Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-30-2004, 12:50 PM   #1
MadScientist
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (3)
MadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Rare Trick,LLC (www.raretrick.com)

First off... I would like to thank those who speak highly of Rare Trick!

Next, I will glady tell everyone that our shop is based on Importing Rare and Hard to find items from Japan... Most true enthusiast whom love to order from us are usually acustomed to waiting several months for delivery. Why?
ONE- we are not a Hugh Corparation filling multiple containers a month... our company is growing and our customer base is growing even faster.
TWO- some of the products we are able to get are from companies that are well known in Japan and in the US, but they sell very few items to the US, and are not acustomed to large demands.
THREE- We have a set timeframe we work with on Placing Orders to Japan... When the Order is placed we then collect payment from Customers, and then Transfer Funds to Japan! At This Point, products begin the collection process! After all Products are collected (may take several months) Sea Freight is arranged! Then its the normal waiting on Customs random flip of the coin (Clear/ Not Clear).
FOUR - You want the best, rarest parts... you will wait!!

There is several issues that can arrise when Ordering from Japan. Made-to-Order, Back-Order, Domestic Shipping, Packing Materials (yes, this is a major), Sea Freight Export Dates, Customs Clearance, etc...
After 2 years of Importing just for Rare Trick... everything has happened... recently our Sea Freight Importer tried ripping us off... this was not a huge deal but turned out to be a major legal issue on our part because they descided to freeze all our Containers at port in Japan untill the situation was resolved, so if anyone has been waiting on our containers from April 2003 to now... this is why. Very sorry if anyone feels I have given them BS excusses... I am actually very honest, sometimes to honest.

Now, on the other hand, if you want a Product that has a US Importer (HKS, Do-Luck, etc...) We deal strictly with the US Importer... so if you think I have stock on every single item listed on Rare Trick... go back to School, take a Business class and you will learn first thing... Overhead is the death of all businesse- in the first year!! We are Not Based in Cali.. We are based just outside of New Orleans, LA and our customers are more National than Local...

Some History on our Customers...
SilviaGuy - has the first INGS D-Spec S14MC in the US!!
Silvia Driver - has the First URAS Type 3 S15 Front Bumper, and First URAS Type 1 S14 Sides and Rear.
There is only One of the following in the US...
Apexi R-95 Exhaust, Hippo Sleek S13, and One URAS R32... all from Rare Trick.

I have noticed that some people like to make public display of their experiences. If you have questions please feel free to post.

If you have Questions regarding an Order, Please use the following:
Phone: 504-296-0103
AIM: RareTrickAuto
E-mail: [email protected]

Thank you
Drew
Owner,
Rare Trick, LLC
www.raretrick.com
Old 10-30-2004, 04:19 PM   #2
andrave
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
andrave is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to andrave
Hey I emailed you guys about getting some struts/shocks and springs for a 1990 F31 M30 (nissan leopard). I can't find any shocks/struts anywhere.
I didn't get a response though.
andrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 06:27 PM   #3
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Buy parts from japan and resell them it will never work. At least I'll never buy them...
Old 10-30-2004, 07:30 PM   #4
wootwoot
Post Whore!

wootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to wootwoot
i have been on your site and i love it. i plan to order stuff from you in the future. if your "only" in louisiana i might have to come over there sometime. only 8 hours....
wootwoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 08:21 PM   #5
SlowCoupe
Zilvia Junkie

SlowCoupe is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to SlowCoupe
you the shit drew! i'm ton with the black accord and red s13 hatch if you don't remember...bought a couple parts from him locally...A++
SlowCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 05:17 PM   #6
the head
Nissanaholic!

Location: in a dark room mastering the art of typing with one hand
the head is making a name for him/her selfthe head is making a name for him/her self
the hippo sleek S13 silvia front end is mine looks pimp as hell
Old 10-31-2004, 05:53 PM   #7
bob marley
Leaky Injector

bob marley is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to bob marley
Quote:
Originally Posted by wootwoot
i have been on your site and i love it. i plan to order stuff from you in the future. if your "only" in louisiana i might have to come over there sometime. only 8 hours....
Exactly how I feel. I have nothing but good things to say about Raretrick.

Johann
bob marley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 06:09 PM   #8
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
I think Rare Trick is like a crack dealer. Anytime Drew posts a GB I go buy a case of Ramen and start hording my money. I only slept with my engine mounts for ONE night...
Old 11-01-2004, 08:29 AM   #9
Maxtype 240
Zilvia Member

Maxtype 240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Learn from my experience: www.japanparts.com had the same prices as Raretrick but check out this story:

I purchase a set of Ings front/side winkers. They sent me URAS lights. I have to return them before they re-ship the right stuff. They ship the right stuff - to Poland!!! I'm still waiting...

It's good to have an enthusiast in the States to care for our concerns versus some overseas shop not giving a f*&. Stick w/ RareTrick people.

Jesse
Old 11-01-2004, 09:34 AM   #10
Var
Post Whore!

Var is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Var
I only got one experience with raretrick. i ordered some motor/tranny mounts. they showed up eventually but it took really long. IMO fast shipping is part of customer service. By experience if your group buys sell pretty well all the time, you should throw down the cash and start stocking items before you post. That's the whole idea behind having a shop no? Anyone can collect a bunch of money from people, then order the parts. At least you are reputable. I've never heard of anyone being ripped of from rare trick.. When i need something that is truly rare, and i have no choice but to wait, then i will definitely order from you again.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 09:52 AM   #11
wanabe240esx

wanabe240esx is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to wanabe240esx
i definitely was in on a kazama t/c rods power brace GB and ya it took a couple months more than expected, but i got the best deal on them so f off, raretrick rules
wanabe240esx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 11:43 AM   #12
silviaguy
Zilvia Member

silviaguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to silviaguy
I love my KIT!
---------------------

SR20DET Worship It!!
silviaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 11:51 AM   #13
Dunkee
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Dunkee is a glorious beacon of lightDunkee is a glorious beacon of lightDunkee is a glorious beacon of lightDunkee is a glorious beacon of lightDunkee is a glorious beacon of lightDunkee is a glorious beacon of lightDunkee is a glorious beacon of lightDunkee is a glorious beacon of lightDunkee is a glorious beacon of lightDunkee is a glorious beacon of lightDunkee is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Hey Drew, I'm glad things were finally resolved w/ shipping. Zilvia def speaks very highly of you guys. I'm the one that kept bugging you about the S14 URAS clear side blinkers. They're not blinkers though?
Old 11-01-2004, 01:44 PM   #14
andrave
BANNED

ok, great, no response on the struts, either on the forum or from my email. I can tell they really care about the customer.
Old 11-01-2004, 06:26 PM   #15
rupertaker1
BANNED

rupertaker1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to rupertaker1
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrave
ok, great, no response on the struts, either on the forum or from my email. I can tell they really care about the customer.
Unless it's the weekend, you'll have a response the same day.

Email me at [email protected]
rupertaker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 08:14 PM   #16
andrave
BANNED

I sent (another) email.
Old 11-01-2004, 08:35 PM   #17
SilviaDriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
SilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SilviaDriver
i like my Uras kit.
SilviaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 10:29 AM   #18
MadScientist
Zilvia.net Advertiser

MadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrave
Obviously, its not a very easy item to find if everyone on the M30 Boards can't find anything... I dont know the M30 Chassis Code, but you might want to check www.impul.co.jp Don't expect a fast response for something that is Hard To Find.

Back on Topic....

A couple things that you guys can look forward to in the future...
1. Limited Edition Parts, Numbered, and Certificate of Authenticity (COA)
2. Used Rare Parts Section (Rare Oddities)
3. More Manufacturers
4. New Website Design
5. Faster Importing
6. Bigger Group Buys

As most of you guys know from dealing with us, we are not your typical shop... no ass kissing ever... I feel that if you can spend money with us, then you can be friends with us. This doesn't work with all people... some people expect the One Knee Approach... not going to happen, ever.

I do feel that people/ dealers have forgoten about some of the best asspects.
Its not all about making sales or getting a free t-shirt.
Friends, Hang-outs, BBQs, Car Clubs, Driveway Installs, ...just have fun and enjoy playing and learning what can be done...

Peace
Drew
Old 11-02-2004, 07:42 PM   #19
S14DB
AFC #1

Raretrick has Balls!
Old 11-03-2004, 11:16 AM   #20
ep510
Leaky Injector

ep510 is an unknown quantity at this point
Drew was great in answering all my questions to help select the right part--with quick shipping and great communication.

I will be back for more parts when needed ( or the bank account allows)

DJ

91 CA18DET 240SX
ep510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 03:14 PM   #21
sLiDewAys
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
sLiDewAys is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I want the JUN lightweight flywheel for the ca18det.... how long will that take to process and get shipped to my door.. sorry but i need close to exact ammount of days, cant have my car down for too long.

brandon

marina, ca 93933
Old 11-04-2004, 05:34 PM   #22
MadScientist
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by sLiDewAys
I want the JUN lightweight flywheel for the ca18det.... how long will that take to process and get shipped to my door.. sorry but i need close to exact ammount of days, cant have my car down for too long.

brandon

marina, ca 93933
Dunno your situation but wouldn't it be wise to down your car after you recieve the Flywheel. Exact date... please, I dont even get exact dates... however, we do have a JUN Group Buy going on till end of Nov.

BTW... I have noticed alot of people asking for parts that are needed for Engine swaps... thing is... they are telling me they need the parts ASAP because they already did the swap and need to drive to work tomorrow...??!!??
Don't Do An Engine Swap Untill You Have ALL The Parts!!!
Its a Nissan, Not a Honda!!

Peace
Drew
Old 11-04-2004, 06:42 PM   #23
driftyour40
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
driftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Just thought I would say. Checked out your site for the first time today, and I like it but. I couldn't get to any larger PICS of parts, and some of the things I was looking at needed to be better described, and your prices are a little steep. For example, you have the Nismo power brace for the s14 listed at 175, one of the Nissan dealerships has it listed at 135. Maybe, you could be a little more competitive with parts that can be found easily.
driftyour40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 09:34 AM   #24
MadScientist
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftyour40
Just thought I would say. Checked out your site for the first time today, and I like it but. I couldn't get to any larger PICS of parts, and some of the things I was looking at needed to be better described, and your prices are a little steep. For example, you have the Nismo power brace for the s14 listed at 175, one of the Nissan dealerships has it listed at 135. Maybe, you could be a little more competitive with parts that can be found easily.
Glad you mentioned this...

Thats why we offer Price Matching... I have over 3000 parts listed and its a bit hard to fix prices constantly, therefore if someone truly wants to purchase from us they can Price Match....However... Think of your Price Comparison of Nismo @ Nissan Dealer... Nissan Dealers can list parts as low as they want w/o regulation, Nissan Dealers only care about themself making a profit.
Some stuff I can't Price Match due to this. I also have access to the entire Nismo line, where as Nissan Dealers are very very limited!!

Price Matching only applies to advertised prices. Lowballing Dealers are the main reason for lowballing customers. Dealers that get products dirrectly from the Manufacturer are limited to the prices they can advertise, where Dealers that get parts from Third Party Dealers get a lower discount but still have freedom to mark prices down.

Website is getting completly re-designed. The Larger Image file keeps going nuts on me everytime I fix something, hopefully this will get sorted out with the Re-design.

Drew
Old 11-06-2004, 12:07 AM   #25
sLiDewAys
Nissanaholic!

lol maddscintist your a smart ass thats cool tho. i didnt mean to sound soo demanding. I wanted to just ask you how long do you think it would take for processing and shipment because id like to have my car up and running before 05'
Old 11-06-2004, 07:15 AM   #26
b-s14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
b-s14 will become famous soon enoughb-s14 will become famous soon enoughb-s14 will become famous soon enoughb-s14 will become famous soon enoughb-s14 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to b-s14
hey drew, i've been trying to contact you about the Blitz Meter holder on AIM but no one ever responds. can you get back to me at [email protected] ..? thanks
b-s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 10:02 AM   #27
MadScientist
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by sLiDewAys
lol maddscintist your a smart ass thats cool tho. i didnt mean to sound soo demanding. I wanted to just ask you how long do you think it would take for processing and shipment because id like to have my car up and running before 05'
If your dead set on JUN then its going to take time. Exedy is in the US and has good stock of parts so I will see if they have a CA flywheel for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB
Raretrick has Balls!
Advertising.... what do you guys think is the best?!?
We have did all types of advertising, and some are just dead ends.

Sponsored Links (Pay per Click) on Yahoo, Google, MSN, etc...(Search Engines) proved to be the biggest waste of time and money.

Magazine Adds - all Magazines are high production and distributed Nationally... doesn't mean that people buy them and if they do, see your add. I know that magazines end up on the Back of the Toilet!

Throwing in free products like, License Plate Frames, T-shirts, Stickers, etc... on a customer order is a Hit or Miss, and realy doesn't get people talking.

Word of Mouth is a companies best advertisment.

Other Ideas that we have not resorted to, but have thought about and laugh at. Instead of throwing in t-shirts, frames, etc.. throw in something more contraversial like, rolling papers, condoms, bag or rice, bandaids, etc... (see what I mean... eather your eyes are huge right now, or your laughing...)

Let me know what you guys think...
Peace
Drew
Old 11-10-2004, 12:22 PM   #28
the head
Nissanaholic!

Location: in a dark room mastering the art of typing with one hand
the head is making a name for him/her selfthe head is making a name for him/her self
if we can choose i would like condoms and rolling papers in my next order

m30 chassis code is F31
Old 11-10-2004, 02:15 PM   #29
sLiDewAys
Nissanaholic!

exedy, hmm just let me knoe what you find out from them!

brandon
Old 11-12-2004, 08:54 AM   #30
blitz180
Zilvia Member

blitz180 is making his/her stupidity well-knownblitz180 is making his/her stupidity well-knownblitz180 is making his/her stupidity well-knownblitz180 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Send a message via ICQ to blitz180 Send a message via AIM to blitz180
Rare Trick kicks your mother's ass, and takes the name of all the other mothers on the block.... ya know, in case it has to come back and make another example. I can't count the shit i've gotten off of them.

Blitz Rad Cap
Cusco Front and Rear OS Strut Bars
Blitz Cooling Performer
Cusco Drift Knob
Blitz Shift Knob
Uras Winker Lights
Jun Ultralight Racing Flywheel

Yeah, like the people say, it takes some time to get suff here, but if you are wanting rare then that means you'll wait. It's faster for him to to order it and get it here than it is for you to save up money for a ticket and try to bring it back, I can tell you that, lol. But much props to RT LLC.
blitz180 is offline   Reply With Quote