Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 02-20-2011, 02:10 PM   #1
BustedS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
protester murders

140 protesters killed in Libya:

140 Massacred in Libya. Woman and children leap to their deaths from bridges. : worldnews

military fires on protesters in Bahrain:

A Day of Massacre In Bahrain | UN Dispatch

(yeah yeah, Kent State. shut up. it was 40 years ago)
Old 02-20-2011, 03:43 PM   #2
sidewaysil80
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
sidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
something isn't right about the bahrain one. they have riots almost every weekend (not protests, riots...like flaming/exploding propane tanks, spear guns, you name it they use it on police). i personally worked with/responded with the ministry of interiors special security force (ones that respond to riots) and they don't even bring live rounds out. i have lived/worked there and i find this very very hard to swallow. their has to be more to this story. and if their isn't...i'm extremley curious as to why the sudden change of policy. the ONLY thing i can think of is since they already have such a hard time with riots that they are cracking down even harder since the egypt incident.
sidewaysil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 03:53 PM   #3
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Used to care, but I am quite over it. For the past few centuries, nothing good has come from that part of the Earth. Kind of wish it would just be blocked off, until they resolve their differences and decide to become contributing inhabitants of this planet, instead of dragging the rest of the world down with them and involving innocent people in their personal squabbles.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 04:12 PM   #4
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
gearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
something isn't right about the bahrain one. they have riots almost every weekend (not protests, riots...like flaming/exploding propane tanks, spear guns, you name it they use it on police). i personally worked with/responded with the ministry of interiors special security force (ones that respond to riots) and they don't even bring live rounds out. i have lived/worked there and i find this very very hard to swallow. their has to be more to this story. and if their isn't...i'm extremley curious as to why the sudden change of policy. the ONLY thing i can think of is since they already have such a hard time with riots that they are cracking down even harder since the egypt incident.
Yea I'm guessing that policy changes might have happened because of whats happening in egypt, tunisia, libya, etc. I didn't know anything about the situation in Bahrain before this, but i feel like that is a logical reason. There could be more to the story, but from the info/videos that have been released that is all that i can conclude, ya know. The videos of unarmed protesters getting tagged in the face make it hard for me to side with a government, regardless of the situation. It sounds like you know what you're talking about though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwnUQ...ipcontrinter=1
gearhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 11:02 PM   #5
theicecreamdan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
theicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to theicecreamdan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
Used to care, but I am quite over it. For the past few centuries, nothing good has come from that part of the Earth. Kind of wish it would just be blocked off, until they resolve their differences and decide to become contributing inhabitants of this planet, instead of dragging the rest of the world down with them and involving innocent people in their personal squabbles.
Yeah, because the rest of the world has nothing to do with WHY they are in such a mess.
theicecreamdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:36 AM   #6
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead55 View Post
Yea I'm guessing that policy changes might have happened because of whats happening in egypt, tunisia, libya, etc. I didn't know anything about the situation in Bahrain before this, but i feel like that is a logical reason. There could be more to the story, but from the info/videos that have been released that is all that i can conclude, ya know. The videos of unarmed protesters getting tagged in the face make it hard for me to side with a government, regardless of the situation. It sounds like you know what you're talking about though.

YouTube - Bahrain's army deliberately kills peaceful protesters with live rounds ( automatic weapon )
I agree, and that has been my impression too.
Most likely Tunisia & Egypt just set off a chain of events in other countries,
where a large portion of the population have been fed up with their governments for a while.

Libya seems like an all out war

Uprising flares in Libyan city - Africa - Al Jazeera English

I have a feeling we might be seeing more of this with other countries, like Iran.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:48 AM   #7
murda-c
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
murda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to murda-c Send a message via MSN to murda-c
I wonder how many of those weapons were provided by us....damn shame.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:53 AM   #8
sidewaysil80
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
sidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by murda-c View Post
I wonder how many of those weapons were provided by us....damn shame.
none actually, they use french/german made weaponary. i'm not sure about their choppers though.
sidewaysil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 06:18 PM   #9
redline racer510
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
redline racer510 is on the path to ruinredline racer510 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
The US government doesn't give a shit just as long as there isn't a wasted opportunity to profit financially, economically, politically. Libya has a lot of oil so I wouldn't be surprised if we go into Libya and do our magic like we did in Iraq and Afghanistan or perhaps we will sit back and influence future elections in the region to better suit our governments agenda. Either way we love making money while being shady at doing it, isn't that the American way? Lol I smell WW3
Old 03-14-2011, 08:59 PM   #10
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
man fuck bahrain. I hope F1 pulls out of there for good, borring ass races every year.