Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 08:42 PM   #1
Migit240sx
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (15)
Migit240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Wheel pushed back toward the fender!

Long story short! My friend crashed my s13 driver side breaking the tension rod and bent the SHIT outta the FLCA. That has been replaced already:

I noticed that the front driver side wheel is pushed back towards the fender like this car:

When I was under the car, I also noticed the front crossmember, where it hooks up the FLCA was extremely bent. Can this be the cause of the wheel being pushed back toward the fender?? Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2012, 09:06 PM   #2
hardparkd
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
hardparkd is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
most likely. but try shortening the length of the tension rod (if possible) and see if that pulls the tyre forward.
if not you'r friend may need a new cross member.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:38 AM   #3
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
If your crossmember is bent you need to replace that shit. Trying to compensate by shortening the tension rod is NOT a good alternative.

Oh and also your friend is a fucking idiot. Pick better friends.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:30 AM   #4
Beemer
Leaky Injector

Beemer is an unknown quantity at this point
Thats nasty, x2 on replacing the bent crossmember. Especially is you don't have a wheel alignment machine you could just make matter worse trying to compensate for it.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:40 AM   #5
Darren
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Darren is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Lots of people with bent x-members lately.

If a part is broken, the usual thing to do is replace it.
Old 09-11-2012, 01:48 PM   #6
vehicle336
Zilvia Member

vehicle336 is an unknown quantity at this point
Have you even tried to have it aligned? Cuz Uhhhh...... Those guys can tell you exactly how fucked you are and what it will take to re-align it. Also, x3 on the crossmember an finding better friends.
Old 09-11-2012, 04:19 PM   #7
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
If your crossmember is bent you need to replace that shit. Trying to compensate by shortening the tension rod is NOT a good alternative.

Oh and also your friend is a fucking idiot. Pick better friends.
What happened to common sense? I mean what the fuck?!?!?! I see a bent part, it's probably fucked, I should fix it, but I'm not going too...? Use your fucking brain man.

And post this shit in the right section next time, that would be the TECH section, not CHAT...

brndck- Seems like he and his friend share a common misfortune...
Old 09-11-2012, 11:10 PM   #8
Migit240sx
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
What happened to common sense? I mean what the fuck?!?!?! I see a bent part, it's probably fucked, I should fix it, but I'm not going too...? Use your fucking brain man.

And post this shit in the right section next time, that would be the TECH section, not CHAT...

brndck- Seems like he and his friend share a common misfortune...

You on your period bro?

And if you must know, I let him borrow the car because he had recently sold his. Out of the kindness of my heart, I let him drive mine while he looked for another one.
AVOIDING AN ACCIDENT, he swerved out of the way running into the side walk. That is all. I'm not going to drop a great friend just because of a little misfortune. Grow up
Old 09-12-2012, 12:17 AM   #9
jumboflan
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
jumboflan has a little shameless behavior in the past
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
that's not damage from hitting a curb while avoiding a car. Why didnt he just hit the car, then he could get paid for an idiot drivning idiotically. never avoid something unless it was your fault. Like you didn't pay attention to drivng too closely to someone's rear....then swerved to avoid rear ending him. other than that. I guess your friend judgement was wrong. If he just hit that person, then you could settle it insurance wise. Unless, he was driving too fast and knew he was the cause of the potential accident, and tried as hard as hell to avoid it. Because he knew he was at fault. Either way, you're outta luck.
Old 09-12-2012, 03:32 AM   #10
jr_ss
Post Whore!

jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Migit240sx View Post
And if you must know, I let him borrow the car because he had recently sold his. Out of the kindness of my heart, I let him drive mine while he looked for another one.
I'm hardly mad, I could really give two shits about you or your car. Either way fix the "bent" stuff. I.e. your subframe.

Honestly, I can sympathize with you letting your friend use the car, but don't come in here and bullshit us about "he hit a side walk avoiding an accident"
Old 09-12-2012, 09:09 AM   #11
pacotaco345
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
pacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumboflan View Post
that's not damage from hitting a curb while avoiding a car. Why didnt he just hit the car, then he could get paid for an idiot drivning idiotically. never avoid something unless it was your fault. Like you didn't pay attention to drivng too closely to someone's rear....then swerved to avoid rear ending him. other than that. I guess your friend judgement was wrong. If he just hit that person, then you could settle it insurance wise. Unless, he was driving too fast and knew he was the cause of the potential accident, and tried as hard as hell to avoid it. Because he knew he was at fault. Either way, you're outta luck.
You sir, are an idiot.. Even if the other driver would be at fault why would you intentionally get in an accident? I would rather replace a crossmember than deal with insurance and possibly reshelling a car.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:56 AM   #12
ZAKU
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
ZAKU is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacotaco345 View Post
You sir, are an idiot.. Even if the other driver would be at fault why would you intentionally get in an accident? I would rather replace a crossmember than deal with insurance and possibly reshelling a car.
Or more importantly, long lasting health issues.
Old 09-12-2012, 12:13 PM   #13
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
VNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Seriously, is this a tech question/answer thread or therapy? Do you know what really happened or really even care? Just answer the question please. I get there are idiots in this forum but just about everyone else is a fricken life coach.
Old 09-12-2012, 01:03 PM   #14
frsh2fourty

frsh2fourty has a spectacular aura aboutfrsh2fourty has a spectacular aura aboutfrsh2fourty has a spectacular aura aboutfrsh2fourty has a spectacular aura aboutfrsh2fourty has a spectacular aura aboutfrsh2fourty has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to frsh2fourty
I recently had a similar accident for a similar reason. If the tension rod is adjustable then take the car to get an alignment. Tell them the tension rod is adjustable and when they get to adjusting everything they can tell you if the cross member is too tweaked. Luckily the only things that bent were my inner tie rod, flca, and tension rod snapped just like yours but nothing else was messed up so they were able to get everything to spec once I replaced the parts.
Old 09-12-2012, 01:53 PM   #15
Migit240sx
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
I'm hardly mad, I could really give two shits about you or your car. Either way fix the "bent" stuff. I.e. your subframe.

Honestly, I can sympathize with you letting your friend use the car, but don't come in here and bullshit us about "he hit a side walk avoiding an accident"
Just stop talking and stop acting like you're on your rag
You're just putting yourself in a worst position then you already are brah.. Coming in here and talking shit. Like motha fucka, really? Grow the fuck up moron.

And why not? It DID happen? Why would I lie about a bent crossmember and an accident? I mean, I know how it happened... why not share with my zilvia bretheren.

As for the accident itself, she was the influence. So yes, she's at fault. Relaaaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

And btw mods. If you're reading this, move to the right section. We got people like jr_ss mad because it's in the wrong section. lol
Last PS: The car ran a red light causing him to swerve. That is all
Old 09-12-2012, 05:25 PM   #16
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Quote:
Just stop talking and stop acting like you're on your rag
You're just putting yourself in a worst position then you already are brah.. Coming in here and talking shit. Like motha fucka, really? Grow the fuck up moron.
First off, I'm not your brah, bro, or any other forms or implications that I am your brother. Second, I hardly talked shit, unlike yourself. So, if you'd like you can carry on with your meaning less banter or replace your subframe as I and a few others have suggested. Good day sir.
Old 09-12-2012, 05:50 PM   #17
Migit240sx
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
First off, I'm not your brah, bro, or any other forms or implications that I am your brother. Second, I hardly talked shit, unlike yourself. So, if you'd like you can carry on with your meaning less banter or replace your subframe as I and a few others have suggested. Good day sir.
Wassup bro. Bro bro bro bro.
You didn't suggest shit. You ranted about having common since and lying about an accident(?) aka talking shit.
That's all you had to say along with its in the wrong section.
Peace
Old 09-12-2012, 06:03 PM   #18
thefro526
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
thefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
OP, you're an idiot.

You came onto this site and made this thread knowing that you had a bent cross member. Anyone with basic mechanical knowledge would know that the cross member is responsible for the LCA pivot point - which means they'd have replaced it without making a thread.

Now you're clearly just playing games in here for the attention or entertainment.

People like you make me hate the internet.
Old 09-12-2012, 06:27 PM   #19
Migit240sx
Zilvia Addict

Welp, you guys answered my question. Thanks Zilvia
Old 09-12-2012, 06:29 PM   #20
Migit240sx
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefro526 View Post
OP, you're an idiot.

You came onto this site and made this thread knowing that you had a bent cross member. Anyone with basic mechanical knowledge would know that the cross member is responsible for the LCA pivot point - which means they'd have replaced it without making a thread.

Now you're clearly just playing games in here for the attention or entertainment.

People like you make me hate the internet.
I didn't, hence asking the question. Thanks tho

****ACtually, I did. I just wanted to make sure
Old 09-12-2012, 06:31 PM   #21
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
holemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Your "friend" drifted your car into a curb, and made up a big ass elaborate lie about avoiding an accident so you wouldn't blame him. Replace your cross member. And make sure his ass is there doing all the grunt work.
Old 09-12-2012, 06:33 PM   #22
Migit240sx
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by holemilk00 View Post
Your "friend" drifted your car into a curb, and made up a big ass elaborate lie about avoiding an accident so you wouldn't blame him. Replace your cross member. And make sure his ass is there doing all the grunt work.
I have a police report along with other persons info
Old 09-12-2012, 06:36 PM   #23
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
holemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
You're lying, if you were not involved in the accident (which he said he avoided) you have no right to the accident report until after the court date and the 30 day period before it becomes public record. Go ahead, ask me how I know.
Old 09-12-2012, 06:40 PM   #24
Migit240sx
Zilvia Addict

delete deletedelete deletedelete deletedelete deletedelete deletedelete deletedelete deletedelete deletedelete deletedelete deletedelete deletedelete deletedelete deletedelete deletedelete deletedelete deletedelete deletedelete deletedelete deletedelete deletedelete deletedelete deletedelete deletedelete deletedelete deletedelete deletedelete deletedelete deletedelete deletedelete deletedelete deletedelete deletedelete deletedelete deletedelete deletedelete deletedelete deletedelete deletedelete deletedelete deletedelete delete
Old 09-12-2012, 06:47 PM   #25
tdaffern
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
tdaffern is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
delete deletedelete deletedelete deletedelete deletedelete deletedelete deletedelete deletedelete deletedelete deletedelete deletedelete deletedelete deletedelete deletedelete deletedelete deletedelete deletedelete deletedelete deletedelete deletedelete deletedelete deletedelete deletedelete deletedelete deletedelete deletedelete deletedelete deletedelete deletedelete deletedelete deletedelete deletedelete deletedelete deletedelete deletedelete deletedelete deletedelete deletedelete deletedelete deletedelete deletedelete delete
Yes please!!!!! Dee Dee Dee

Check out West Motors for all your automotive needs https://www.facebook.com/WestMotorsAz
Old 09-12-2012, 06:50 PM   #26
zerodameaon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
zerodameaon is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
OP, you and pedobear would be best buddies.
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/475980...ff-center.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKdaMoRoN View Post
Maybe you should petition the retards who are paying 5k for an S13.

Need to adjust your idle?
http://zilvia.net/f/s-chassis/395413...-pictures.html
Old 09-12-2012, 07:18 PM   #27
enkei2k
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (29)
enkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Quote:
Welp, you guys answered my question. Thanks Zilvia
with that said.... i mean...

xquizitditz
Closed Thread