Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-14-2003, 09:42 PM   #1
moose
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
moose is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Repo

I was searching for 240's on usedcars.com, and came across 97 240sx with 78000 miles on it, for $3500!!! What is going on with that? Is it true, I know it's aution but can you get the thing for even close to that price? I would expect to pay close to $12000 Canadian for a 97, so I thought I might check out the US cars.

Anyways, tell me what you think and if I should take that route, because I'm thinking of buying a 97.

All opinions welcome and I really don't care what you say.

Moose
Old 02-14-2003, 09:52 PM   #2
KiDyNomiTe
Post Whore!

KiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to KiDyNomiTe
does it work?
Old 02-14-2003, 10:31 PM   #3
tnord
Nissanaholic!

tnord is an unknown quantity at this point
you don't even have a 240 yet??? geez.......i feel like we need to make people enter their VIN's and names so we can restrict people from posting until they actually own the car.
tnord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2003, 11:09 PM   #4
HaLo
from Canada, eh!

HaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfection
Send a message via ICQ to HaLo Send a message via AIM to HaLo Send a message via MSN to HaLo
Quote:
Originally posted by tnord
you don't even have a 240 yet??? geez.......i feel like we need to make people enter their VIN's and names so we can restrict people from posting until they actually own the car.

I must say that you have the most hilarious answers to newbies... except maybe the last thread on the cost of an SR20DET where Dousan36 flamed on four 2 pages.
SOLD: 01 GPW Honda S2000
PARTED: 93 Pearl White 240SX LE Fastback w/SR20DET
SOLD: 93 Super White 240SX SE Convertible w/Silvia Front
HaLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 12:53 AM   #5
91CRXsiR
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
91CRXsiR is making a name for him/her self91CRXsiR is making a name for him/her self91CRXsiR is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 91CRXsiR Send a message via MSN to 91CRXsiR
130 + posts hardly make him a n0ob.

but yea it must be scary to get flamed by tnord .. especailly when they dont know about his cynical sense of humor ...

FLAME oN
91CRXsiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 02:50 AM   #6
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
bows thank you

tnord rocks.

3500 for a 240sx? oh that's right you can afford it rich lad

probably either-messed up/pos/not running
if its an auction, it will end up much higher for sure...probably near 7-10K USD, then you have to pay fees to get it into canada. stay in canada.

as far as posting w/o having a car. i agree. but nothings better then waking up and flaming a newb who's considering to sell his car and get a nissan and drop a Sr20det...
Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 08:04 AM   #7
moose
Zilvia Member

Hmmmm that's funny, cause I have a 95 SE. I want a 97 because I can sell my 95 here for Big $ and I can get an 97 cheaper. The 97 is perfectly fine. It works and runs excellent, they are cars seized from people that can't pay for them. It's an auction, but I think it won't go for more than 5k, because it's a repo and people turn their heads at that.
Old 02-15-2003, 09:04 AM   #8
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
no not necessarily
repo can be a perfectly good car, th eprevious owner jsut couldnt make th epayments.

a lot of times, dealers pick it up and then clean it up and sell it at their lots

also some auctions you have to be a dealer to get in, but im not sure how your finding this one.

anywyays, best of luck, i've always like kouki s14s. hope its a good color.
Old 02-15-2003, 09:18 AM   #9
moose
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally posted by dousan36
no not necessarily
repo can be a perfectly good car, th eprevious owner jsut couldnt make th epayments.

a lot of times, dealers pick it up and then clean it up and sell it at their lots

also some auctions you have to be a dealer to get in, but im not sure how your finding this one.

anywyays, best of luck, i've always like kouki s14s. hope its a good color.
Hey thanks,
How much does a 97 S14 go for down there?
Anything under 5k?
Old 02-15-2003, 09:20 AM   #10
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

you mean on average for sale? No way. 5K definately not. that'sfor 95/96 cars. 97/98 were more uncommon and newer.

10-12K USD is average for a 97/8

check out www.autotrader.com
zip code? use a so cali one..um..92807 just search the nation or something, it will give you a general idea.
Old 02-15-2003, 10:44 AM   #11
formeRiceR
Zilvia Member

formeRiceR is an unknown quantity at this point
don't do it it's a Scam

it's fake dude....I know because I fell for it....they put the ad on-line as a repo auction, they tell you that you have to become a member in order to join their auctioneers circle...you have to dish out 50$ and then you find out that the car you wanted was nothing but a decoy to lure you in...FORGET ABOUT IT..

Learning about cars one FLAME at a time ... (thanks to TNORD)
formeRiceR is offline   Reply With Quote