Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 06-08-2003, 05:35 PM   #1
Bill Roberts
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
Bill Roberts is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thumbs up Glossary or FAQ for Motorsports leagues?

Would someone be so kind as to either post or provide a glossary of the acronyms of the motorsports catigories so I can actually understand the classifications as you guys speak of them...to make reading more meaningful?

Thank you in advance...AND, if this is somewhere in search (I tried) then please disregard and delete this post.

I think I fit in the a s s class for now. At least of the opposite sex of looking anyways...

Again, a clear thank you in advance.

I tried to edit my misspelling of Motorsports in the title, hope it took.

Last edited by Bill Roberts; 06-08-2003 at 05:38 PM..
Bill Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2003, 10:59 AM   #2
AKADriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
For autocrossing: http://www.moutons.org/sccasolo

In autocross, a 240SX fits into, in order of increasing levels of modification:
G Stock (GS)
Street Touring S (STS)
D Street Prepared (DSP)
Street Modified (SM)

For wheel-to-wheel racing, classing becomes a bit more complicated... in those cases you're better off finding a class that looks fun and buying a car for it, rather than buying a car and finding a class later. The most common places to find a 240SX racing wheel-to-wheel are in the SCCA Improved Touring classes. ITA for the SOHC 240SX, ITS for the DOHC 240SX.
AKADriver is offline   Reply With Quote