Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > South Western States

South Western States Arizona, California, Hawaii, and Nevada.

Old 05-19-2009, 12:03 AM   #1
SeanPlunk
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
SeanPlunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
June 13th Motorgen Meet/Angeles Crest Run!

2nd Annual Motorgen Angeles Crest Forest Cruise!!
Saturday June 13th!!

VIDEO OF TEST RUN
Video.

VIDEOS OF LAST YEAR
Videos.

MEET UP LOCATION - FULLERTON
Meet up at the North East corner of Orangethorpe and Brookhurst in Fullerton across the street from Nick's around noon (12:00p.m.) for a brief hang. Leave at 12:30p.m. to pick up the 5 and head for an Angeles Crest Forest Run above LA. There's a McDonald's and Starbucks within walking distance of the meet up location. I will have maps that I will hand out for everyone. This is the address:
1725 Orangethorpe!!

MEET UP LOCATION - ANGELES CREST
We will be meeting just off the freeway close to the entrance for Angeles Crest. HERE IS AN IMAGE OF WHERE WE WILL BE MEETING! WE SHOULD HIT THIS POINT AROUND 1:10p.m. TO 1:15p.m.!!

BASIC ROUTE FROM FULLERTON
I've selected a Biker Friendly route that bypasses many of the interchanges on the 5.

91 West from Brookhurst, stay in right lane as it immediately becomes the 5 North
5 North to 605 North 10 Miles
605 North to 210 West 16 Miles
210 North to Hwy 2 16.5 Miles

Once on Hwy. 2, it's about 27.5 miles to Newcomb's Cafe, it's a cool place with lots of exotic bikes.

It's about another 13.2 Miles to where Hwy 2 is Closed.

THREAD
Also, you can participate in the discussion of the details in this thread.

We should get back in time for the meet at Nick's at 6:30p.m. We have our meets every 2nd Saturday of each month. It is a mix of all kinds of cars (domestic, euro, import) and it's a great group of car guys. The address is:

Nick's Burger
1712 W. Orangethorpe Ave
Fullerton, CA 92833

If anyone has any questions please give me a call (714-322-2324), shoot me an email ([email protected]) or visit this thread at Motorgen. The actual event is HERE on the calendar!

NOTE
If you think there's a good chance you're going to attend, please let us know by clicking on the link here. Thanks and see you there!
SeanPlunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2009, 12:36 AM   #2
driftage240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
driftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via AIM to driftage240
wow this shit fails..just another reason why chp now patrols my back yard thanks u fuck!

Misty blu is coming 4 you!
driftage240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 05:12 AM   #3
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftage240 View Post
wow this shit fails..just another reason why chp now patrols my back yard thanks u fuck!
Haha I thought the same thing, until I saw the "mix of cars" - as long as they've got domestics in there too, the imports will be 'camouflaged' lol. Might be fun.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 07:11 AM   #4
TravisSW
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
TravisSW is close to perfectionTravisSW is close to perfectionTravisSW is close to perfectionTravisSW is close to perfectionTravisSW is close to perfectionTravisSW is close to perfectionTravisSW is close to perfectionTravisSW is close to perfectionTravisSW is close to perfectionTravisSW is close to perfectionTravisSW is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TravisSW
Really? Seriously?

Mod, delete post and lock please.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:26 AM   #5
SeanPlunk
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Sorry, I didn't mean to piss you off. We went last year actually and everyone was well behaved. We even saw some cops but they were cool. I just thought some of you guys might want to go, it's actually a fun time.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:39 AM   #6
TravisSW
Nissanaholic!

TravisSW is close to perfectionTravisSW is close to perfectionTravisSW is close to perfectionTravisSW is close to perfectionTravisSW is close to perfectionTravisSW is close to perfectionTravisSW is close to perfectionTravisSW is close to perfectionTravisSW is close to perfectionTravisSW is close to perfectionTravisSW is close to perfection
I'm sure it's fun, but usually threads on here like this aren't tolerated.

People usually think:
-Cop trap
-People will end up fucking up
-Racing...well not racing, but speeding
-Too many hobby cars in a curvy road isn't subtle at all.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:43 AM   #7
SeanPlunk
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisSW View Post
I'm sure it's fun, but usually threads on here like this aren't tolerated.

People usually think:
-Cop trap
-People will end up fucking up
-Racing...well not racing, but speeding
-Too many hobby cars in a curvy road isn't subtle at all.
I totally understand. We really aren't racing through it or anything. Last year was just a nice cruise up the mountain. If this kind of thread really isn't okay though I'll definitely delete it or a mod can. I don't want to break any of your boards rules. Sorry to everyone I pissed off. I post our meets on like 33 boards and I wasn't caught up on all the rules here.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:17 AM   #8
TravisSW
Nissanaholic!

Not really a rule, more like one of those weird things lol.

Actually, no, more like a "be careful what you post."
I'd actually be down for this, but I'm in need of tires and an alignment though it's just a cruise. Always wanted to check out the place.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:31 AM   #9
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
i think it sounds fun. and as long as the ppl who attend are well behaved, it should be a sweet event. if it wasn't the same day as my sister graduates from college i might attend

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 03:51 PM   #10
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisSW View Post
Really? Seriously?

Mod, delete post and lock please.
Crybabies. Shut up.

This isn't the usual "Hey we're going up to [insert canyon here] to drift and race! Who wants to go?!"

Nothing wrong with a cruise. This guy has posted threads here before, and its never been an issue.
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
soreballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 03:57 PM   #11
TravisSW
Nissanaholic!

Nay,

I'll never shut up!

LETS ALL GO PHAT JDM DRIFTING IN OUR FF CONVERTERED TWO HUNDERD AND 40S!
Old 05-19-2009, 06:23 PM   #12
driftage240
Post Whore!

driftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfection
nope

Quote:
Originally Posted by soreballz View Post
Crybabies. Shut up.

This isn't the usual "Hey we're going up to [insert canyon here] to drift and race! Who wants to go?!"

Nothing wrong with a cruise. This guy has posted threads here before, and its never been an issue.
Well you do live here? "no" Do you deal with chp in the crest? no,nore any of the local jurisdictions, so re frame your self before commenting..whatever..ill cry all i fucking want..

Old 05-19-2009, 06:32 PM   #13
soreballz
Post Whore!

soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
^You should probably clean all that sand out of your vagina. Its gonna cause a nasty infection.
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
Old 05-19-2009, 06:38 PM   #14
driftage240
Post Whore!

^^^^Eh how bout u clean it for me? thanks sweetie pie!

Old 05-19-2009, 06:45 PM   #15
soreballz
Post Whore!

^Yum yum yum.
Glad to see you still have a sense of humor here.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:11 PM   #16
SeanPlunk
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Well you do live here? "no" Do you deal with chp in the crest? no,nore any of the local jurisdictions, so re frame your self before commenting..whatever..ill cry all i fucking want..
Yeah, I have heard the cops are pretty active in the area. It would be a pain in the butt to deal with them all the time . We won't be speeding through though, it's just a nice cruise as far as were concerned.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:20 AM   #17
dillusion13
Leaky Injector

dillusion13 is making a name for him/her selfdillusion13 is making a name for him/her selfdillusion13 is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
Yeah, I have heard the cops are pretty active in the area. It would be a pain in the butt to deal with them all the time . We won't be speeding through though, it's just a nice cruise as far as were concerned.

I went on this cruise last month and I gotta say it was pretty nice. Nobody acting dumb, just a bunch of guys and girls that like cars. The cruise was very chill.
dillusion13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 09:47 PM   #18
SeanPlunk
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillusion13 View Post
I went on this cruise last month and I gotta say it was pretty nice. Nobody acting dumb, just a bunch of guys and girls that like cars. The cruise was very chill.
Are you going to make it out this time? I love your car, it's so clean
Old 05-21-2009, 10:16 AM   #19
dillusion13
Leaky Injector

dillusion13 is making a name for him/her selfdillusion13 is making a name for him/her selfdillusion13 is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Are you going to make it out this time? I love your car, it's so clean
I hope so. Finally got some new tires....LOL I'm trying to get other guys to come also.
Old 05-21-2009, 04:45 PM   #20
kevmeistah21
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (68)
kevmeistah21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 68 reviews
Send a message via AIM to kevmeistah21
maybe i'll join this if i could catch you guys on the 210 since you're passing my house..
kevmeistah21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 08:18 PM   #21
SeanPlunk
Zilvia Member

Monday Bump!

Thanks to the Subie and MazdaSpeed3 guys it has been brought to my attention that Angeles Crest is open all the way through again. A friend and I are going to prerun the route to scope out the situation and then post an updated route soon

The date and times though will remain the same. Last cruise we had about 30 cars and this one should be bigger! Keep your eyes on this thread as we get closer for more details. See everyone there!
Old 05-25-2009, 08:19 PM   #22
SeanPlunk
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillusion13 View Post
I hope so. Finally got some new tires....LOL I'm trying to get other guys to come also.
I didn't realize your tires were bald last time, LOL. I'm shocked you made it down the mountain so well
Old 05-26-2009, 09:40 AM   #23
dillusion13
Leaky Injector

Quote:
I didn't realize your tires were bald last time, LOL. I'm shocked you made it down the mountain so well
LOL, I'm shocked I made it down the mountain period!
Old 05-26-2009, 10:33 PM   #24
dolphin
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
dolphin is a name known to alldolphin is a name known to alldolphin is a name known to alldolphin is a name known to alldolphin is a name known to alldolphin is a name known to alldolphin is a name known to alldolphin is a name known to alldolphin is a name known to alldolphin is a name known to alldolphin is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dolphin
great..... now angeles is hot..... j/k angeles is cool, last time i went was super windy, and sooooo much rocks on the ground

dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 11:02 PM   #25
SeanPlunk
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
great..... now angeles is hot..... j/k angeles is cool, last time i went was super windy, and sooooo much rocks on the ground
Yeah, I know what you mean. We are going to try hard to pre-run it before the event just to make sure it's not too nasty up there.
Old 06-01-2009, 12:06 PM   #26
SeanPlunk
Zilvia Member

Two Week Bump!

Everything is open again so we're going ALL the way though now

When we get to the Crest we may break into 2 groups because we have so many cars. The first group would be for those that want to be at the speed limit the entire time. The second group would be for those of us that just want to cruise through at a leisurely pace. I'm planning to lead the 2nd group.

Here is the new route!
Old 06-01-2009, 02:46 PM   #27
Sergio180sx
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (24)
Sergio180sx is on the path to ruinSergio180sx is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
I would love to go that seems fun as long as no idiots attend woohoo cant wait!!
Sergio180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 11:27 AM   #28
SeanPlunk
Zilvia Member

Alright everyone, this meet and cruise is THIS SATURDAY!

One of the guys from the Mazdaspeed3 forums (thanks Design!!) ran it yesterday and this is what he had to say:

"Just ran Angeles Crest today from Pasadena to Wrightwood. Majority of the road has been repaved and almost no debris. Should be a great trip for those considering it."

I also just checked the weather and it's supposed to be 76 degrees and sunny

If anyone has any questions shoot me a PM, email me ([email protected]), or give me a call at 714-322-2324. Also, the information thread is here.[/url] I'll see you all there!
Old 06-08-2009, 02:13 PM   #29
CBS
BANNED

Trader Rating: (3)
CBS is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
seems fun, op isnt saying anyone is racing.
they just want to cruise through and chill I guess.
CBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 02:15 PM   #30
SeanPlunk
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBS View Post
seems fun, op isnt saying anyone is racing.
they just want to cruise through and chill I guess.
Yeah, we're just cruising. A group of guys in the front may go at a faster pace, but I'm leading the 2nd group and we're not racing through - just a nice, normal pace.