Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 04-03-2008, 10:21 AM   #1
ludakris

Trader Rating: (2)
ludakris is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Rear quarter panel on s13 hatch

I was wondering is it possible to remove the rear quarter panels on the hatch? If it is, is it really hard do? Also if the gurdle underneath the radiator is bent, like pushed in on one side towards the back of the car does that mean i have to get the frame pulled to straighten it back out?
ludakris is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2008, 10:23 AM   #2
cronux
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
cronux is a name known to allcronux is a name known to allcronux is a name known to allcronux is a name known to allcronux is a name known to allcronux is a name known to allcronux is a name known to allcronux is a name known to allcronux is a name known to allcronux is a name known to allcronux is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
quarter panels kind of suck, its like, cut out, cut new one, crimp edge, weld, grind, fill, paint, then realize that you didnt do it perfectly, and go and buy over fenders like you should have to begin with.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:28 AM   #3
ludakris

I would just have done over fenders but the whole thing is fucked from wheel well closer to front of car to the door, the door jams are all bent to shit also. I was hit and run thats why its all fucked up.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:35 AM   #4
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
that actually sounds pretty bad. You might want to rack it to make sure the unibody is still actually straight.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 10:49 AM   #5
ludakris

Now i can take it to a good alignment shop to rack it and check the unibody right?
Old 04-03-2008, 06:49 PM   #6
ludakris

pics of damage

Well here are pics of the damage, any suggestions on what i should do?

Last edited by ludakris; 04-03-2008 at 06:58 PM.. Reason: pics
Old 04-03-2008, 07:01 PM   #7
ludakris

Here i can only upload one for some reason.

Last edited by ludakris; 06-02-2010 at 01:13 PM..
Old 04-03-2008, 08:41 PM   #8
JDMS1lv1a
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (8)
JDMS1lv1a is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
what cronux said^^ but I think its not too bad.Ive seen alot worse get fixed.
Then again that quarter/door jam looks like it'd be hard to fix and get perfect with just pull/bondo,bodywork etc.

idk,cut and weld a new quarter?new door? take it to a body shop
Old 04-03-2008, 10:06 PM   #9
BoostedCoupe
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
BoostedCoupe can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I read somewhere that the corner can actually be removed. No its not just unbolt and bolt a new one up. You can drill out all of the spot welds and the quarte will come off. I have never done this so im not sure on where they all are. This is a really hard way to do it. it would be much easier to just cut it out but you asked how to remove it.
Old 04-04-2008, 06:32 PM   #10
Pacman
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Pacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Time to find a shell. S13's are cheap. A bill like that isn't worth it unless you know body work. Sorry for your misfortune.
Pacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 09:38 AM   #11
Devil Man
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Devil Man is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
yeah thats going to be a pain in the butt big time to fix that one.
Devil Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 06:03 PM   #12
silentstyle1
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
silentstyle1 is just really nicesilentstyle1 is just really nicesilentstyle1 is just really nicesilentstyle1 is just really nicesilentstyle1 is just really nicesilentstyle1 is just really nicesilentstyle1 is just really nicesilentstyle1 is just really nicesilentstyle1 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to silentstyle1
what you need to do is take the door and the hatch off, take all your rubber mouldings of around the door trim, then comes the fun part of finding all of the spot welds, if i remember correctly, there are about 25-30 there should be a crap load on the door frame, about 8 at the wheel well, and probably 10 or more on the inside of the hatch. what you want to do is go to an auto store and ask them for a drill bit for cutting spot welds, it will look basically like a mini drill bit for cutting circles in wood.

You want to drill the spot welds out about half way so that the inner part is still there for you to weld the new one too, after drilling the spot welds out you will need to use a chisel and chisel the two pieces apart.

If you have never done bodywork, it's gonna be really hard to do, and probablly wont come out right at all, in that case your best bet is to bring it to a body shop. If you have done it before, provided there isn't much damage done to the door frame, rocker panel or inner part of the quarter panel it should be a very easy thing to do.

I think the only hard part will be getting the rocker panel off of the bottom of the quarter without doing any damage to it.

Good luck and let me know how it works out for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
Nice to know I've got a 30k VA transformer all to myself with 100A 3-phase if I want to start building Cybertron or something in here.
silentstyle1 is offline   Reply With Quote