Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 01-06-2014, 12:25 AM   #1
Night drifte89
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Night drifte89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Half 'n Half in the Night

I've been on zilvia for awhile, but this is my first build thread and my first 240sx, before I got my 240 I had a 1999 honda...so this is all new to me. I've always loved cars. And I do all my own mechanical work. So I will try to keep this upto date as much as I can. If you don't like my thread I don't care okay? Don't bash my car or my motor if you have some info that will help or have comments please share. But on to the car!

After I totaled my honda I got more then double of what I had into it. So I looked around asked some friends and my buddy has a 240sx s13. And I said why not. So I looked into 240sx and people all had swapped 240s so I figured why not get a shell and buy a motor and swap it right away. Looked around and I thought sr20 cause they were common and they were cheaper and easy to drift with (so I heard). But I didn't want a 4 cylinder anymore. So I found a 1jzgte and looked them up and fell inlove right away and I purchased one

uploadfromtaptalk1388991080541.jpg

6 hours round trip! Totally worth it tho
.uploadfromtaptalk1388991229530.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1388991264382.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1388991286454.jpg
With a r154. All from a 1991 toyota chaser with 70,000km on it
And I got a koyorad radiator and brand new intercooler pipeing and loads more. I started getting all the swap parts right away like the driveshaft from zerolift and the motor and tranny mounts ect.

So stupid me WHAT AM I GOING TO PUT IT IN! So I only have 500 bucks left!.... so I look around and all good shells are going for about 1500 bucks. So my buddy finds one about 4 hours away. For 500 bucks.
uploadfromtaptalk1388991994729.jpg
I got it for 300 cause it was so rusted out I told them I could spend the rest on trying to fix the rusted out rails! I purchased a two tone! After a long day....(blew out a tire on the trailer and sat for 3 hours)....I got home with it and I pushed it in the garage and I looked at it and said to myself I own a two tone and I'm putting a 1jz in it. DAMN STRAIGHT.

I started by puting the clutch and flywheel on. Pretty smple torqued them to the right specs and everything.
Then I put the tranny on
uploadfromtaptalk1388992455639.jpg
Had the shifter relocate being done too.
uploadfromtaptalk1388992500102.jpg
Got it back with my engine harness. From suspious garage. Efrain did everything for a reasonable price! And it was all A+ work HIGHLY recomended.
Then I found out I had a rear sump oil pan and needed a front sump so I purchased one from them also great price.

I got some headlights off a member for cheap and put them on. (I plan on painting the car TWO TONE again) uploadfromtaptalk1388992823309.jpg
Stil need fenders...:\

This is how the car and motor sits right nowuploadfromtaptalk1388992902563.jpg
I'm figureing out emission and coolant lines right now and I'm finding diagrams online
Night drifte89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links