Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Reviews Forum > Businesses

Businesses Review your dealings with commercial entities here. Remember: Fair and objective. Flaming, accusations, and complaints are not allowed. Zilvia is not a grievance forum.

Old 05-25-2008, 09:40 PM   #1
SlidewayzDotNet
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
SlidewayzDotNet is on the path to ruinSlidewayzDotNet is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Travis@88ROTORS

Not a good seller. Bought brembo rotors from this guy that is so called sospose to be brand new front and rear. I got the rotors and the boxes were open and beat to hell. And they were dipped in some type of so called anti rust stuff. Guess what it rain and the rotors got rusted pretty bad. And i did not ask him to do this for me at all he went on his own free will to do this. Also one set is Brembos and the other set is some other garbage eBay rotors. Good luck and don't buy from this guy. worst rotors over and not even what you ask for.
SlidewayzDotNet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2008, 02:20 AM   #2
Ozzyb

Trader Rating: (0)
Ozzyb is making a name for him/her selfOzzyb is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
88rotors is a fine seller. I bought from him and so did a local buddie of mine. SlidewayzDotnet can not be trusted. I sold him new Tein tension rods for 150$ (100$ cheaper then MSRP) and just today he does a paypal claim saying he didn't receive his product. Well guess what, he did. Tracking number# CE399789219CA , www.canadapost.ca . He lied numours times to paypal too. Again, 88rotors is a good seller, Slidewayzdotnet is just a very very poor buyer that can't be trusted. I've emailed numours admins to try to get this member removed from Zilvia and I hope it works.
Ozzyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 05:18 PM   #3
stinky_180
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
stinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to stinky_180
sent payment on Jun. 25, 2009
didn't have brembo slotted rotors in stock
once in stock they said they shipped it out 06-30-2009
kept checking ups for updates, only to show that the label was printed and paid for.
checked back the following monday (one week later; july 6); said that ups lost my package and that they will file a claim and resend my item.
interesting enough, the same ups tracking number/label was re-used for my package (when you file a claim with ups, you can't reuse the same label). makes me think that they didn't even ship my item...
so i get it the next day, since we're both in southern california, and they sent the wrong front rotors.
i send the front rotors back and they get it the next day.
i called and confirmed that they have received my package and that they will send the correct front rotors back the same day.
next day, i get my tracking number.
day after, no package on my door and no updates on ups.
travis stated that for some reason ups didn't pick up the package and that they will pick it up that same day.
got it the next day

ALMOST 1 entire month to successfully complete my order. i didn't think i would have this much trouble with them. they were good at communication. im happy with my product, and glad that i have everything i ordered. will i do business with them? yes and no; i wont have them ship me anything but i would go ahead and do a local pick up instead.

will be buying their tires that are on sale within the coming weeks.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:34 PM   #4
ImPLiCiTS14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
ImPLiCiTS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ImPLiCiTS14
bought 2 falken tires over a week ago from him no responce and it shows he has been on forums recently.
ImPLiCiTS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 08:30 PM   #5
LifePlazaCircuit
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (36)
LifePlazaCircuit is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
purchased tires & brakes through him before no problems very helpful..

would definitely do business again
LifePlazaCircuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 11:30 AM   #6
ReaperKouki
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
ReaperKouki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ReaperKouki
purchased tires a little over a week ago from 88rotors...they came in, no problem, good customer care.

purchased rotors and pads on Friday, the 21st...recieved the pads and rotors this morning, Monday the 24th. Very quick shipping, no problems.
ReaperKouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 03:13 PM   #7
rc1honda
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
rc1honda is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I had a relaitivley large buy form 88 rotors and had a positive experience for the most part.

I bought 4 Falken Ziex 912's
Z32 26mm Front rotors (drilled and slotted) and pads
rear s13 rotors drilles and slotted.

Well the rear rotors he sent me were wrong, and the boxes that they came in were also kinda of beat up, but the product inside was brand new and very nice. So i called him and told him the rears were z32 instead of s13 he told me to send them back and he would send out the others. Got the new ones in less then a wekk and the fit perfect and were very nice rotors with good hawk pads. And the front rotors were nice as well and the price was right.

Good overall experience and when 88 made a mistake they did what they had to do to make it right. I think people will make mistakes, it's how it gets handled that seperates a good business from a chop shop.
Would buy from again. If i were you i would call them and be patient and im sure you will get the right stuff sent to you.

LOL looks like the OP is tryting to take some the spotlight off himself and badmoouth another company. LMFAO PWNED by 2nd post.
rc1honda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 03:22 PM   #8
xpertsnowcarver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (44)
xpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
I had a smooth transaction with them. Called them up. Told them what I needed. They said they had to wait for a shipment to come in. I called back a week later when they said they would have it. They did. I stopped by to pay and pick it up. And that's it.

I had bought Brembo blanks for a 05 lexus es330. Yes, one box was pretty beat up and looked like water spilled on it and on the rotor. I cleaned the rotor with brake cleaner before installing (like your supposed to) and it cleaned up very well.

Overall, good transaction.

My YouTube Channel
xpertsnowcarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 10:48 PM   #9
lou's40sx
BANNED

Trader Rating: (54)
lou's40sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Had bad experience from 88 rotors TWICE!

Though the prices are pretty good, the rotors are okay, and they are local.
TWICE, they made horrible mistakes on giving wrong items. I guess you do get what you're paying for. Both time dealt with Travis.

1. First time was wrong rotors - Refunded in full
2. Gave me wrong items in correct box. Part was not even close. Parts ordered for 240sx and got probably European. Very disappointed.

I guess the third time, it's Ebay for me. At least Ebay is $10-$20 cheaper and not waste time..

Price: A
Reliability/Dependability: D-
Product: B+
In store customer help: A

Overall: C+
lou's40sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 10:13 AM   #10
hear_no_evo

hear_no_evo is an unknown quantity at this point
i have purchased 2 sets or rotors along with 2 sets of HID's and i have only had 1 issue with the HID's being the wrong ones in the right box but he is prompt to fix any issues. i would def recomend
hear_no_evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 10:46 AM   #11
amdnivram
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (16)
amdnivram is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to amdnivram
Bought some rotors earlier this week. They gave me the wrong ones, but they exchanged them for the correct ones an hour after I called. Even if there are mistakes they have great customer service and fix whatever maybe wrong

http://silaudrey.blogspot.com/
amdnivram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 01:29 PM   #12
bradass
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (42)
bradass is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
I've ordered 2 sets of rotors from Travis, fast shipping, smooth transaction. I got my rotors pretty quick too. I would do business again fo sho!
Old 04-09-2010, 10:43 PM   #13
Patrick Bowering
Leaky Injector

Patrick Bowering is an unknown quantity at this point
I ordered a full set of rotors they showed and quick and all went well until I tried to put the fronts on. They were to big. So I called travis he said yes he would repay me the 75 bucks for return shipping, So I shipped the rotors back and it has now been about 6 weeks. I have tried to talk to him and more often then not get put on hold for 15 minutes and get fed up and hang up when I try to call back I get no answer. I have tried over and over to try to get my rotors and shipping refund and I know they are aware of the problem as I have talked to them a few times only to be put on hold for 15 minutes and never returned to. I just want my parts and refund but I keep getting ignored. Sorry for the horrible grammer I am just a little frustrated.
Patrick Bowering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 04:43 PM   #14
fohahz
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
fohahz is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fohahz
Purchased some toe rods from 88. Items arrived in the next 3 days. Fast shipping, great communication, and really nice prices. Will definitely do business with them again.

Thank you very much Travis and the 88 rotors crew.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:08 PM   #15
Patrick Bowering
Leaky Injector

Patrick Bowering is an unknown quantity at this point
Tried again to call. the answered one of about 20 calls i have been callin about 20 times a day monday to friday and they answer my calls once a day and put me on hold until I hang up. I am on hold for atleast 15 minutes everytime and i am calling internationally I just want my rotors or atleast my money back I do not understand why they will not deal with this.
Patrick Bowering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 12:53 AM   #16
darkevildrifter
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
darkevildrifter is close to perfectiondarkevildrifter is close to perfectiondarkevildrifter is close to perfectiondarkevildrifter is close to perfectiondarkevildrifter is close to perfectiondarkevildrifter is close to perfectiondarkevildrifter is close to perfectiondarkevildrifter is close to perfectiondarkevildrifter is close to perfectiondarkevildrifter is close to perfectiondarkevildrifter is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to darkevildrifter
orderd brembos and gottem but them openned the box and found 2 left front rotors even so the boxs said fr and fl ..by the time i found out it was too late to return them cause i left them sitting in my storage for 6 months
darkevildrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 12:57 AM   #17
darkevildrifter
Zilvia Addict

darkevildrifter is close to perfectiondarkevildrifter is close to perfectiondarkevildrifter is close to perfectiondarkevildrifter is close to perfectiondarkevildrifter is close to perfectiondarkevildrifter is close to perfectiondarkevildrifter is close to perfectiondarkevildrifter is close to perfectiondarkevildrifter is close to perfectiondarkevildrifter is close to perfectiondarkevildrifter is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by hear_no_evo View Post
i have only had 1 issue with the HID's being the wrong ones in the right box but he is prompt to fix any issues. i would def recomend
wow not the first time this is happened right box wrong stuff..also i know most of you dont have dial calipers but when you buy thier rotors i would use them..another friend of mine has and they were BRAND NEW at thier min.thickness..sounds fishie
Old 04-14-2010, 03:19 PM   #18
darkevildrifter
Zilvia Addict

travis contacted me and told me they would fix it..thats pretty cool of him
Old 07-13-2010, 11:48 PM   #19
cc4usmc
Post Whore!

Location: Formerly Elk Grove/the916/95758/NorCal - Now teh 970
Trader Rating: (19)
cc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
I placed an order last Monday for some rotors and received my package today. Didn't get the tracking info until today, when I PM'd Travis to check the status. I'll update this post if anything is out of order. As far as I'm concerned, they get an A from me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s141996 View Post
is this exhaust california friendly? thnx lmk
cc4usmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 07:41 AM   #20
aziankingz
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (28)
aziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really nice
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
88rotors is very legit and quick shipping.. ordered wednesday, got 4 rotors friday.. will do business with again!
aziankingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 10:44 AM   #21
Chaluska
Zilvia Addict

Chaluska is an unknown quantity at this point
88rotors, id recommend them!

Just got done with my 2 transactions with Travis @ 88rotors.com

I ordered Z32 DRILLED ONLY 4 lug re-drilled rotors, along with 02+ Altima rear drilled rotors (for z31 rear brakes)

i received my Z32 rotors in a very timely fashion, they arrived exactly as anticipated, and fit like oem. the 4 lug bolt pattern was spot on, and slid on like a glove.

I then ordered the Altima rear rotors, and ended up recieving a set of drilled AND SLOTTED rotors. This is not a big problem, as my car was not down, and didn't NEED them right off the bat. a quick email to Travis, and he had a new set of drilled ones whipped up and sent down to me.

being the good Samaritan that i am, i sent back the old rotors, and he even re-reimbursed me for shipping!

i will be going through 88 rotors from now on for ANY rotors for my own personal vehicles, as well as any friends / family members that are looking for replacement stuff.

I recommend them 100%
Chaluska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 12:18 PM   #22
KOME
Zilvia Addict

KOME is an unknown quantity at this point
Ordered rear drilled and slotted Z32 rotors and pads. Got them within a week. I'm only speaking for myself, but good seller and very good product.
KOME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 12:26 PM   #23
curbhuggerrps13
Zilvia Addict

curbhuggerrps13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to curbhuggerrps13
good seller got wheels and other misc items from 88rotors. had no problems
curbhuggerrps13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 06:14 PM   #24
FU12
Zilvia Member

FU12 is an unknown quantity at this point
88Rotors is a great seller. I wasn't comfortable ordering on the website so I asked Travis to call me. He helped me order over the phone on Friday, rotors were here by tuesday. Will buy from 88rotors again.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:27 PM   #25
zspeedrft
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (54)
zspeedrft is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Legit seller....travis is a cool dude...highly recommended