Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 09-23-2003, 12:59 AM   #1
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
anyone steal from the junkyard?

yes i know it's a sad thing. but what are the things you've stolen from a junkyard? i was able to sneak out the blinker and wiper switches from an s13 there. also that coin tray thing that goes next to the rear defroster button. ooo...im bad. haha.
Old 09-23-2003, 01:18 AM   #2
BeatJunky
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
BeatJunky is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
a rock... found it on the floor... heh...
BeatJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 01:20 AM   #3
CrispMofo
Leaky Injector

CrispMofo is an unknown quantity at this point
I once threw a spring/strut assembly over the fence; went to pick it up outside the yard and the worker chased me out.

I only take small shiet. Why pay? I look at it like: If you're junking a car, I can take parts for free before it hits the junkyard, so it ain't bad to not pay. ??
At least I'm not a car/car parts thief on the streets.
CrispMofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 01:23 AM   #4
BeatJunky
Zilvia Junkie

BeatJunky is an unknown quantity at this point
Stealing is wrong... Mmmkay!

however, i see your point.
BeatJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 01:33 AM   #5
CrispMofo
Leaky Injector

CrispMofo is an unknown quantity at this point
...Junkyards rip you off!!

shoot, if a car is taking up to much space, they crush 'em.
I went to look at an s13 one day; the next week, they slapped another car on top of it and caved in the roof and interior parts.
Put parts in your pocket before they're gone.
CrispMofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 08:57 AM   #6
Bill Roberts
Zilvia FREAK!

Bill Roberts is an unknown quantity at this point
Why Steal?

All you have to do is ask the Junk yard supervisor...

Like for example...you know what you want that is major off the car. After you get a price for what you want...ask what you can get a few plastic items for. Many times they will just give them to you.

Sorry folks, karma dictates that stealing is wrong. Ask and you shall receive.

I once needed a brake hanger for my old Mazda truck. I asked if it would cost me alot for the door panels and the seat while I was at it. The super said , give me a ten. I then said, how about the cig lighter and the inner mechanism clips...he said, 20 bucks I could have both complete doors and the seat, and anything else I needed that was cosmetic. Just ask, you may be surprised. I got more than I asked for. Make friends with the junk man..he will treat you right.
Bill Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 09:00 AM   #7
ca18guy
Premium Member

ca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfection
Never took a real part.... did steal a small 'Turbo' decal off a car. It was cool looking, me and my freinds but a thin magnet on the back and stuck it on cars that would make no sense being turbo People actually would ask if some of the cars were turbo
ca18guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 09:13 AM   #8
andrave
BANNED

andrave is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to andrave
I have had problems keeping interior fasteners for my car so whenever I got to a yard I fill the bottom of my tool box with them. I will also often take some spare fuses. But then again I pay for whatever I came there to get, too.
The junkyard gets these cars for 50 bucks or less, usually. So when I pay 50 bucks for a hood I just paid for the car, and I feel obligated to get whatever I neec.
andrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 09:15 AM   #9
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
no need to steal...

most of the time the owner of the junkyard will practically give the parts away. For example I got a crap load of interior piece for only $42....when every I got usually goes for $100+
Old 09-23-2003, 09:20 AM   #10
240Driver39
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
240Driver39 is making a name for him/her self240Driver39 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 240Driver39
ive pocketed a few small things, like clips for interior pieces or an axle seal piece i needed, lotta bolts, but i guess those are considered part of wht im grabbin. I always buy other bigger stuff, and u pay to get in, ive gone there a lot, so they've made a nice share off me.
Old 09-23-2003, 09:53 AM   #11
Zemus
Nissanaholic!

Zemus is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Zemus
Ive stole a nissan emblem.

I dont think stealing is right when it comes to junk yards, all the people are so cool, and I buy tires from them ALL THE TIME, come on 70$s for a set of full tread 205/60/15s thats a freaking steal :-D.

Istead of stealing do this, HAGGLE, haggle is like stealing but its legal :-D
Zemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 05:42 PM   #12
Fastback180
Zilvia Addict

Fastback180 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Fastback180
Quote:
Originally posted by CrispMofo
...Junkyards rip you off!!
Not mine!!!
Old 09-23-2003, 05:53 PM   #13
s14
Leaky Injector

s14 is an unknown quantity at this point
yesssssss

some junk yards rip u off, most of them let me take mad stuff for free...But, i always come out with something in my pockets, like over the past 2 days, i got my windshiled wiper fluid motor, interior pieces, whoooooooooooooole crap load of bolts, and i havee stolen numerous "old school" rubber shift boots for my s14 (so nice)from diff cars, and i have about 13 diff shift knobs sitting in my garage, lolol, if any of u guys need some s14 interior pieces let me know, ill see what i can get
Old 09-23-2003, 08:38 PM   #14
96SEChick
Nissanaholic!

96SEChick is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Bill Roberts
Why Steal?

All you have to do is ask the Junk yard supervisor...

Like for example...you know what you want that is major off the car. After you get a price for what you want...ask what you can get a few plastic items for. Many times they will just give them to you.

Sorry folks, karma dictates that stealing is wrong. Ask and you shall receive.

I once needed a brake hanger for my old Mazda truck. I asked if it would cost me alot for the door panels and the seat while I was at it. The super said , give me a ten. I then said, how about the cig lighter and the inner mechanism clips...he said, 20 bucks I could have both complete doors and the seat, and anything else I needed that was cosmetic. Just ask, you may be surprised. I got more than I asked for. Make friends with the junk man..he will treat you right.
I agree 100%. This works even at the parts department at your local dealership. The bodyshop I work at usually gets 20% off cost for our parts. I needed a couple things for my car last week, and the parts guy gave me 30% off - 20% for working at the bodyshop, and 10% for just being a good customer. I've referred friends there and they've mentioned it, and I get almost every part I need there, so they take care of me. The same goes with the salvage yards I call for parts - they work me hella deals on parts for our '89 Acura Legend. Too bad there's not a single S14 in a single junkyard in Tulsa!!
'00 WS6 Trans Am Bright Red 6-speedFOR SALE - only 29k miles, stock, fully loaded, only $23,999 (NADA $26300)

Green Country Motorsports
Northeastern Oklahoma SCCA
96SEChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 09:09 PM   #15
deviousKA
Zilvia Junkie

deviousKA is making a name for him/her selfdeviousKA is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to deviousKA
my friend was the worst for doing this. there is a yard about 50 miles away where you can drive in. all i know is a chevy s10 tailgate will fit behind a toyota truck seat
deviousKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 09:18 PM   #16
KiDyNomiTe
Post Whore!

KiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to KiDyNomiTe
Geez some of you have stolen a lot of stuff. I mean I have taken a couple bulbs from a cluster before, but it was more of I put em in my pocket cuz I had to look some more, and forgot.

But I they did let me take a few things that were missing for free.

Some junbkyards are cool, some aren't. Most pick and pulls are fair on prices. Which reminds me I need to go over to a junkyard a friend told me of.

And Lauren S14s are rate everywhere. Suprisingly enough there is one in a junkyard near me. A kouki I believe, but its front is torched. Still need to check and find out if its got an LSD.
Old 09-23-2003, 10:13 PM   #17
Nerfdude
BANNED

Nerfdude is an unknown quantity at this point
heh, anything and everything that fits in my pockets. i've stolen emblems, interior pieces, my ashtray, shiftknobs, bolts galore. i have like 40 honda H's lined up on my wall... it's fun to tell people i just walk around parking lots with a flathead screwdriver
and then there's bigger stuff, too... i stole a throttle body for my lebaron a few years ago. and yeah, i've pulled the toss-it-over-the-fence thing, as well. got new rear seats for the 'baron in that fashion...
but i was 16 when i stole big items. now i'm 19 and have a job that pays decent.. well, as decent as a college student's job can pay.
Nerfdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 12:52 AM   #18
Andrew Bohan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Andrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
i went to a junkyard once and borrowed some tools to get parts with
then when i got home i found the tools in my pocket
WHOOPS
went back the next day and put em on a table they had outside cause no one was around hehe
Andrew Bohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 06:34 AM   #19
Uniac
Zilvia Member

Uniac is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Uniac
took a power mirror button, was missing on both mine, go figure
Uniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 06:46 AM   #20
russian
Zilvia FREAK!

russian is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to russian
i would but theres no wrecked 240sx ever in any of em in my area. ****....
Old 09-24-2003, 06:57 AM   #21
chokudoriS13
Zilvia FREAK!

chokudoriS13 is making a name for him/her selfchokudoriS13 is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to chokudoriS13
I took a hood hinge bolt... But when I got home, it was missing from my pocket :hammer:... Now I have to go and steal another one.
Old 09-24-2003, 11:02 AM   #22
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
i was on the verge of taking a steering wheel from an s14, but i got an s13 and don't want any small conversions haha. also found a mess of quarters in a jaguar's cointray.
Old 09-24-2003, 12:37 PM   #23
96SEChick
Nissanaholic!

96SEChick is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by dutchmalmiss
i was on the verge of taking a steering wheel from an s14, but i got an s13 and don't want any small conversions haha. also found a mess of quarters in a jaguar's cointray.
Now, I don't see anything wrong with taking money left in a salvage car. The owners are given the chance to remove their belongings from the car, so that's their own damn fault....hehe....Actually I think it's pretty funny that you found change in a junkyardcar.
'00 WS6 Trans Am Bright Red 6-speedFOR SALE - only 29k miles, stock, fully loaded, only $23,999 (NADA $26300)

Green Country Motorsports
Northeastern Oklahoma SCCA
96SEChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 01:31 PM   #24
-E-
Post Whore!

-E- is an unknown quantity at this point
I went with my friend to a junky yard and we came across a front corner lens from a 91 Talon that he needed. So we ended up stuffing the lens in an old nasty pillowcase that we found in one of the cars. We ended up throwing it over the fence but it got stuck in the barbwire we went around the block and he climbed a 10ft fence to get it free while I kept a look out for NY's finest

Last edited by -E-; 09-24-2003 at 01:34 PM..
-E- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 03:30 PM   #25
TheSparo
Zilvia FREAK!

TheSparo is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to TheSparo
the junkyards ive been to rip u off like a mother, they look up the price from nissan, and jus tcut it in half... i was pissed they didnt even look at the condition..
Old 09-24-2003, 04:55 PM   #26
zeclik

zeclik is an unknown quantity at this point
I dunno, the junkyard I deal with got pretty good deal (25% of retail) + They got those crazy dogs in the junkyard, so I guess I wont try it
zeclik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 07:51 PM   #27
bob marley
Leaky Injector

bob marley is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to bob marley
I've been to quite a few junkyards. Some suck by charging too much and some are fair.

I have nothing to complain about really. All the parts I have bought were next to nothing. Hell, I got a pair of nice s14 seats with rails for $15 (20 and some core return stuff).
bob marley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 09:18 PM   #28
king_johnthegreat

king_johnthegreat is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to king_johnthegreat
All in one trip, with one pass, I managed to get out a compete shift lever/knob, throttle cable, throttle bracket, ground cable, all of the fasteners for the intake manifold, a throttle postion sensor, and a few plugs off of the harness ON MY PERSON; and to top it off, I stopped at the counter to inquire how much the small bracket bolted to the firewall I had in my hand would cost. It was a cable guide, or something; I didn't even need it. The guy told me to just take it, I busted out laughing; he must of thought I was insane. Little does he know...
John
king_johnthegreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 10:17 PM   #29
Emperiorjack
Leaky Injector

Emperiorjack is an unknown quantity at this point
i once stole a whole car. it was a s13 with the rear crushed end in. i pulled my truck back there hooked it up with chains and dragged it all the way back to my house(about 5 miles away).

okay not really but it sounded good.
Emperiorjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 04:15 PM   #30
TRUENOCOUPE
Nissanaholic!

TRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymore
Send a message via AIM to TRUENOCOUPE
Whatever fits on the pocket... its free.
TRUENOCOUPE is offline   Reply With Quote