Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 12-23-2009, 02:37 PM   #1
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
THE BIG QUESTIONS: think outside the box

So I would like to get everyones thoughts on this!....we have a thread for "what is heaven"....

Okay....so if there is a GOD....where did he come from?

If there are angels and demons...where do ghosts/spirits stand?
(where do they come from? why are they here?)

If a vampire is a made up charecter that sucks blood and lives forever....where did that come from?

I would like to see...what kind of answers we get from people...and if you have a question...that you can't find an answer on...I would like to see people post their ideas or facts if they have them.....

Here is my question......if god exists....who is his creator? He had to have come from somewhere. Is there more than one god? Is that why our god shows jealousy in the bible towards other gods? If he created the heavens and earth.....and satan created hell...why doesn't he just make hell dissappear? no one has more power than the almighty!? Are we pawns in "gods world"? Could we possibly be "his game" where he plays life and death...and controls where we go afterlife? For those not "godly"....where did life begin? (big bang)an explosion coming from knowhere...absolute knowhere...like...no spec of life and then bam...(i'm laughing right now)....all kinds of life without any meaning? If the universe is truely infinite........there is no end...then the big bang...couldn't actually be the only big bang....there could be more.... thinking of how infinite the universe is... our world...our galaxy...is a spec of nothing compared to the size of possibilities that are in the universe...so life could exist outside of our galaxy...

lets hear some far fethced ideas and possibilities..as well as some unknown questions....lets be serious though...no...well where did the chicken come from...hen or egg.

THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX.

Last edited by fckillerbee; 12-23-2009 at 04:10 PM..
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2009, 02:39 PM   #2
ILoveMyRHS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
ILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ILoveMyRHS13
The Bible states that God always was, and always will be. Whether you believe it or not, that's up to you, obviously; but that's what it says. I can't really fathom how or why, though.
ILoveMyRHS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 02:54 PM   #3
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveMyRHS13 View Post
The Bible states that God always was, and always will be. Whether you believe it or not, that's up to you, obviously; but that's what it says. I can't really fathom how or why, though.

if he is...and always will be...the creator...then why would he smite his own creation for sinning? and damn them to perril....when he loves us so much to sacrifice his son for our sins?

That is like me raising my child, and having all the money in the world...yet I buy a house in the ghetto and let him hangout with gangmembers. I have a choice to move in a better environment...taking him out of a situation where he would be more likely to get involved in a "wrong" crowd. And then I would feel sorry for him dying at 21 because it was my choice to put him there. Not saying that he couldn't ahve eventually got into gangs...but the choice I made...does determine his future to an extent.
Old 12-23-2009, 03:10 PM   #4
keistyle
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
keistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Send a message via AIM to keistyle
Well, because we have a choice, don't we?
Old 12-23-2009, 04:05 PM   #5
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keistyle View Post
Well, because we have a choice, don't we?
what is choice? because I can purchase alcohal at a ralphs...and you can't. c'mon...that was the lamest answer I have seen in a thread that requires thinking. Choice is only as capable as the person that controls it. Your choice to live...ends where one chooses to take it. Elaborate on your well thought out answer....since you are only 19.
Old 12-23-2009, 04:14 PM   #6
ILoveMyRHS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
ILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ILoveMyRHS13
Allow me to expand on his response. We all have a choice between heaven and hell. When God created the world (again, if you believe in it, I'm just answering from what I believe) he created as "perfect." There was to be no sin. However, he had ONE stipulation, Adam and Eve are NOT to eat of the forbidden fruit. Then Satan came to earth in the form of a snake with legs (IIRC) and persuaded Eve to eat of the forbidden fruit. Therefore they broke God's one command and he filled the earth with sin, pain and so on.

By the way, age has NOTHING to do with this. I'm 18 and I went through 1st-12th grade in a Christian school, so I've heard it all.
ILoveMyRHS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 04:34 PM   #7
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Do you guys believe in FATE?

I mean are we destined to do something, meet people, be successful, go through hardships, and eventually die "when our time comes"?

I don't wanna believe it cuz I feel like I have control over my life but sometimes I feel like things happen for a reason.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 01:20 AM   #8
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
fate is a convenient way to deprive yourself out of responsibility, imo.
it's just a superstition imo, nothing more than trying to make sense out of mere coincidence.
I think it is natural for humans to have the drive to figure things out.

occasionally (more often than not, to be honest),
I am tempted to be believe in bad luck.
but then again, that's just another superstition.

However, for the sake of discussion, let's say that fate does infact exist.
So what?
Unless you have the ability to see the future,
it really changes nothing.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 06:02 AM   #9
Pactin
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Pactin is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by fckillerbee View Post
So I would like to get everyones thoughts on this!....we have a thread for "what is heaven"....

#1) Okay....so if there is a GOD....where did he come from?

#2) If there are angels and demons...where do ghosts/spirits stand?
(where do they come from? why are they here?)

#3) If a vampire is a made up charecter that sucks blood and lives forever....where did that come from?
#1) Interesting question. I believe that God always was as well. IMO the idea that all things must have come from something else is a human/ scientific concept. We are bound to that concept through science; in a closed system, matter and energy are conserved, neither created nor destroyed, only changed. But I mean, if it's possible for God to create humans, would it really be a stretch of thought to have to consider his/her omnipresence?

#2) Not too sure how to answer this one. I suppose one could say spirits/ ghosts are trapped in limbo.

#3) I think vampire stuff was of sexual origin. A (presumably male) vampire roaming around at night into people's bedrooms- tell me that doesn't sound romanticized. Sucking of blood seems like a very sensual (albeit painful) type of kissing- cue twilight fans.

On the fate issue: seems pretty trivial to me. I mean, of course we as humans will always try to seek knowledge, but what will you have then? If we can somehow prove fate, you can't do anything about it. And if we've somehow disproved it, now what?

I've got a question, and of course it is subject to one's own opinion: Do you believe there is an equation or mathematical explanation for everything (disregarding divine entities)? For example, do you believe there is a complicated equation to predict/ simulate exactly how the waves of the ocean will move and the direction its spray will float and the path the wind that carries it, takes, etc etc?

Another, more applicable example would be: Do you believe it's possible to predict/ simulate the way a person will feel if you stimulate their emotions? We've got the science behind it; genome maps, hormone levels, but is it really random?
Pactin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 02:25 PM   #10
thestreetzking
Zilvia Junkie

thestreetzking is just really nicethestreetzking is just really nicethestreetzking is just really nicethestreetzking is just really nicethestreetzking is just really nicethestreetzking is just really nicethestreetzking is just really nicethestreetzking is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to thestreetzking
didnt the whole vampire thing come from dracula? which in turn came from vlad the impaler?
thestreetzking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 02:57 PM   #11
theicecreamdan
Post Whore!

theicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theicecreamdan
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
Do you guys believe in FATE?
Without getting a little bit spiritual, yes I believe in fate.

Imagine a pool table with only 2 balls, a cue ball and the 8 ball. The cue ball is flying towards the 8 ball at an off angle, with a little bit of information and a reference you can determine where they will both be at any time in the future. And even if you don't have the information to figure out where they will be, once they are in motion their "fate" is determined as long as you don't introduce any motion or interferences onto the table.

Now add more balls, and new forces moving the balls, and let the balls do all sorts of cool things when they contact each other. "Fate" becomes a hell of a lot more complicated and there aren't any simple formulas to make a very good prediction of what a system will look like at a specific time, but every particle around us is moving with some amount of energy in some direction. and they should be reacting with other particles around us in a consistent manner.

To me "God" is whatever force it is allowing us to have some sort of outside influence on all the crap going on inside our bodies, because I certainly can't fathom how we manage to do it in some small range of complexity in our system. Its at this level that fate disappears and we are responsible for our own actions.

And now I'm confused about it all again.
theicecreamdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 03:55 PM   #12
StaticX27
Zilvia Junkie

StaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond repute
1) From a scientific point of view, this is an impossible question to answer, since something cannot be created from nothing. From the whole God point of view, as people have stated, God always was and always is. To me, I'm perfectly content with not knowing the answer to this question

2) Historically, Ghosts are simply spirits who are unable to pass on to the afterlife (ex. Heaven, Nirvana, etc) due to unfinished business, or any other multitude of reasons. They differ from Angels in that Angels were a specific race of people different from Humans, they were a race God created specifically to exist in servitude to God. Human spirits who pass on to the afterlife have to coexist with an alien race in this new world known as (insert popular term here)

3) Historically, the origins of Vampires can be traced back to the one known as Vlad the Impaler, one who was particular brutal in his practices dealing with traitors. This story of him was passed on through stories and word of mouth like a game of telephone and probably became a bed time story to scare children into being good "If you're bad, Vlad will come and get you!" type mentality. Then, after Vlad died, the stories had to keep existing, so eventually he became immortal, and since he's now an immortal, he got uber stronger etc.

The second popular story of the origin of Vampires goes back to Judas, the betrayer of Jesus Christ. Although, this variation of a Vampire goes against Bram Stoker's version of the Vampire by suggesting Vampires are vulnerable to silver (Judas was paid 50 silver to betray Jesus Christ). I'm honestly not sure who came up with this variant of Vampires, but IMO it seriously derails the mythology surrounding Vampires and as such you get Sparkle-pyres (Twilight's vampires), Underworld and Blade.

Going back to the whole God theory, is there really any reason why other religions can't compare with the typical Catholic / Christian monotheistic idea? Virtually all Polytheistic religions (or Mythologies, whatever term you want to use) all subscribe to the idea of 1 Overgod and several lesser Gods (Zeus to the Greeks, Odin to the Norse). What's to say that Zeus / Odin / God were all the same people, and all the lesser deities were angels? Basically, you have Angels who represent the same ideologies of the lesser deities of Polytheistic religions, and each deity / angel represents an ideal that was held in high regard by the society at the time. Aries/Mars/Thor were all icons of pure strength, in essence the idea that all Men should strive for. While I'm not completely up on the Monotheist religions, I'm sure there's an Angel out there that symbolizes strength as well, no?

What's to say that (assuming there is a God, and assuming their are Angels/Lesser Gods) Thor, Aries, Mars, etc are not all the same person? Sure there are minor discrepancies between their stories and such, but fundamentally they are all the same in terms of what they represented to the people. Also, God's/Angels are assumed to be unable to die of old age. Personally, there are plenty of things in my 26 years of life that I pretend never happened and never tell new people about, what's to say that all the stories about Thor/Aries/Mars are all the same, he just chose not to tell the Greeks a story that he told the Romans? What's to say he decided not to tell about that ugly ass fat ho he screwed back in 20,000 B.C. who was a symbol of pure hawtness back then? I mean come on, there are girls we've dated that we like to forget, and we all have em, right? I mean it's not like Driftfreaq is sitting there telling us about the girls he nailed because he thought bell-bottoms were hot. And that's just what, 30-40 years? You're an Angel/God, you've been alive for tens of thousands of years, of course there's things you won't admit to :P
StaticX27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 03:56 PM   #13
StaticX27
Zilvia Junkie

StaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond repute
Oh, and to answer someone earlier. Technically, yes, everything that happens on this planet can be explained mathematically. Go random mathematical functions :P
Old 12-24-2009, 04:20 PM   #14
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveMyRHS13 View Post
The Bible states that God always was, and always will be.
if i wrote a book about myself, i'd probably talk myself up too
Old 12-24-2009, 04:25 PM   #15
javib00st
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
javib00st is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
^I must have missed where god wrote the bible... *finds bible*
Old 12-24-2009, 04:54 PM   #16
I LUV MY S13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
I LUV MY S13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
God is from a dimension of no time, no beginning no end, no cause no effect,no will and no was

-Jorge
I LUV MY S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 04:59 PM   #17
I LUV MY S13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
I LUV MY S13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
oh yeah...i think OP was high out of his mind in his 1st post haha

-Jorge
I LUV MY S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 05:50 PM   #18
SR240DET
Zilvia FREAK!

SR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to SR240DET
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LUV MY S13 View Post
God is from a dimension of no time, no beginning no end, no cause no effect,no will and no was
OP is asking for evidence of this but as we all may or may not know, you cannot test something that doesn't exist.
SR240DET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 05:55 PM   #19
LimeLite Racing
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
LimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaticX27 View Post
1) From a scientific point of view, this is an impossible question to answer, since something cannot be created from nothing. From the whole God point of view, as people have stated, God always was and always is. To me, I'm perfectly content with not knowing the answer to this question

2) Historically, Ghosts are simply spirits who are unable to pass on to the afterlife (ex. Heaven, Nirvana, etc) due to unfinished business, or any other multitude of reasons. They differ from Angels in that Angels were a specific race of people different from Humans, they were a race God created specifically to exist in servitude to God. Human spirits who pass on to the afterlife have to coexist with an alien race in this new world known as (insert popular term here)

3) Historically, the origins of Vampires can be traced back to the one known as Vlad the Impaler, one who was particular brutal in his practices dealing with traitors. This story of him was passed on through stories and word of mouth like a game of telephone and probably became a bed time story to scare children into being good "If you're bad, Vlad will come and get you!" type mentality. Then, after Vlad died, the stories had to keep existing, so eventually he became immortal, and since he's now an immortal, he got uber stronger etc.

The second popular story of the origin of Vampires goes back to Judas, the betrayer of Jesus Christ. Although, this variation of a Vampire goes against Bram Stoker's version of the Vampire by suggesting Vampires are vulnerable to silver (Judas was paid 50 silver to betray Jesus Christ). I'm honestly not sure who came up with this variant of Vampires, but IMO it seriously derails the mythology surrounding Vampires and as such you get Sparkle-pyres (Twilight's vampires), Underworld and Blade.

Going back to the whole God theory, is there really any reason why other religions can't compare with the typical Catholic / Christian monotheistic idea? Virtually all Polytheistic religions (or Mythologies, whatever term you want to use) all subscribe to the idea of 1 Overgod and several lesser Gods (Zeus to the Greeks, Odin to the Norse). What's to say that Zeus / Odin / God were all the same people, and all the lesser deities were angels? Basically, you have Angels who represent the same ideologies of the lesser deities of Polytheistic religions, and each deity / angel represents an ideal that was held in high regard by the society at the time. Aries/Mars/Thor were all icons of pure strength, in essence the idea that all Men should strive for. While I'm not completely up on the Monotheist religions, I'm sure there's an Angel out there that symbolizes strength as well, no?

What's to say that (assuming there is a God, and assuming their are Angels/Lesser Gods) Thor, Aries, Mars, etc are not all the same person? Sure there are minor discrepancies between their stories and such, but fundamentally they are all the same in terms of what they represented to the people. Also, God's/Angels are assumed to be unable to die of old age. Personally, there are plenty of things in my 26 years of life that I pretend never happened and never tell new people about, what's to say that all the stories about Thor/Aries/Mars are all the same, he just chose not to tell the Greeks a story that he told the Romans? What's to say he decided not to tell about that ugly ass fat ho he screwed back in 20,000 B.C. who was a symbol of pure hawtness back then? I mean come on, there are girls we've dated that we like to forget, and we all have em, right? I mean it's not like Driftfreaq is sitting there telling us about the girls he nailed because he thought bell-bottoms were hot. And that's just what, 30-40 years? You're an Angel/God, you've been alive for tens of thousands of years, of course there's things you won't admit to :P
I've got to wave my bullshit flag here. Besides this entire post being a quick google search, vampires totally exist. Hasn't anyone seen Twilight for fuck's sake?!
Old 12-24-2009, 08:16 PM   #20
Zacho
Zilvia Member

Zacho is an unknown quantity at this point
I've always wondered if some people stoned out of their minds in the first years of civilization said to each other "LOL how funny would it be if we told everyone there was a person who created us but doesn't exist lololol" and next thing you know you have god.

I personally just think god/religion is what it is because without people would be lost/alone in the rougher times in life.

If someone believes god exists...they haven't met him or seen him nor shaken hands with him. I just never understood it?
Zacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 12:12 AM   #21
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
^it's called faith, jesus came to earth to teach people about god, forgiveness and sin

i think our minds are just too tiny to understand the concept of god being "always there." We just can't comprehend something w/out a beginning and not having an end. This can go both ways, even if you were an athiest it fucks w/ your brain thinking about how everything began and where space ends. It has been known that the universe is expanding, stars and galaxies are getting farther away from us in all directions..if you could travel at amazing speed through space will you ever come to the end? How can it just keep going forever?

i am NOT stoned i swear
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 08:27 AM   #22
StaticX27
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacho View Post
I've always wondered if some people stoned out of their minds in the first years of civilization said to each other "LOL how funny would it be if we told everyone there was a person who created us but doesn't exist lololol" and next thing you know you have god.

I personally just think god/religion is what it is because without people would be lost/alone in the rougher times in life.

If someone believes god exists...they haven't met him or seen him nor shaken hands with him. I just never understood it?
YouTube - Patton Oswalt - Sky Cake <-- Origin of religion explained

I mean there's lots of reasons religion exists, mostly as an explanation to sate people who need that assurance. Some people need to know what's at the end of the tunnel for them after they're done living here. Some people need an explanation of where the world came from, or even why bad things happen to them. Religion, historically, was a way the powerful were able to control the weak. Almost every monarch ruled because God gave them the power to. Now, there were hundreds, if not thousands of cultures world wide pulling that. Do you really believe God came down and hand picked each monarch that ruled over each culture, especially when most of the time these rules claimed they were Gods? I mean technically, everyone who swore fealty to their king was a sinner. Everyone worshipped a false god!
Old 12-27-2009, 05:36 PM   #23
SexPanda
Post Whore!

SexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to SexPanda Send a message via MSN to SexPanda
There are alot of things in this world that I dont get, and more than straight up confuse me. But I think the fact I'm even here, and we're all here is just amazing.

So often people start thinking of the big things too much. How about you just walk outside, and marvel at the wonder of what you see. The beauty of such ordinary things as grass, water, the night sky. So simple, yet so complex. But the beauty in the world is how you see it. Sometmes its important to just stop thinking of the how and why, and just look at it and enjoy it. Philosophy 101 over lol
SexPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 03:18 PM   #24
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

promise you...I wasn't stoned writing this...I like many others I have talked to regarding these questions...come from just what ifs. One day a friend and I starting talking about everything we could think of....this is where god came in. Talking about poverty and the wealth. Like there are children in 3rd world contries dying for what reason? because the 100's of people born before them screwed it up, and now they suffer...I mean...i'm completely happy that I was given life in the lifestyle my family has set before me....but like people I question God.

For the simple sake of God, being as powerful as he is....lets things slide by. Some of you can't fathom past god always will be and is the only creator. I can't fathom why he would let his greatest creation suffer through pain...day to day...in a world full of sin...and just sit by as we condemn ourself. I look at a human being like a computer. If i were god...and I made a computer...I would not allow it to crash. It would never be slow, it would always work (people wouldn't have the urge to kill another man....temptation would be a program that didn't exist...and "hell" is not downloadable). So why are we soo messed up? Okay so eve took a bite from an apple....why? cause satan talked her into it...i'm sorry but for god to be so powerful....why would he create a tree to doom our existence...am I the only one wondering this?

I understand free will...I also understand creation.... so if I were god, making a clay model of mankind...and I didn't want mankind to be blue...I wouldn't make it...why isn't it that simple?

As far as the vampire thing...I was more so looking at it like how myths are created. Warewolves, aliens, dragons....did at one point...they exist for these stories to be made...i couldn't imagine someone making up a story about a man changing into a dog....I mean...it was less than a 1000 years ago when we realized the earth was indeed round.
Old 12-28-2009, 03:19 PM   #25
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexPanda View Post
There are alot of things in this world that I dont get, and more than straight up confuse me. But I think the fact I'm even here, and we're all here is just amazing.

So often people start thinking of the big things too much. How about you just walk outside, and marvel at the wonder of what you see. The beauty of such ordinary things as grass, water, the night sky. So simple, yet so complex. But the beauty in the world is how you see it. Sometmes its important to just stop thinking of the how and why, and just look at it and enjoy it. Philosophy 101 over lol
I walk outside and look at the ocean...and wonder how life sustains itself...thinking that our selfishness will destroy the world since we think so little about the future.
Old 12-28-2009, 03:31 PM   #26
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

I was more so looking for answers/ opinions...I know one cannot prove god exists....What can be proven is ghosts...So for the scientific people....where ghosts are trapped untill the pass over...how does that work. I mean...if you say there is no god...then what happens when you die...and how do you explain ghosts/spirits?

these are the questions I ask myself looking for a solution. I believe everything was created...yet I am not happy with God being the answer...for the simple fact that if I were to create a world...that I cared about...I wouldn't allow something as simple as "life and death". This is probably the biggest question I have. Probably cause it just doesn't make sense. Why allow us to live in sin...and be condemned for eternity...if you are the one writing the rules...? To give freewill? then don't be surprised when we shoot our neighbor...I mean...I didn't put myself here...god put me on this earth...
Old 12-28-2009, 06:41 PM   #27
SR240DET
Zilvia FREAK!

SR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to SR240DET
Quote:
I was more so looking for answers/ opinions...I know one cannot prove god exists....What can be proven is ghosts...So for the scientific people....where ghosts are trapped untill the pass over...how does that work. I mean...if you say there is no god...then what happens when you die...and how do you explain ghosts/spirits?

these are the questions I ask myself looking for a solution. I believe everything was created...yet I am not happy with God being the answer...for the simple fact that if I were to create a world...that I cared about...I wouldn't allow something as simple as "life and death". This is probably the biggest question I have. Probably cause it just doesn't make sense. Why allow us to live in sin...and be condemned for eternity...if you are the one writing the rules...? To give freewill? then don't be surprised when we shoot our neighbor...I mean...I didn't put myself here...god put me on this earth...

The supernatural does not exist; therefore, science cannot prove it. I am sure when you die it will be a lot like before you were born. Enjoy life, live it to the fullest, because there isn't another life waiting for you when you die.
SR240DET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 07:29 PM   #28
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Dude, this goes in line with the age old question:

"Could Jesus microwave a burrito so hot that he himself could not eat it?"

The world will simply never know.

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
DreamN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 10:30 AM   #29
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR240DET View Post
The supernatural does not exist; therefore, science cannot prove it. I am sure when you die it will be a lot like before you were born. Enjoy life, live it to the fullest, because there isn't another life waiting for you when you die.
YouTube - Ghost Hunters - Pensacola Lighthouse [4 of 4]

fast forward to 5 minutes. Science can never prove anything they cannot touch.
Old 12-29-2009, 12:54 PM   #30
Pactin
Leaky Injector

Pactin is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
For the simple sake of God, being as powerful as he is....lets things slide by. Some of you can't fathom past god always will be and is the only creator. I can't fathom why he would let his greatest creation suffer through pain...day to day...in a world full of sin...and just sit by as we condemn ourself. I look at a human being like a computer. If i were god...and I made a computer...I would not allow it to crash. It would never be slow, it would always work (people wouldn't have the urge to kill another man....temptation would be a program that didn't exist...and "hell" is not downloadable). So why are we soo messed up? Okay so eve took a bite from an apple....why? cause satan talked her into it...i'm sorry but for god to be so powerful....why would he create a tree to doom our existence...am I the only one wondering this?

I understand free will...I also understand creation.... so if I were god, making a clay model of mankind...and I didn't want mankind to be blue...I wouldn't make it...why isn't it that simple?
On the suffering issue, according to beliefs, that's just a part of "life". All things experienced in life are trials and tribulations. The ultimate reward for surviving the temptations of sin is heaven. Now quite sure what that will be like, but it's what I infer from the good book. See it this way, several people have won the Nobel peace prize. Now, although they may not have been born in the same region, ethnicity, parents, etc, they still work towards a common goal- to which they are rewarded.

And onto the Eve question. I believe this is partly the problem from the writers of genesis, or the bible in general. Take this opinion how you want to, but I believe that the bible truly cannot be taken literally in alot of its stories. I feel that too much of it is symbolic, hence the numerous hypocritical and contradicting information in it. I believe they are a set of stories that bring forth values and morals to which we can guide our lives by peacefully. Of course it isn't scientifically possible for Noah to have collected every animal on the planet, or for a man to turn water into wine, but why do we have to take things so literally? In contrast, if it was possible for God to make angels, the world, man, why would it be such a stretch of thought to believe Jesus rose on 3rd day?
Quote:
Again, my post above should answer that. Life is supposedly a test, with unequal dispositions, that we must pass in order to achieve heaven, nirvana, etc. I know taking the life of your neighbor is such a big idea, but it looks very miniscule to the idea of life in heaven. I don't know if I'm explaining myself right, so bear with me
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR240DET View Post
I agree with living life to its fullest. However, science and the supernatural should almost never mix! The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence. Just because we cannot prove/see something does not mean it does not exist (cue the 5th grader comparing God to wind). I mean, a few hundred years back, humans were unable to prove alot of things, but that didn't discredit them, we just haven't the technology to provide us the data.

What science cannot test, it cannot dis/prove. Ultimately we cannot test God, so we stand at a stalemate. We have bibles, korans, the jewish scroll thingy (sorry I forgot what it's called), but these are human written things, and as you all know, we are very prone to error.
Pactin is offline   Reply With Quote