Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > South Western States

South Western States Arizona, California, Hawaii, and Nevada.

Old 06-17-2009, 07:32 PM   #1
Sil-Abc
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (13)
Sil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Sil-Abc
Nor-Cal Machine Shop/Machine Press

Anyone know a shop in the bay area (preferrably in san mateo) that can press out the old bushings and press in new inserts for the subframe? The subframe is already off, just need someone to press them out and new ones in. Thanks. O yea prices too please
Old 06-17-2009, 09:29 PM   #2
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
Even with a press I would just burn and saw them
subframe is too big and heavy to fit in most typical presses
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 03:18 PM   #3
Sil-Abc
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (13)
Sil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Sil-Abc
burning them took forever. Took around 1.5 hours for one bushing and that collar thing is still in the way. Do i saw that thing off?
Old 06-18-2009, 06:05 PM   #4
OptionZero
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
use a hacksaw and do it by hand, make two cuts and then u can pry it off wit a screwdriver
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 06:25 PM   #5
Wake
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (8)
Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
seriously if you want me to come help just let me know lol. but yeah i would suggest going to any hardware store and buying a blowtorch. they shouldnt be too expensive and i know ace carrys em, probably kragen too. then just torch the rubber and make a cut on opposite sides of the metall collar then pry em out. shouldnt take that long.

one of these
http://www.acehardwaresuperstore.com...62.html?ref=42
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 06:28 PM   #6
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManoNegra View Post
Even with a press I would just burn and saw them
subframe is too big and heavy to fit in most typical presses
That's exactly what I was thinking - last time I tried to have two people hold it while I got each corner in the press, and just gave up. I would caution against using a sawzall to cut the old bushings out, however, because it's too fuckin easy to keep on cutting into the subframe. Hand tools are your friend with that one.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote