Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-18-2008, 05:09 PM   #1
LA_phantom_240
Nissanaholic!

Location: Louisiana. LA is for Louisiana. L.A. is Los Angeles.
Trader Rating: (2)
LA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
What's it worth?

I found a Zenki shell close to where I live, and I'm wondering how much a fair price for it would be. My Zenki has frame damage beyond my capabilities to repair, and has some other strange issues, so I want a shell to throw my motor and tranny into to have a fully functional Zenki for once.

More about the car (And I'll get pics next time I talk to the owner), Its a 95 base model, I think. It has the sunroof, wing, 4-lug with some cheap American Racing mesh wannabe wheels on it, white, straight body minus one little spot on the arch of the driver's rear wheel. Its an autotradgic (ugh, manual swap ahead), and the car is 100% unmolested mechanically... of course, minus things like the water pump and alternator. I checked out the interior, and though its dusty from not being driven for almost a year, its clean. The clock has 265,XXX miles on it, amazingly. I was told the car doesn't run, and said it probably had a blown headgasket. It has some cheap crossdrilled/slotted rotors, and there doesn't seem to be any rust under the car. I was also told everything works (windows, mirrors, etc.). The car is currently on its second owner, and she said that her sister bought it new in 95, and was well taken care of. It sure shows with that many miles on the clock and the nice body.

How much would be a fair price? In my dream world, I would get it for $500 cause the south doesn't give a FUCK about cars with blown motors unless the owner is an enthusiast... which doesn't seem to be the case. I'm a poor mofo, so I'm thinking that anywhere between free and $1000 would be a good deal for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSideways View Post
Come on, this isn't Gran Turismo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOK
your balls are either ballin, or they aren't... no second hand nut sweat can change that.
3/28/09 Buy this stuff!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/24807...-stuff-fs.html
LA_phantom_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2008, 07:17 PM   #2
Saskacer
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Saskacer is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
$700 sounds good, with it having that many miles on it, automatic, and blown gasket.
Saskacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 08:22 PM   #3
JRas
Zilvia FREAK!

JRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to JRas
$500 doesn't seem very fair

I'd say $800-$900
Old 09-18-2008, 08:30 PM   #4
LA_phantom_240
Nissanaholic!

LA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfection
I talked with him tonight. I made him an initial offer of $750, and we talked for a while and he knows a little something something about 240s. I'm gonna talk to him in person soon. I'm willing to go up to $1200, but that would really be buttraping me... but a shell this clean doesn't come along every day. He says it runs though, quite well in spite of the heater hose blowing causing it to overheat.

I'll see how things go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRas View Post
$500 doesn't seem very fair

I'd say $800-$900
Its all in what you negotiate, my friend.

Quote:
Quote:
your balls are either ballin, or they aren't... no second hand nut sweat can change that.
3/28/09 Buy this stuff!
Old 09-18-2008, 09:49 PM   #5
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
I wouldn't pay over $800, but that's me. The good thing is you have your old car to part out and make a lot of that back.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 09:55 PM   #6
LA_phantom_240
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectRDM View Post
I wouldn't pay over $800, but that's me. The good thing is you have your old car to part out and make a lot of that back.
Actually, I promised a friend of mine I would sell him my shell, sans 5-lug equipment and wheels, and a few other pieces.

Quote:
Quote:
3/28/09 Buy this stuff!
Old 09-18-2008, 10:00 PM   #7
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_phantom_240 View Post
Actually, I promised a friend of mine I would sell him my shell, sans 5-lug equipment and wheels, and a few other pieces.
Ouch. Oh well. For the record I sold my old shell in late 2003 with no glass, subframe, wiring, fuel tank, body panels, interior, drivetrain, or core support, completely gutted just as the car looks coming onto the assembly line, for $400. I RAPED that kid hard. Don't let this guy do the same to you.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 10:36 PM   #8
dm-ka

Trader Rating: (1)
dm-ka is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I picked up a '95 Zenki on monday for $570 with 275,xxx miles on it, all it needs is new fender and prking light. If I were you I wouldn't go more than $800.
dm-ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 10:42 PM   #9
LA_phantom_240
Nissanaholic!

Finding a clean zenki shell is like finding a $5 bill in your ass around here.

I want it. I love white s14s lol.

Quote:
Quote:
3/28/09 Buy this stuff!
Old 09-19-2008, 01:00 PM   #10
SlideWell
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
SlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i bought a 95 s14 SE, sunroof, good motor, but automatic, vandalized interior, 158k miles, silver paint, clean body with no accidents, VIS carbon fiber hood, full authentic c-west kit, front bumper with 3 cracks in it, a greddy muffler welded onto stock exhaust, 5-lug of course, RUCAS, stock struts with lowering springs, shaved antenna, tint, i think thats it. picked it up for $2500 from a friend. so with the car youre describing, id say no more than 800.
SlideWell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 04:01 PM   #11
vodka2
BANNED

Trader Rating: (18)
vodka2 has a spectacular aura aboutvodka2 has a spectacular aura aboutvodka2 has a spectacular aura aboutvodka2 has a spectacular aura aboutvodka2 has a spectacular aura aboutvodka2 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
vodka2 is offline   Reply With Quote