Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-15-2015, 02:39 PM   #1
supradeluxe
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
supradeluxe is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
s14 Extreme Dimension (DMAX style) Hood *Fitment Review*

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has this hood or know of its fitment quality? Its about 500 for the fiberglass version, the cheapest hood on ebay for the vented style. I do not want to spend 600+ for the VIS dmax hood if both fitment is good.

Picture of hood:

supradeluxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2015, 02:56 PM   #2
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I believe there is an extreme dimensions thread on here. I can say from my experience with their fenders, hood, bumper, overs
It all fits like trash.

If your only intention is to drift and destroy the aero its a good choice. However if you are interested in your car looking nice, look elsewhere.
Old 11-15-2015, 06:27 PM   #3
Mongomery1234
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Mongomery1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
If you buy extreme dimensions I strongly suggest you locating a suitable sized dumpster you can toss the box in when it arrives in the mail. Not even worth opening and VIS isn't that much better either but at least its not ED. Don't skimp on body parts they are either going to require as much money in prep to make fit as the real deal do out of the box (and still look horrible) or going to be not even worth the time or money to make fit to begin with. If you must buy vis but honestly I would look elsewhere. Buy from RHD japan or something along those lines quality products don't cost that much extra.
Mongomery1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 06:37 PM   #4
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

turboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymore
turboshoebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 06:44 PM   #5
Mongomery1234
Leaky Injector

The only thing extreme about their dimensions are the extent they will be to not fitting your car as stated Im the picture above.
Old 11-15-2015, 06:49 PM   #6
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
*waits for Dumpster Dimensions rep*
They'll probably say something like "If you have any problems just let us know and we will replace them! "
Which really means
"Damn, we're sorry we sent you stock we knew was garbage first in hopes that you would modify or not notice the poor quality and fitment so we could give you the shaft"
Old 11-15-2015, 06:49 PM   #7
supradeluxe
Leaky Injector

lmao I was hoping someone with the hood would be able to defend them but guess its looking bad
Old 11-15-2015, 06:50 PM   #8
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
I was a bit confused at the picture used... Anyways, it's crap, and I'd save your pennies for the real deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongomery1234 View Post
If you buy extreme dimensions I strongly suggest you locating a suitable sized dumpster you can toss the box in when it arrives in the mail. Not even worth opening and VIS isn't that much better either but at least its not ED. Don't skimp on body parts they are either going to require as much money in prep to make fit as the real deal do out of the box (and still look horrible) or going to be not even worth the time or money to make fit to begin with. If you must buy vis but honestly I would look elsewhere. Buy from RHD japan or something along those lines quality products don't cost that much extra.
...And we are done here...

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 06:52 PM   #9
tlieberman240
Leaky Injector

tlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud of
The real thing is only like $100 more. Just spend it and do it right the first time.

Extreme Dimensions has garbage fitment, and you'll spend forever doing prep and fixing errors so it doesn't look like crap after it's painted.
Old 11-15-2015, 07:25 PM   #10
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
hold out and but the real thing. you'll be grateful later.
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 08:09 PM   #11
Mongomery1234
Leaky Injector

If you're waiting for someone to chime in on good fitment you'll see the ED guy come in shortly like the koolaid man from the wall. He will tell you it fits perfect.
Old 11-15-2015, 09:54 PM   #12
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I have a bipolar disorder and currently the second personality is driving this meat train. I'm a mean asshole. I will hack your bank accounts and your webcam and home security system. I will know the second your delivery driver slams your package and leaves it at your front door.
I'm gonna keep tabs on you. I will know the exact second that you go to test fit that hood on your whipmobile drift slut and I will hear you when you faintly whisper "oh fuck"

And I'm gonna laugh as you try to return it so you can go buy it from Chaser Aero and not even receive a product to bitch about.

I'm gonna laugh. And laugh. And chuckle.
My vessel will not understand the random laughter throughout his days but it is much needed for his sanity.

Carry on
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 11:12 PM   #13
supradeluxe
Leaky Injector

^ this guy is crazyyyyyyy
Old 11-16-2015, 07:26 AM   #14
wrh505
Leaky Injector

wrh505 is an unknown quantity at this point
I had the vis dmax style hood for a zenki and it fit good. Had to lower the hood mount which wasnt too hard. But I had a rear VIS bumper and it fit like crap. Never had anything from extreme dimensions. I would spend the extra 100 for the VIS hood.
Old 11-16-2015, 10:18 AM   #15
DopeSpike
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
DopeSpike is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Ya know, you could just save your money and spend it on an actual D-Max vented hood.
DopeSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 12:28 PM   #16
bored123
Zilvia Member

bored123 will become famous soon enoughbored123 will become famous soon enoughbored123 will become famous soon enoughbored123 will become famous soon enoughbored123 will become famous soon enough
Dont buy extreme dimensions if you want something that'll fit. I personally know, as well a friend of mine. nothing from that place ever fits. I have had better luck with VIS
bored123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 02:23 PM   #17
fatduece
Zilvia Addict

fatduece is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT-PWR View Post
If your only intention is to drift and destroy the aero its a good choice. However if you are interested in your car looking nice, look elsewhere.
drifting isn't a about destroying aero. Quit giving people stupid advice.
fatduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 04:14 PM   #18
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatduece View Post
You kind of missed the point but whatever.
Old 11-17-2015, 08:21 AM   #19
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatduece View Post
US Drifting has been about destroying aero since 2012.
Old 11-18-2015, 07:08 PM   #20
1988montecarloss
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (24)
1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
my s14 had extreme dimensions front fenders on it when i got it, they fit like trash
Old 11-18-2015, 08:04 PM   #21
azndan2
Leaky Injector

azndan2 has a spectacular aura aboutazndan2 has a spectacular aura aboutazndan2 has a spectacular aura aboutazndan2 has a spectacular aura aboutazndan2 has a spectacular aura aboutazndan2 has a spectacular aura about
I made the stupid mistake of buying parts from extreme dimension once before. Hope you don't do the same.
Old 11-19-2015, 10:01 AM   #22
fatduece
Zilvia Addict

fatduece is an unknown quantity at this point
ExtremeFitment issues
fatduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 03:36 PM   #23
Mongomery1234
Leaky Injector

Probably would have a better chance of buying a charger bumper or something off a larger car that way you have enough extra to shave off to make it actually fit the car since 99% of the parts they sell aren't even big enough to fit the car you order them for.
Old 11-19-2015, 03:45 PM   #24
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
The people on my 350 hate their stuff
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 05:57 PM   #25
Extreme Dimensions
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Extreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT-PWR View Post
*waits for Dumpster Dimensions rep*
They'll probably say something like "If you have any problems just let us know and we will replace them! "
Which really means
"Damn, we're sorry we sent you stock we knew was garbage first in hopes that you would modify or not notice the poor quality and fitment so we could give you the shaft"
Man, that's brutal. I go out of my way to help you guys get discounts and if it doesn't work, I go out of my way to help you get a good part or your money back.
Extreme Dimensions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 05:58 PM   #26
Extreme Dimensions
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Extreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to behold
And I think my stuff fits pretty nice for the price and availability.
https://youtu.be/Mhe9jLgYVhE
Extreme Dimensions is offline   Reply With Quote