Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-23-2014, 04:08 PM   #1
SR2oD3T
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
SR2oD3T is making a name for him/her selfSR2oD3T is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via MSN to SR2oD3T
full track drift car alignment spec

first i have a s14 base. been drifting for a while and now i m gonna turn it to a track only drift car. been running almost everything stock except coilover, so i can only play with the camber. the spec i have now is:

front:
-3 camber
stock toe
stock caster (cus is not adjustable now)

rear:
-2 camber
stock toe
stock caster

i wanna have more angle and fix the bump steering problem so i ordered a couple of things and ready to put on:
nismo front brace
pbm s14 pro knuckles
pbm s14 FLCA with tension rod combo
pbm inner tie rod
pbm solid steering bushing with 5mm offset

will install everything after the car come back from a full rebuild. just wanna get some opinion from u guys for a full track only drift car setting

my plan will be:

front
-4 or -4.5 camber (so i get more control while sideway as the front tire will touches the ground more at angle)
stock toe (more leaning to toe in to have better turn in?!)
8 caster (not sure about the stock number, should i go more to get the steering wheel return faster?!)

rear:
-1 or -1.5 camber (wanna have a more even wear on the rear so i dont have to change it out often, i m running a s15 sr20)
stock toe (not sure does it really matter or not)
stock caster (not sure either)

as i said, this car wont see anything but track. i know alignment setting has a lot to do with preferance, but i still wanna hear some opinion and experience. thanks.

KELvin
SR2oD3T is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2014, 05:09 PM   #2
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (115)
DJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 115 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJPimpFlex Send a message via MSN to DJPimpFlex
I run about that camber up front. Caster in the front for me is adjusted based on feel rather than a number. I make sure I don't over center but also make sure to run as much as I can and dial the bump stops on the LCA's in to that.

For the rear run 0 camber or even positive a little bit so when you squat you get even tire wear. Don't run any negative. Stock toe and adjust your traction rods based on your horsepower. If you want more traction shorten them; less, make them longer. Be sure to check clearance on your axle boots as traction rods can rub against them and ruin your day.
Old 06-24-2014, 01:10 AM   #3
SR2oD3T
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
SR2oD3T is making a name for him/her selfSR2oD3T is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via MSN to SR2oD3T
Thanks. That's some good advise. I'll go less on rear camber cus I have enough power to spin the rear wheels.
Will need to play around the front more to have more angle.
SR2oD3T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 02:41 AM   #4
Croustibat
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
Croustibat is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Or you could just run way less caster, this way you need way less static camber to keep your tire flat on the road when going opposing lock. The good thing this way is you will ALSO keep your tire flat on the road when you are NOT at full opposing lock

You lose a bit of self centering, yes. But the grip you get from that is totally worth it.

Remember when you said you were going for a drift car only ? It means you need a drift car setup, not a grip car setup.

BTW you need longer rear traction rods if you want to get rid of rear bumpsteer too.
Croustibat is offline   Reply With Quote