Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 12-23-2008, 11:40 PM   #1
BustedS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
so i'm watching Liquid Television...

...and can't express how deeply i wish i'd been born ten years earlier.

Old 12-24-2008, 12:30 AM   #2
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
The only good Aeon Flux was that of Liquid Television.

Also, Beavis & Butthead and The Head got their starts from this. ...or was it The Maxx? Either way, awesome stuff.
mrmephistopheles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 12:38 AM   #3
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
The Head. wikipedia claims The Maxx was on MTV Oddities, which i will now scour the earth for.
also Downtown.
Old 12-24-2008, 01:32 AM   #4
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedS13 View Post
The Head. wikipedia claims The Maxx was on MTV Oddities, which i will now scour the earth for.
also Downtown.
I could've sworn that The Head was on the Oddities show as well?

PS - Here's the link to some Maxx eps.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=av62y6KCpYg
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 01:41 AM   #5
BustedS13
Post Whore!

i hope you like cream of booger soup. that'll teach you to wrap pencil shavings up in paper and sell them to us as illegal cigarettes.

edit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMP9njfyX6U
Old 12-24-2008, 02:01 AM   #6
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
I used to stay up at night and watch all those shows lol
What was the dating show with Jenny McCarthy?
Old 12-24-2008, 08:07 AM   #7
obsolete
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
obsolete is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Singled out. she was def. worth the 20 mins or so.
obsolete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 08:12 AM   #8
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Ah good ol Liquid TV. The only thing that sucked about Aeon Flux was that it seemed like I always caught the same part of it and never got to see the whole thing. Unless there were only like 4 episodes, which I doubt.
Old 12-24-2008, 01:07 PM   #9
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
It's funny to me that as Mtv was commercialized they kind of passed the animation torch to Cartoon Network. Looking back at how much I watched that channel I almost can't believe they air things like Super Jail and Aqua Teen Hunger Force.
Old 12-24-2008, 01:14 PM   #10
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmephistopheles View Post
The only good Aeon Flux was that of Liquid Television.

Also, Beavis & Butthead and The Head got their starts from this. ...or was it The Maxx? Either way, awesome stuff.
Beavis and Butt-head, Æon Flux and The Head, as I remember.

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 01:19 PM   #11
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
random fact... I have the Maxx number 1 sitting in my bedroom signed by Sam Keith...

x comic book nerd here. I also have Spawn #50 signed by Todd McFarlane!
Old 12-24-2008, 04:07 PM   #12
mrflip69
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (19)
mrflip69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
I used to stay up at night and watch all those shows lol
What was the dating show with Jenny McCarthy?
"Singled Out"

Yeah, those were the good days of MTV. Even Real World/Road rules was still tolerable back then :P

Hell, they even played music videos in their entirity.

Head was on Oddities for sure... just look at him lol!

edit: didn't see someone already answered... -_-;
mrflip69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 09:42 PM   #13
BustedS13
Post Whore!

just grabbed MTV Downtown and The Maxx.. good times
Old 12-24-2008, 11:08 PM   #14
bejota180sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
bejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
i remember watching that liquid television! just like everyone said aeon flux, the head and the maxx... i started watching them because of liquid and oddities...

btw... weren't they gonna make some movie about the maxx???
Originally Posted by Taniguchi_Is_#1 View Post
...this is zilvia; prepare to get your feelings hurt.
bejota180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 11:16 PM   #15
KwKouki
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
KwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to KwKouki
DOOOOOOOOOGBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOY!!!!!!!!!

omg man that show was the shit. Aeon Flux was the first animated series that made me go O_O she didnt talk, kicked ass, and always died lol.
Old 12-25-2008, 08:37 AM   #16
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Gosh Damn I miss that!!!
I used to watch this back in the day when I was like 8 y/o.
So many good clips on this.
Old 12-25-2008, 10:08 PM   #17
cwallace12
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
cwallace12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I remember sneaking at night and watching that shit. Aeon Fluxx confused the shit out of me until I got older and could grasp the concept of cloning.
Old 12-25-2008, 10:37 PM   #18
Pank
Post Whore!

Pank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfection
I have literally seen every episode of Liquid Television, back when i was a LITTLE kid.
I THINK i have the video file of all the maxx episodes. If anyone wants it, i'll see what i can do.

also,
doooooooooooooooooooogboyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!! KwKouki is OG

zenki s14---v8 fc rx7
my crappy flickr page (drift cars whoo)
Pank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 12:37 AM   #19
KwKouki
Nissanaholic!

KwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to KwKouki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pank View Post
doooooooooooooooooooogboyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!! KwKouki is OG
lol you wanna get REAL OG, you will remember insivible hands....also MTV AMP was the SHIT
Old 12-26-2008, 07:35 AM   #20
HalveBlue
Zilvia FREAK!

HalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond repute
Used to have Liquid TV and Cartoon Sushi on a couple of VHS tapes I bought back in the late '90s.

They were hard as fuck to find back then. I don't want to know what it's like trying to find them these days.

AMP was fucking awesome, if amazingly sporadic.

Every-once-in-a-while MTV actually produces something interesting.
HalveBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 07:44 AM   #21
shinhed
Zilvia Addict

shinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of light
The thing about Aeon Flux, I just can't forget was the ear tonguing. As a youngin', that show used to give me a bone.
shinhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 08:02 AM   #22
HalveBlue
Zilvia FREAK!

HalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond repute
^freaky deeky!
HalveBlue is offline   Reply With Quote