Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 08:14 AM   #1
superbike81
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
superbike81 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Silvia S15 project

I'm in the Air Force, stationed in Japan. Picked up this Silvia S15 Spec-S (auto, N/A) for very cheap, and have started working on it. Had it for a couple months, put suspension on it, wheels/tires (shitty ones, but they'll do for now), DVD player, etc.

Now this weekend started the big project, S15 SR20DET motor being swapped in, along with S14 5-spd mission.

Was only able to work on it for about 1.5 hours tonight after work, hobby shop on base closes at 8pm. Tomorrow I'll be in there at 8am, and working until 9pm when they close.

Drained all fluids, pulled radiator, unhooked misc shit, and started pulling the dashboard. Picked up the RS*R cat-back from UpGarage tonight, only 15,000en ($150), not too bad, looks nearly brand new, just some light scratches on the bottom.

Pics:

Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2008, 08:18 AM   #2
jrocslider
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
jrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
nice project. S15's are beautiful. gl
Old 10-17-2008, 08:22 AM   #3
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
And your still gay....thought you were gonna have Scott do the swap?!?! UMmm...I was in the the impression that wiring between the Turbo harness and NA chassis wont exactly be plug and play. Have you doublechecked on that?

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
Old 10-17-2008, 08:26 AM   #4
superbike81
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
superbike81 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
No, I was always going to do the swap. I bought the motor from Scott. As long as I have the full harness and ECU and ABS ECU (which I have all of) it's plug and play. Checked this with a couple guys who have done the swap in the UK.

The S14 motor in the S15 chassis is not as easy, quite a bit of re-wiring needs to be done.

Just realized I don't have a clutch fork, gonna get one from Michiya tomorrow probably.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:27 AM   #5
aNskY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
aNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to aNskY
cool project.

just curious, whats "very cheap" in usd?
Old 10-17-2008, 08:28 AM   #6
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

Trader Rating: (0)
ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sorry, but we here at Zilvia prefer "Built" Threads as it were, rather then "Building" Threads.

We would prefer you have a good deal of the work finished before starting the Thread. Otherwise these things just drag on for far too long and the Threads get overly cluttered.

Thank you, and enjoy your project.

Closed Thread