Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 08-14-2012, 10:22 PM   #1
iveexcaped3
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
iveexcaped3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
stand up jet skis

anyone ride stand up jet ski's? just bought a 88 js300
seeing if anyone rides these any more
iveexcaped3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2012, 10:26 PM   #2
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Why would you buy one so old
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:17 AM   #3
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
^says the kid on a 240 forum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyyC-PkmTss

Stand ups are super fun!

TougeHero.com l SilviaV8forums.com
0100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:17 AM   #4
future
Post Whore!

future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Makes no sense?

But anyways. I have two 96 Yamahas but they are two sEater sit downs. Still will dust the mojority of jet skies on the lake. But I never understood the stand ups?
Old 08-15-2012, 12:31 PM   #5
ineedone
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
ineedone is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0100 View Post
^says the kid on a 240 forum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyyC-PkmTss

Stand ups are super fun!
All I can think of watching this is this here! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFWT0CPAlO4
ineedone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:57 PM   #6
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Buy an old one because they are dirt cheap on craigslist.

I rented some sit down yamaha wave runners a few weeks ago, first time and it was really fun. I notice the stand up ones are alot smaller, are they as fast?
Old 08-15-2012, 02:10 PM   #7
D.Adams
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
D.Adams is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to D.Adams Send a message via MSN to D.Adams
I use to ride had a 96 650 Kawasaki and a 650 Kawasaki x2 amazing skee's. Had the pump bored out impeller - motor built - pipe and a ride plate on my stand up. My x2 was mostly stock just impeller and a 1" chop off the back.

That video posted is in my home town that's a fun event to go to those guys get fucking crazy.

Need any help pm me I know a lot about stand ups and know people to get hard to find parts.

The build
http://zilvia.net/f/builds-builds-on...u-city-az.html

Owner of NVS Fabrications
D.Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 02:24 PM   #8
Chrischeezer
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
Chrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
haha... that shit looks pretty crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by future View Post
But I never understood the stand ups?
I'm going to take a guess at this but.... the stand-up type you stand up on... there are no seat(s)
Old 08-15-2012, 02:26 PM   #9
future
Post Whore!

But why? Jut sit like normal people lol
Old 08-15-2012, 02:32 PM   #10
Chrischeezer
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
Chrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
most of us are not "normal"..
Old 08-15-2012, 02:34 PM   #11
pogstar
Leaky Injector

pogstar is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a js300 and love it, although I'm getting to the point where I need a bigger motor to push me around haha

pogstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 05:27 PM   #12
iveexcaped3
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Why would you buy one so old
because you can buy them for dirt cheap and its fun to go to the river/lake with

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post
Buy an old one because they are dirt cheap on craigslist.

I rented some sit down yamaha wave runners a few weeks ago, first time and it was really fun. I notice the stand up ones are alot smaller, are they as fast?
some of them haul a*s power to weight ration their 3x lighter than sit downs and can do a 180 practically in one line.
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Adams View Post
I use to ride had a 96 650 Kawasaki and a 650 Kawasaki x2 amazing skee's. Had the pump bored out impeller - motor built - pipe and a ride plate on my stand up. My x2 was mostly stock just impeller and a 1" chop off the back.

That video posted is in my home town that's a fun event to go to those guys get fucking crazy.

Need any help pm me I know a lot about stand ups and know people to get hard to find parts.
i might take you up on that. i just had to rebuild the starter on mine the contact points werent touching. now when i fire it up its like its in WOT without touching any thing. sat for over a year so im guessing a carb clean out and a fresh tank of gas is in need
Quote:
Originally Posted by pogstar View Post
I have a js300 and love it, although I'm getting to the point where I need a bigger motor to push me around haha

that things clean, mine still has all the foam pads on the front and the sides. taking those off when i get new hydro turf. any recommendations for good turf at a decent price?
Old 08-15-2012, 05:46 PM   #13
D.Adams
Post Whore!

k.......................

The build

Old 08-15-2012, 05:52 PM   #14
D.Adams
Post Whore!

Just rebuild it the kits are cheep through any local store i even thing autozona sells the makuni kits.

There are tille mods you can do to get more out. You can take the water box out gain a little more power but you run the risk of water getting in the motor on a tip over. I would do it once you became a better rider. Also look into getting a rite plate and a intake grate maybe a skat trak impeller that will also greatly help If your a big guy that 330 is going to have trouble hauling you around.

Here is a forum that im a member of. Lots of good people and willing to help you on most anything shit load of info to.

X-H2O.com

I hope this helps and remember keep a fire extinguisher on you at all times its a $50 ticket you dont need to pay.

The build

Old 08-15-2012, 06:10 PM   #15
pogstar
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by iveexcaped3 View Post
that things clean, mine still has all the foam pads on the front and the sides. taking those off when i get new hydro turf. any recommendations for good turf at a decent price?
Thanks man! I like blowsion for ordering most stuff for my ski, they've got a huge selection and pretty solid prices

Quote:

Here is a forum that im a member of. Lots of good people and willing to help you on most anything shit load of info to.

X-H2O.com
X-H2O is really good, another good one is pwctoday. I'm a member on both
Old 08-15-2012, 06:45 PM   #16
iveexcaped3
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Just rebuild it the kits are cheep through any local store i even thing autozona sells the makuni kits.

There are tille mods you can do to get more out. You can take the water box out gain a little more power but you run the risk of water getting in the motor on a tip over. I would do it once you became a better rider. Also look into getting a rite plate and a intake grate maybe a skat trak impeller that will also greatly help If your a big guy that 330 is going to have trouble hauling you around.
i was looking at getting the worx maxiloader intake grate for the 440/550, pretty sure its all interchangable? im light, on a good day ill get 150 but 6'0.

X-H2O.com

I hope this helps and remember keep a fire extinguisher on you at all times its a $50 ticket you dont need to pay.
yeah its in there with my reg. dont know if it works or is any good though lol

Quote:
Thanks man! I like blowsion for ordering most stuff for my ski, they've got a huge selection and pretty solid prices

X-H2O is really good, another good one is pwctoday. I'm a member on both
i just signed up for both of them so ill be on that forum probably as much as i am on this one as long as this stand up doesnt give me to many problems
Old 08-15-2012, 07:44 PM   #17
Hellother
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
Hellother is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
But why? Jut sit like normal people lol
Bc submarining in stand ups is fun. And take skill to ride. and they are fucking awsome. don't knock it till you try it.
Is there mud and or oil involved?
Hellother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:28 PM   #18
pogstar
Leaky Injector

Quote:

i just signed up for both of them so ill be on that forum probably as much as i am on this one as long as this stand up doesnt give me to many problems
I think I probably spend an equal number of hours fixing mine as I do riding it lol It's worth it though!
Old 08-15-2012, 08:31 PM   #19
iveexcaped3
Zilvia Addict

lol sounds like my dirtbike..... well it looks like a brand new ebox so i dont think that will be an issue, over the winter might just pull it out and rebuild the whole thing to learn more and have a fresh motor
Old 08-15-2012, 09:06 PM   #20
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
It's all about the SuperJet!
Old 08-16-2012, 06:56 AM   #21
Nissansota240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (21)
Nissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
I think I probably spend an equal number of hours fixing mine as I do riding it lol It's worth it though!

Isn't that the same for 240's haha

My parents just got a lake home so now I have been seriously considering purchasing one to fix up this winter since I'll will have a place to keep it. I like the sit downs but they in no way look as fun as the stand ups that you can do some crazy shit with.
Old 08-16-2012, 09:14 AM   #22
iveexcaped3
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
It's all about the SuperJet!
Yeah but you can't complain about a js300 for less than $200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissansota240 View Post
Isn't that the same for 240's haha

My parents just got a lake home so now I have been seriously considering purchasing one to fix up this winter since I'll will have a place to keep it. I like the sit downs but they in no way look as fun as the stand ups that you can do some crazy shit with.
Their a lot of fun best low cost(so far) thing I've bought in a while
Old 08-16-2012, 09:23 AM   #23
Nissansota240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (21)
Nissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
For those of you that have one, what is a good recommendation on a stand up jet ski to purchase?
Old 08-16-2012, 10:54 AM   #24
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissansota240 View Post
For those of you that have one, what is a good recommendation on a stand up jet ski to purchase?
They are all decent for a newb. It's more how much work do you want to put into it. I like Yamaha but there is a lot of kawi fans out there too.

Buy some wetsuit shorts.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:36 PM   #25
iveexcaped3
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
They are all decent for a newb. It's more how much work do you want to put into it. I like Yamaha but there is a lot of kawi fans out there too.

Buy some wetsuit shorts.
That or just make sure your shorts are tied tight lol
Old 08-16-2012, 01:09 PM   #26
OutlawLui
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
OutlawLui is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
fucking sweet , makes me wanna buy one
Old 08-16-2012, 02:50 PM   #27
S14DB
AFC #1

Quote:
That or just make sure your shorts are tied tight lol
Can still go up your shorts. Need the thickness to not get injured.
Old 08-16-2012, 05:15 PM   #28
iveexcaped3
Zilvia Addict

i was talking about the first timers common mistake and jetting their shorts off..... always funny when anyone does it lol
Old 08-16-2012, 05:30 PM   #29
D.Adams
Post Whore!

Quote:
i was talking about the first timers common mistake and jetting their shorts off..... always funny when anyone does it lol

I have been riding stand up's for over 16 years and i do it every once and a while. sometimes i forget to re tie my shorts after a good fall. haven’t really rode in the last 3 years but that’s due to not owning one.

If i was to get one i would buy a SuperJet they just ride so much better than a kawisaki. We have some local companies that stuff 1200cc engines in these things and they scream. Shit just getting a the conversion plate to put a 650 engine into a js300 hull would be bad ass. But you can only push your pump to a certain level before it wont make you go any faster.

The build

Old 08-16-2012, 05:58 PM   #30
iveexcaped3
Zilvia Addict

someone recommended swapping to a bn/sbn38 carb is it better or whats the difference?