Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 11-05-2007, 09:13 AM   #1
kognition
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (6)
kognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Exclamation Laguna Seca HPDE this Fri/Sat with Time Attack!

Hi everybody, this is an email i received from Redline Track events this morning, Kognition will be there with full team in tow to run the Kognition S14 Silvia in unlimited class. Come out and join us in a great year end event! Media including Speed Channels Redline TV will be covering it all weekend. Meet some new people, learn some new things... you can never regret going to Monterey!
//We wanted to send an email out to everyone on our list to let you know we still have plenty of spots available for both the Friday and Saturday HPDE run groups. You can sign up for just one day or you can sign up for both days. It is VERY rare to find a Saturday HPDE run session at Laguna Seca priced this affordably.

Please help us by spreading the word to all of your friends and associates and post on as many message boards as you can. We don't want anyone to miss this event who would otherwise have come had they known about it. We wont be back to Laguna Seca until next November, and between now and then, you will be hard pressed to find a Saturday HPDE priced this low.

The cost for the Friday & Saturday HPDE is only $600 and the cost for the Saturday Only HPDE is $340. You can find the links to the items in our store here:

http://www.redlinetrackevents.com/cp...?idCategory=24

If you have any questions for us, please do not hesitate to email or call us:

[email protected]

661-992-4384

See you at Laguna! //
kognition is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2007, 11:13 PM   #2
kognition
Premium Member

kognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfection
Just got back, there was way too much crazyness going on at this event. I have some video i will post tomorrow. But this is a shot of me in the corkscrew. I spun here a couple times over the weekend. Nothing blew up, it was a good weekend.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:05 PM   #3
kognition
Premium Member

I almost forgot to mention, that our sponsored 350Z took the street class with 1st place, and a 2nd place in Modified. I think we were 4th in Unlimited. Alot of disqualifications due to the sound limitations at this track. I'll post some pics later today. I ran unlimited, but probably came close to last in my class. I need more power and better tune next season.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:23 PM   #4
UNITEDMASTER
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
UNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Hello ,nice looks like so much fun to be on a world class track. Yea that sound levle deal is such BS when I was there a few months ago with the POC we were doing all kids of $H!T to make sound & most of our cars had 4,yea 4 mufflers on them. At least here you get 3 chances a day to get poped.

MR JACKSON.
UNITEDMASTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 02:26 PM   #5
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
I hate I can't make it out even to watch

Next year I will be there for sure. Probably all the redline events in cali.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:34 PM   #6
kognition
Premium Member

Uh.... yea..... there were sound challenges

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNITEDMASTER View Post
Hello ,nice looks like so much fun to be on a world class track. Yea that sound levle deal is such BS when I was there a few months ago with the POC we were doing all kids of !T to make sound & most of our cars had 4,yea 4 mufflers on them. At least here you get 3 chances a day to get poped.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:36 PM   #7
kognition
Premium Member

Don't think were not all broke from this trip.
EVERYONE was getting black flagged all weekend for sound violations. All the teams were going to Home Depot to make stove pipe mufflers. It was beyond gay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve shadows View Post
I hate I can't make it out even to watch

Next year I will be there for sure. Probably all the redline events in cali.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:51 PM   #8
fromxtor
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
fromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fromxtor Send a message via Yahoo to fromxtor
^^ That sucks, I still havent figured out that I'm doing for an exhaust. I've been thinking about some sort of one piece custom catback. So I cant jump under the car and unbolt it for certain events.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:42 PM   #9
mehsilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
mehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
What kind of bullshit is that. Track with sound violations?

S14 is looking awesome Mike!
mehsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 06:44 PM   #10
projectdrifter
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
projectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to projectdrifter Send a message via Yahoo to projectdrifter
Quote:
Originally Posted by kognition View Post
that pic is amazing tons of han d layed cf.. yumm.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:33 PM   #11
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
That sound limitation has been there at Leguna for over 15 years. In case you never been there, there are actual residents that live just over the hill,so that is how it is. Its 101 or 95db, pretty manageable unless you are running straight pipe, which most race cars do... Oh wellz.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:58 PM   #12
kognition
Premium Member

Thank you,
I think the sound restrictions have something to do with a nature preserve in the area. Because it wouldn't be a human factor, given that it is surrounded completely by hills. I was watching all the cars very carefully, and there was an Evo that had a rear diffuser that was fully straked and very quiet exhaust. The diffuser was helping because i could not see the exhaust. Just a note.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehsilvia View Post
What kind of bullshit is that. Track with sound violations?

S14 is looking awesome Mike!
Old 11-13-2007, 08:00 PM   #13
kognition
Premium Member

Hmm, so it's residents then.
We took an SR'd S13 out there last December for a track day. No violations at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slider2828 View Post
That sound limitation has been there at Leguna for over 15 years. In case you never been there, there are actual residents that live just over the hill,so that is how it is. Its 101 or 95db, pretty manageable unless you are running straight pipe, which most race cars do... Oh wellz.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:55 AM   #14
Relentless350Z
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Relentless350Z will become famous soon enoughRelentless350Z will become famous soon enoughRelentless350Z will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Relentless350Z
UrbanRacer.com has just posted their event coverage and photo gallery from this event...

http://www.urbanracer.com/articles/a...asp?a=2847&z=1