Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 01-19-2014, 09:01 PM   #1
sr20det1989

Trader Rating: (0)
sr20det1989 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My 1995 180sx sr20 build

Whats up ladies,

Ive owned my 95 180sx for the past 3 years, and never really posted anything on a forum, but since I've started a fresh rebuild on the sr20 i figured id share the journey. Let me know what you guys think, lets start by listing the parts I have collected over a little while. I'm looking for 300-350whp, but reliability is a huge factor for me, i don't want 350whp with headaches and sketching out over taking the car to Wasaga beach for the weekend because im scared ill brake down on the highway. I know some of the parts im putting in are slightly overkill for a 350whp sr20, but like i to sleep well at night knowing that the motor will be solid. Lastly, no the 180sx is not a daily driver, i have my beloved 2004 accord to drive daily so the 180sx will be a summer/weekend driver. Also i don't really beat on my car, nor do i track it, i love this car too much to put it through that shit, and the car itself is in amazing shape all original paint etc...So if any of you wanna know why i want that kind of power if im not really gonna use it to its full potential its because i like to give it from time to time and the sr20 the way it sits now isn't that exciting anymore. Well sorry for the long intro, lets start with what i have...

I will be going with original springs/retainers

Tomei Poncams

Tomei RAS

Tomei Headgasket (87x1.2)

ARP Head Studs

ARP Main Studs

Manley H-Beam Rods (i know i know its not necessary but why not, the motor is getting pulled apart)

CP Forged Pistons (86.5, 9:1 comp) (i know i know its not necessary but why not, the motor is getting pulled apart)

OEM Gasket set (every single gasket is getting replaced)

FR Sport timing chain kit

Tomei M7960 kit

Power FC L Jetro

ACL Bearings/Washers

Mishimoto Rad

Deatschwers 550cc injectors

Cant think of anything else off the top of my head.

Let me know what you guys think..

Suggestions ??
sr20det1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2014, 08:55 AM   #2
revolutionz_fd
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (-1)
revolutionz_fd is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: -1 reviews
I'm in the same spot as you. I have a 94 FD and am sick of rotaries and am now putting an SR20 in my FD. I have the motor and it's all torn down now and just like you want to make around 320-350whp and be reliable that I can drive it places and not have to worry. I'm trying o see what EMS to run or a Nistune. Don't know which is better to run. I have the same pistons as you and a new rebuild kit replacing every gasket and seal possible. I'm new to this whole SR20 and am doing a lot of reading and trying to figure out which is the best set-up for some good power and reliability.
revolutionz_fd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 12:11 PM   #3
Shopety2012
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
Shopety2012 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
What do you think that short block combo is good to? The cp and manleys? Since it's not needed at 350, what would you say it's good to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Shopety2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 12:32 PM   #4
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
So um...you have any build pictures to go along with this thread?
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote