Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 06-09-2008, 07:22 PM   #1
Poorboy

Trader Rating: (1)
Poorboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quick T25 KADET Question

Hey guys,

I'm in the later stages of preparing for adding turbo power to my KA, and I have amassed almost all the parts needed. I have a question regarding the use of a T25 off of a S13 SR20.

I have the JGS oil line kit, but it doesn't seem to come with any lines for coolant (hence being just an oil line kit) but my question is, do I need to run coolant lines as well? there are 4 ports, two for each I would assume, will the turbo still run fine without the coolant.

If I do need it, what is the best route to go for acheiving this on a KA, where no coolant lines were designed to be run. I would like to have a reliable setup, but if I can run safely without them then I will.

thanks guys, I know its a noobish question, but I dont think I've seen it addressed very often.
Poorboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2008, 11:45 AM   #2
eclipse_dsm
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
eclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
T25 for KA24DET is sized small compare to its displacement but still an excellent turbo for its instant spool and also good for 180 ~ 220whp setup. As for the water lines, I haven't run them on my setup and mine was just fine provided you give have a Turbo timer or just give it a good cool down time after a hard run. Should you run the coolant lines which is great too you can use the water lines that runs through the throttle body and redirect that to your turbo. GL!! FYI I if you some search I'm sure you'll find threads with PICS to get a good idea.
eclipse_dsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 12:45 PM   #3
UNISA JECS
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (40)
UNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 40 reviews
Send a message via AIM to UNISA JECS
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.p...33#post1823733
UNISA JECS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 03:07 PM   #4
pwr-adr
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
pwr-adr is a jewel in the roughpwr-adr is a jewel in the roughpwr-adr is a jewel in the roughpwr-adr is a jewel in the roughpwr-adr is a jewel in the roughpwr-adr is a jewel in the roughpwr-adr is a jewel in the roughpwr-adr is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
T25 on a KA, that is extremely inefficient. I raced my buddys KA-T with a T25 versus my N/A coupe, he pulled for a second in each gear, but I walked above 2krpm. 50 trim hybrids work well with low boost kitty ka-t's.
pwr-adr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 12:09 AM   #5
frosti108
Zilvia Member

frosti108 is just really nicefrosti108 is just really nicefrosti108 is just really nicefrosti108 is just really nicefrosti108 is just really nicefrosti108 is just really nicefrosti108 is just really nicefrosti108 is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to frosti108
although it is better to have coolant going to the turbo, you really dont need it. most guys actually dont run coolant to stock turbos like t25 t28 and t3
Old 06-19-2008, 07:52 AM   #6
jinesz32
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (10)
jinesz32 is a splendid one to beholdjinesz32 is a splendid one to beholdjinesz32 is a splendid one to beholdjinesz32 is a splendid one to beholdjinesz32 is a splendid one to beholdjinesz32 is a splendid one to beholdjinesz32 is a splendid one to beholdjinesz32 is a splendid one to beholdjinesz32 is a splendid one to beholdjinesz32 is a splendid one to beholdjinesz32 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jinesz32
i only run oil lines in mine, no coolant or water.

good luck.
jinesz32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 11:54 AM   #7
Entry Speed
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Entry Speed is just really niceEntry Speed is just really niceEntry Speed is just really niceEntry Speed is just really niceEntry Speed is just really niceEntry Speed is just really niceEntry Speed is just really niceEntry Speed is just really niceEntry Speed is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Good info, I didn't know that about the water lines
Entry Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 12:38 PM   #8
eclipse_dsm
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
eclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwr-adr View Post
T25 on a KA, that is extremely inefficient. I raced my buddys KA-T with a T25 versus my N/A coupe, he pulled for a second in each gear, but I walked above 2krpm. 50 trim hybrids work well with low boost kitty ka-t's.
This I got to see... Most KA24DE-T setup even with T25 turbo put more than enough power to beat if not go toe 2 toe with a stock SR swap with similar turbo. But walked by an NA coupe this I have yet to see, maybe a shot nitrous or an ITB on the NA then that would be a different ball game.
eclipse_dsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 12:51 PM   #9
murda-c
Post Whore!

murda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to murda-c Send a message via MSN to murda-c
Quote:
You walked him above 2krpm?

wtf?
Old 07-06-2008, 11:57 AM   #10
phi_ho1
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (57)
phi_ho1 is making a name for him/her selfphi_ho1 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 57 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to phi_ho1
some good infor for t25 here
phi_ho1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 07:49 AM   #11
s14unimog
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (22)
s14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s14unimog
I ran T25 on my KA-t for two years with no coolant lines.

SHIFTlock_slide to side

d3m3rs0n: if i have a baby im naming it Brandons Fault Emerson
s14unimog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 10:11 AM   #12
SilviaSR20DET
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
SilviaSR20DET is making a name for him/her selfSilviaSR20DET is making a name for him/her selfSilviaSR20DET is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
im was wondering this myself, what do you guys use to block of the coolant port?
SilviaSR20DET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 11:39 AM   #13
awesomenick
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (33)
awesomenick is close to perfectionawesomenick is close to perfectionawesomenick is close to perfectionawesomenick is close to perfectionawesomenick is close to perfectionawesomenick is close to perfectionawesomenick is close to perfectionawesomenick is close to perfectionawesomenick is close to perfectionawesomenick is close to perfectionawesomenick is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Quote:
Yeah, that sounds questionable. Maybe his car isn't tuned at all. When I had my KA-T it ran like complete ass, and I still wasted stock 240's.
awesomenick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 12:48 PM   #14
UNISA JECS
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (40)
UNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 40 reviews
Send a message via AIM to UNISA JECS
Quote:
Something must be really wrong with that KA-T/T25 because that should be impossible.

I know that when I ran my KA24DE-T with stock ECU @ 20* base timing it was only fast during warm/hot days for about 15 minutes then feel flat on its ass but ran better during cold nights or cold days.

I didn't like that because I know the ECU most have been accessing the knock map after 15 minutes or at the same point I lost tons of power.

So I retarded my base timing to roughly 14*degree and the power stood around much longer if not all day hardly dipping unless temps were very high like 100+. Cool/warm day driving and night time driving were emproved 10 times over running a base timing of 20*.
UNISA JECS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 04:15 PM   #15
s14unimog
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (22)
s14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s14unimog
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilviaSR20DET View Post
im was wondering this myself, what do you guys use to block of the coolant port?
you don't have to block it.

SHIFTlock_slide to side

d3m3rs0n: if i have a baby im naming it Brandons Fault Emerson
s14unimog is offline   Reply With Quote