240SX fastback: #23 DSP/RallyMod2/Track Slut
'95 BMW 540i 6 speed: Ultimate Commuting Machine

PFM Racing
www.solo2.org
www.midwest240sx.com
Rennen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2003, 08:54 PM   #2
hookedup240
Zilvia FREAK!

hookedup240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to hookedup240
wow good idea, this would help out a lot
hookedup240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 10:25 PM   #3
radhaz
Premium Member

radhaz has much to be proud ofradhaz has much to be proud ofradhaz has much to be proud ofradhaz has much to be proud ofradhaz has much to be proud ofradhaz has much to be proud ofradhaz has much to be proud ofradhaz has much to be proud ofradhaz has much to be proud ofradhaz has much to be proud ofradhaz has much to be proud of
That's a fantastic idea, one for wheels one for body kits etc etc.

If the idea takes off someone could just sticky a thread at the top that folks could add images too as they find them. Or a script could be hacked out to allow direct uploading even.

Nice find!

Need a 96 driver side window switch. Feel free to pm me with a price
radhaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2003, 11:15 AM   #4
West
OMNOMNOMNOM

West has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to West
Very good Idea. I will start a topic in this in Chat once I get my 17x8 17x9 wheels on and fitted right. So I can have something to start with and know what im talking about as far as what camber/tire size is needed. I think everyone should take pictures of their setups and we can add it to a page simular to the one you posted.